Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 02-19-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Joecool
Rookie

Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool
Default A Denver 2010 Scenario

Pick #1 1 overall Ndamukong Suh DT

Pick #2 10 overall Sam Bradford QB

Pick #3 45 overall Brandon Spikes ILB

Pick #4 81 overall Dexter McCluster RB

Pick #5 90 overall Myron Rolle S

Pick #6 115 overall Danario Alexander WR

Pick #7 186 overall Dekoda Watson OLB

Pick #8 224 overall Carlton Mitchell WR

Trade Tony Scheffler, Kenny McKinley, and Tom Brandstater to Arizona Cardinals for Anquan Boldin and 90th pick.

Trade 2011 FRP, SRP, and Brandon Stokley to St Louis for the 1st overall pick

Resign Brandon Marshall, Kyle Orton, Dumervil, Ty Law, Matt Prater, and Kuper to 3 or 4 year deals.

Final Roster for 2010-2011

Quarterbacks
Kyle Orton QB
Sam Bradford QB

Running Backs
Knowshon Moreno RB
Correll Buckhalter RB
Dexter McCluster RB
Spencer Larsen FB
Peyton Hillis FB

Wide Receivers
Eddie Royal WR
Jabar Gaffney WR
Brandon Marshall WR
Anquan Boldin WR
Danario Alexander WR
Carlton Mitchell WR

Tight Ends
Daniel Graham TE
Marquez Branson TE
Richard Quinn TE

Offensive Linemen
Ryan Clady T
Ryan Harris T
Seth Olsen G
Casey Wiegmann C
Chris Kuper G
Mitch Erickson G
Tyler Polumbus T
D'Anthony Batiste T

Defensive Linemen
Marcus Thomas NT
Ndamukong Suh DE
Ronald Fields NT
J'Vonne Parker NT
Baraka Atkins DE
Jarvis Moss DE
Ryan McBean DE
Kenny Peterson DE

Linebackers
Robert Ayers OLB
Elvis Dumervil OLB
Mario Haggan OLB
Andra Davis ILB
D. J. Williams ILB
Dekoda Watson OLB
Brandon Spikes ILB
Wesley Woodyard ILB
Braxton Kelley ILB

Defensive Backs
Champ Bailey CB
André Goodman CB
Ty Law CB
Alphonso Smith CB
Brian Dawkins FS
Darcel McBath FS
Myron Rolle SS
David Bruton SS

Special Teams
Lonie Paxton LS
Britton Colquitt P
Matt Prater K

Any chance this could happen or any other things that u think could be better?
Joecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wow this is funny

"Trade Tony Scheffler, Kenny McKinley, and Tom Brandstater to Arizona Cardinals for Anquan Boldin and 90th pick.

Trade 2011 FRP, SRP, and Brandon Stokley to St Louis for the 1st overall pick "
KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Joecool
Rookie

Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wow this is funny

"Trade Tony Scheffler, Kenny McKinley, and Tom Brandstater to Arizona Cardinals for Anquan Boldin and 90th pick.

Trade 2011 FRP, SRP, and Brandon Stokley to St Louis for the 1st overall pick "
Yeah it wont happen but it should.
Joecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sounds a lot like a Madden-esque "take the big name player and trade for the top 3 picks in the draft" pipe dream of a fifteen year old.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A more realistic scenario, and one that provides us with some versatility.

1) Rolando McClain- Alabama ILB- Not really any explanation needed.

2) Rodger Saffold- Indiana OT/OG- Very good pass blocker, probably a reach in some peoples eyes but I think we will all notice that in the upcoming days, he will start to climb even more, and by draft day he will be a lock in the early-mid 2nd mocks.

3) D'Anthony Smith- DE- Louisiana Tech- Yes, I see A LOT of potential in this guy, and think he's worth a shot if we were to trade down to the late 2nd or acquire a 3B pick. McDaniels has a tendency of drafting DE's in the 250 LB range and converting them to OLB's. (See Justin Rogers, Abraham Wright) With this and all the news of us trying to beef up on the o and d lines, I don't think you'll see us go for an end under 270 LBS. Smith was a college DT, but note that McDaniels also has a habit of taking 280+ LB DT's and coverting them to DE's as well. Smith would be an ideal fit in our scheme at DE. He has the athleticism. If we are going to pull the trigger on him here, he needs to work out for us privately, as he did not perform at the combine.

4) Mitch Petrus OG Arkansas- I like this guy, and I think he presents good value in the 4th round, as opposed to the late 3rd. I honestly just googled some more info on him and just discovered he put up 45 reps at the combine. I had zero clue. Nice bonus I suppose. Could be gone before.

5) Armanti Edwards- WR (QB?)- App State- This guy is special, I know he doesn't have a real position but McDaniels loves himself a guy who is versatile and who can flat out play.

6) Emmanuel Sanders- WR- SMU

7) Van Eskridge- DB- East Carolina

Very mundane draft, not very sexy, but it covers our needs.

Last edited by Jimmy : 03-03-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McClain is very sexy :)

On another note, I am a big David Bruton fan, how did he do this year? Did he actually play? Any information would be appreciated.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
McClain is very sexy :)

On another note, I am a big David Bruton fan, how did he do this year? Did he actually play? Any information would be appreciated.
I think he had a few tackles here and there, I remember later in the season he picked it up in one particular game. I really see him as a standout special teams contributor (keith burns esque career) and a very solid backup safety a year from now.

Last edited by Jimmy : 03-03-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I think he had a few tackles here and there, I remember later in the season he picked it up in one particular game. I really see him as a standout special teams contributor (keith burns esque career) and a very solid backup safety a year from now.
I agree - Bruton looked great on special teams and contributed a bit late in the season on defense.

Overall, we have a number of young safeties who look like they have some potential. McBath is probably the best of the bunch - I really liked his play last year. Hopefully the injury he suffered doesn't have any lasting effects.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i would be very happy with this. though, did you just list players in order, or are the numbers round? we don't have a 5.
did not know that. well if armanti is there rd. 6 maybe swap him with sanders.