Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-02-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Washington passes on Harper and takes a cheaper player since they went out and got Strasburg last year. Then hopefully the Pirates aren't willing to give him the money he's going to be asking for, so that he's available at #3 to the O's, I'd love to have another young blue chip hitting prospect to go with Wieters, Markakis, Jones, and crew.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I hope Washington passes on Harper and takes a cheaper player since they went out and got Strasburg last year. Then hopefully the Pirates aren't willing to give him the money he's going to be asking for, so that he's available at #3 to the O's, I'd love to have another young blue chip hitting prospect to go with Wieters, Markakis, Jones, and crew.
I honestly see this happening.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Why am I not surprised a Dodger fan jumped the gun and started this thread. Just kidding KCJ.

And I'm making Brodeur an honorary Giants fan because of his solid understanding of the Giants front office.
Too bad the Giants are an NL team because my love for Kung Fu knows no bounds.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I honestly see this happening.
Hence, how broken the system is. The draft is there, so that teams at the bottom can catch up to teams at the top by having dibs on the best young talent. But that doesn't happen in baseball all the time.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Nationals to be relevant so I'm rooting for a Harper-Strasburg core. If they don't get Harper because of financial reasons (I don't see any other reason), I will be very dissapointed.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Too bad the Giants are an NL team because my love for Kung Fu knows no bounds.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mets baseball on TV!!! I get to see Ike Davis and Jason Heyward play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
If you could do the Tigers that'd be sweeeeeet.
1. Casey Crosby
2. Jacob Turner
3. Alex Avila
4. Austin Jackson
5. Scott Sizemore
6. Ryan Strieby
7. Andrew Oliver
8. Robbie Weinhardt
9. Cody Satterwhite
10. Daniel Fields

There, deal with that. Is Daniel Schlereth still eligible? I forgot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He is still eligible.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Pre-Season Orioles Top 10:

1. Brian Matusz
2. Josh Bell
3. Jake Arrieta
4. Zach Britton
5. Brandon Snyder
6. Matthew Hobgood
7. Brandon Erbe
8. Brandon Waring
9. Caleb Joseph
10. Mychal Givens
Old 03-02-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Preseason Pirates top 10:

1) Pedro Alvarez
2) Jose Tabata
3) Brad Lincoln
4) Tony Sanchez
5) Tim Alderson
6) Starling Marte
7) Zachary Von Rosenburg
8) Chase D'Arnaud
9) Rudy Owens
10) Robbie Grossman
Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my personal dbacks top 10

1. Jarrod Parker RHP
2. Bobby Borchering 3b
3. AJ Pollock OF
4. Ryan Wheeler 1b
5. Brandon Allen 1b
6. Mike Belfiore LHP
7. Leyson Septimo LHP
8. Marc Krauss OF
9. Chris Owings SS
10. Wade Miley LHP
Old 03-02-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

DBacks and Justin Upton on the verge of agreeing to a 50 million contract extention.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
DBacks and Justin Upton on the verge of agreeing to a 50 million contract extention.
how many years? 5 or 6?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
how many years? 5 or 6?
6. Good deal.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how many years? 5 or 6?
Six, so a bargain for the D'Backs.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-02-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
1. Casey Crosby
2. Jacob Turner
3. Alex Avila
4. Austin Jackson
5. Scott Sizemore
6. Ryan Strieby
7. Andrew Oliver
8. Robbie Weinhardt
9. Cody Satterwhite
10. Daniel Fields

Nice list Brodeur. I really like Wilkin Ramirez but he's probably not top ten right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodeur, Schlereth is still eligible.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Mets Top 10

1. Jenrry Mejia
2. Fernando Martinez
3. Ike Davis
4. Wilmer Flores
5. Jon Niese
6. Brad Holt
7. Reese Havens
8. Josh Thole
9. Jeurys Familia
10. Kirk Nieuwenhuis

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Brodeur, Schlereth is still eligible.
Ah whatever, he goes in at 8 and pushes Satterwhite out.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-02-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Los Angeles Dodgers Top Ten:

1. Devaris (Dee) Gordon SS
2. Chris Withrow RHP
3. Ethan Martin RHP
4. Josh Lindblom RHP
5. Aaron Miller LHP
6. Garrett Gould RHP
7. Trayvon Robinson OF
8. Allen Webster RHP
9. Kyle Russell OF
10. Ivan DeJesus Jr. SS

Scott Elbert would be on this list but I'm not 100& sure if he's elligible
KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Elbert is eligible. Only 26 IP in the majors.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Justin Upton and the Diamondbacks finalized a six-year deal that will pay the outfielder just over $50MM. The extension, which the club is expected to announce tomorrow, begins with the 2010 season and runs through 2015
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...year-deal.html

:D
Old 03-02-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wow. I think it is a little bit early to do that but whatever. This new contract means Upton is guaranteed to be with Dback for next 4 years beginning this year.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
wow. I think it is a little bit early to do that but whatever. This new contract means Upton is guaranteed to be with Dback for next 4 years beginning this year.
No it's not and it's 4 years does not equal six. Not every contract can be an absurd Evan Longoria deal.

RIP TheManInBlack