Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-26-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So with Tampa Bay being finished with Antonio Bryant, I wonder if the Chiefs might be able to lure him to town with a nice 1 year contract, someone to play opposite Dwayne Bowe and stretch the field a little bit. That would take some pressure off the Chiefs to take a receiver early I think.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chambers isn't gone.. yet. I wouldn't mind Bryant though. Would be a nice receiving group with those three.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
So with Tampa Bay being finished with Antonio Bryant, I wonder if the Chiefs might be able to lure him to town with a nice 1 year contract, someone to play opposite Dwayne Bowe and stretch the field a little bit. That would take some pressure off the Chiefs to take a receiver early I think.
I could see the Chiefs going after him but I think it would take more then a one year deal, he just got done playing on a one year deal and wasn't happy about it.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any WR help would be much appreciated. The WRs that are UFA are small in numbers and unknowns. T.O., who I wouldn't have anywhere near Matt Cassel, Antonio Bryant (will only be 29 at beginning of the season), Kevin Walter, Josh Reed, Kelley Washington and David Clowney look like the cream of the crop. Bryant and Walters are the 2 I would target. They are the most productive of the bunch.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I could see the Chiefs going after him but I think it would take more then a one year deal, he just got done playing on a one year deal and wasn't happy about it.
Coming off an injury plagued season and with the history of off-field incidents (I read he is one positive test from a 1 year suspension) and also taking into account his big year 2 seasons ago he should get a very lucrative 1 year deal to allow him to play his way into a big contract which should probably be his last contract.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Bell gets low tender from Saints

"Scout's Adam Caplan reports that Bell got the lowest "right of first refusal" tender as a restricted free agent. Since Bell was undrafted, the team gets nothing back if he signs elsewhere."

Yes please.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Mike Bell gets low tender from Saints

"Scout's Adam Caplan reports that Bell got the lowest "right of first refusal" tender as a restricted free agent. Since Bell was undrafted, the team gets nothing back if he signs elsewhere."

Yes please.
Yes, please what? I'm sure that the Chiefs can do a whole lot better than picking up washed-up scrub Mike Bell. His burst is long gone.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
Yes, please what? I'm sure that the Chiefs can do a whole lot better than picking up washed-up scrub Mike Bell. His burst is long gone.
He is 26 years old. What are you talking about? We need depth at RB we have none...
Old 03-01-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Age doesn't necessarily define one as being a washed-up scrub, performance does. Bell was miserable this year for the Saints. Check out Rotoworlds perspective Maybe he'll have an awesome off-season, his knees will rejuvenate, and he'll flash some of how he played at U of A and his first year with the Donks, but I doubt it.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

If 650 yards and 5 TD's as a back up is bad then sign me up all he has to do is take the load off of JC.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The opening bell for unrestricted free agency will ring this Thursday night at 11:01 PM here in Kansas City. We’ve taken a look at some of the available names out there, and more have been added since each position was presented. What we haven’t talked much about are the Chiefs restricted free agents.

The Chiefs must make tender decisions on eight restricted free agents by Thursday’s deadline.

The Chiefs restricted free agents are as follows:

OL Andy Alleman
QB Brodie Croyle
LB Derrick Johnson
LB Corey Mays
OL Ikechuku Ndukwe
C Rudy Niswanger
T Ryan O’Callaghan
S Jarrad Page

*RB Kolby Smith and QB Matt Gutierrez were part of the Chiefs restricted free agent list, but agreed to new contracts last week

If the Chiefs are to retain the rights to any of the above players, Kansas City must tender an offer to each RFA based on draft pick compensation and the RFA’s accrued NFL tenure. Should the Chiefs decide not to extend a tender offer, the said player will become an unrestricted free agent.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The opening bell for unrestricted free agency will ring this Thursday night at 11:01 PM here in Kansas City. We’ve taken a look at some of the available names out there, and more have been added since each position was presented. What we haven’t talked much about are the Chiefs restricted free agents.

The Chiefs must make tender decisions on eight restricted free agents by Thursday’s deadline.

OL Andy Alleman
QB Brodie Croyle
LB Derrick Johnson
LB Corey Mays
OL Ikechuku Ndukwe
C Rudy Niswanger
T Ryan O’Callaghan
S Jarrad Page

*RB Kolby Smith and QB Matt Gutierrez were part of the Chiefs restricted free agent list, but agreed to new contracts last week

If the Chiefs are to retain the rights to any of the above players, Kansas City must tender an offer to each RFA based on draft pick compensation and the RFA’s accrued NFL tenure. Should the Chiefs decide not to extend a tender offer, the said player will become an unrestricted free agent.
I would offer all of these players, with DJ and Page getting higher compensation tenders. We could live without most of those guys, but I feel more comfortable with the depth they provide. Also, O'Callaghan is probably our starting right tackle next year unless the Chiefs take a tackle at 5, so they should probably bring him back.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I would offer all of these players, with DJ and Page getting higher compensation tenders. We could live without most of those guys, but I feel more comfortable with the depth they provide. Also, O'Callaghan is probably our starting right tackle next year unless the Chiefs take a tackle at 5, so they should probably bring him back.
Yeah I agree with you 100% here. Slap a 2nd/3rd on DJ and a 3rd/4th on Page but get it done and quick.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

OL Andy Alleman
QB Brodie Croyle
LB Derrick Johnson
LB Corey Mays
OL Ikechuku Ndukwe
C Rudy Niswanger
T Ryan O’Callaghan
S Jarrad Page

Tender all of them. Cheap depth and/or extra draft picks... No brainer. 4 or 5 of them are starters.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw this on ArrowheadPride:
According to Adam Caplan of Scout.com, the Kansas City Chiefs will not be offering Alleman a tender essentially sealing his fate as an ex-Chief.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
I just saw this on ArrowheadPride:
According to Adam Caplan of Scout.com, the Kansas City Chiefs will not be offering Alleman a tender essentially sealing his fate as an ex-Chief.
Not a big deal.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

This could mean that G/C is a target for the draft, which would be excellent news.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a big deal.
Actually, I'd have been more surprised if he had been tendered.

Hopefully, Vidae's right and this does mean they will target a G/C in the draft.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think G/C would have been a target even if they had gave him a tender.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
I think G/C would have been a target even if they had gave him a tender.

I agree......
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I thought so last year as well. ;p

Old 03-02-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I thought so last year as well. ;p
Well they did bring in Mike Goff and that C from the Bengals (can't think of his name) both ended up being bad moves but from the teams point of view they thought they had addressed it.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goff was supposed to solidify that RG spot. Alot of bengal fans thought that Center was worse that Niswanger, probably just competition to attempt to make Niswanger better.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Goff was supposed to solidify that RG spot. Alot of bengal fans thought that Center was worse that Niswanger, probably just competition to attempt to make Niswanger better.
I hear that.

I'm just saying from the teams point of view I can understand their thinking be it right or wrong.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The team will release running back Dantrell Savage and wide receiver Devard Darling Wednesday, according to Josh Looney of the team's website.