Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 02-28-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3

It is always open!
raiderchampion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Jamarcus Russell's mouth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3

At least we have a team that has won more super bowls then the donkeys!
raiderchampion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default opponents will all get better...but

Even Oakland has a chance to get better if they move on from the Jamarcus project.

The Bolts have no obvious weaknesses, their running game will improve...mark my words, I was the last off the LT bandwagon...but young guns, will add juice we simply didn't have.

Stopping the run, will only improve with Jamal coming back...and the rest of the Dline young guns a year older.

Our only potential weakness is special teams...with Osgood probably leaving, and Sproles.

AJ has proven he can find talent in the draft, especially in later rounds and UDFA...so until Pioli proves his talent harvesting skills weren't mostly Bellicheats, I ain't worried. We don't yet know how McDaniels and their FO will due on draft day, both verdicts are still out from their 2009 classes (as with ours).

Until Al takes his dirt nap, I will continue to cheer the Raiders draft day blunders.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo23 View Post
Even Oakland has a chance to get better if they move on from the Jamarcus project.

The Bolts have no obvious weaknesses, their running game will improve...mark my words, I was the last off the LT bandwagon...but young guns, will add juice we simply didn't have.

Stopping the run, will only improve with Jamal coming back...and the rest of the Dline young guns a year older.

Our only potential weakness is special teams...with Osgood probably leaving, and Sproles.

AJ has proven he can find talent in the draft, especially in later rounds and UDFA...so until Pioli proves his talent harvesting skills weren't mostly Bellicheats, I ain't worried. We don't yet know how McDaniels and their FO will due on draft day, both verdicts are still out from their 2009 classes (as with ours).

Until Al takes his dirt nap, I will continue to cheer the Raiders draft day blunders.
I think we're going to see AJ draft a DB higher than expected if he has return skills. Once Cro is shipped out we'll have a better idea of what our needs will be. If we just get a pick in return, that'd be terrific, the higher the better.

Jamal returning, I'm not so sure how much stock we can put into that. First of all he is due a huge bonus, and could in fact be cut. I doubt that happens, but it's a poss. Secondly I don't know if he will be as dominant as we need him to be. I'm definitely pushing for NT in the first round if anyone remotely worth taking is there. RB can wait til the 2nd.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
adrunkcow
Rookie

adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.

Wait not so fast cc sd, Jamal might not be returning! http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2010...diego-chargers

I have just become very sad.... personally I don't think that 2010 is going to be a down year, unless you think winning 10-12 games is a down year. If the Chargers have good draft this year, than I think they can still be a powerhouse. On another note I would just like to say that I think the Chargers are over valuing Sproles a little.
adrunkcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

Jamal returning, I'm not so sure how much stock we can put into that. First of all he is due a huge bonus, and could in fact be cut. I doubt that happens, but it's a poss. Secondly I don't know if he will be as dominant as we need him to be. I'm definitely pushing for NT in the first round if anyone remotely worth taking is there. RB can wait til the 2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrunkcow View Post
Wait not so fast cc sd, Jamal might not be returning! http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2010...diego-chargers
Hm, basically I am prescient. This sucks but hopefully Ian Scott returns and we draft a prime DT. This shouldn't change our draft plans.

As for being a down year...I don't know. My belief in Rivers/Gates/Jackson/Floyd is infinite. With a complete draft for the first time in forever, and probably no Cro, the defense will definitely be better. Running game can't be any worse. Bottom line is that we will win the division again and from there, who knows.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
adrunkcow
Rookie

adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.adrunkcow could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah I would agree. My only concern is Floyd, who is getting older and is still injury prone, even though he did play every game last year. Rivers/Gates/Jackson are great and are going to be great for the next several years.
adrunkcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Jamal and the NT position

If Jamal comes back, it will be a more team friendly deal...and with the importance of the position, a team like KC might pull the trigger, and pay him more than the Bolts are willing. Both KC and Denver need NT's...and they know what a healthy Jamal can do. I say one of our competitors in the AFC West pays him.

My biggest question at NT is whether or not Vaughn Martin can become one...and I don't even know if our coaching staff is projecting him there. I noticed he has a 12 week recovery time for surgery, if he can put on 20-25 pounds maybe he can be the plugger we need.

If he is not the future at the position, its time to strongly consider Cody or Dan Williams if they are there.

Everybody else seems like 5 tech guys (Odrick, etc).

Anybody have any darkhorse middle round guys who could become a stud NT?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Quote:
Well this was a little prophetic, but its been TONS worse than I ever could have imagined.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss RC3.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-09-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sabf you just wish you had as many rings as mr davis! how many do the donkeys have? oh thats right less than the raiders!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I wish I still had my PMs from him. Dude hated me. We had some hilarious exchanges.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-10-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
looooooooooooollllllllllllll nice call. Honestly is it that much of a stretch to say we would be undefeated right now if we had even average special teams play?

2 kr touchdowns
1 pr touchdown
massive yardage every single opponent return.

4 blocked punts, 1 'deflected' punt.

blocked extra point.

horribly timed missed field goals, Kaeding and Scifres both injured.

on our 5th long snapper of the season...

absolutely nothing in the return game from Sproles.........

mind numbing mistakes/penalties in every facet of special teams.............

5 losses, none by more than a touchdown???????
Old 11-10-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Default 8-1 prolly

The St. Louis game is the only one that we couldn't blame on special teams.
I have NEVER seen anything like it...hopefully we get it fixed enough to find a way into the tournament.

We also have had multiple gaffes on KO return offensively with Sproles and Hester this last game.

I am hoping AJ picks up Jason Allen, loved him coming out of Vol country...and he is supposedly a ST ace.