Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 02-14-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default USC pipeline?

Carroll, now being the new man in town, at least as coach. Do you see any players that played for Pete, at SC, going to seahawks?
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They already have Lofa and Lawrence Jackson for starters. I dont think there is any historical proof that a coach went out of his way to bring in former players, of course USC is a breeding ground for the NFL so i guess that could change.

The thing with having coached SC guys Pete probably knows them better than anyone, my guess is he'd love to have Mays and Griffen and is probably lukewarm on Charles Brown and Damien Williams. They're set at TE in Seattle so McCoy probably wouldnt come into play either way.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Mays is there at 14, it's easy to see him going to the Seahawks. Maybe Brown later on. Other than that, I don't see Carroll going out of his way to draft the guys from USC over superior prospects at other schools.

The place I'd expect the connection to come into play is in the later round prospects/UDFA's. That is where I truly expect him to go out of his way to bring in his own guys.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
They already have Lofa and Lawrence Jackson for starters. I dont think there is any historical proof that a coach went out of his way to bring in former players, of course USC is a breeding ground for the NFL so i guess that could change.

The thing with having coached SC guys Pete probably knows them better than anyone, my guess is he'd love to have Mays and Griffen and is probably lukewarm on Charles Brown and Damien Williams. They're set at TE in Seattle so McCoy probably wouldnt come into play either way.
I think there is plenty of proof of coaches bringing their former players to their new team. From NFL coaches changing teams to NCAA coaches becoming NFL coaches.

Coaches often want to bring in their former players that they trust. Spurrier brought both of his Florida QBs to Washington as a matter of fact. Weurffel and that other guy, I can't remember.

I also don't think that just because there is Tatupu and Lawrence there that that's enough to keep him happy. Do people think that because they think it keeps Carroll "feeling comfy"? I dunno. It's not about Carroll being comfy... It's about having players that understand his expectations and his system that can help spread that around to the other players.

The direct USC pipeline will last 3 more years at most. After that, Carroll loses ties with anyone he ever coached there. He'll always have an inside connection, but it won't be the same.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think there is plenty of proof of coaches bringing their former players to their new team. From NFL coaches changing teams to NCAA coaches becoming NFL coaches.

Coaches often want to bring in their former players that they trust. Spurrier brought both of his Florida QBs to Washington as a matter of fact. Weurffel and that other guy, I can't remember.

I also don't think that just because there is Tatupu and Lawrence there that that's enough to keep him happy. Do people think that because they think it keeps Carroll "feeling comfy"? I dunno. It's not about Carroll being comfy... It's about having players that understand his expectations and his system that can help spread that around to the other players.

The direct USC pipeline will last 3 more years at most. After that, Carroll loses ties with anyone he ever coached there. He'll always have an inside connection, but it won't be the same.
Pete Carroll has already been an NFL head coach, so he should know that drafting inferior prospects because their comfortable with his system is a way to quickly fail. So for someone who thinks that what happened years ago when he tried to coach in the NFL is a fluke, I just don't see him drafting these guys early on over superior prospects. Late rounds it's possible, but not early rounds.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Pete Carroll has already been an NFL head coach, so he should know that drafting inferior prospects because their comfortable with his system is a way to quickly fail. So for someone who thinks that what happened years ago when he tried to coach in the NFL is a fluke, I just don't see him drafting these guys early on over superior prospects. Late rounds it's possible, but not early rounds.
I'm don't think he'll take a USC player in every round if that's what you think.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Saban take any LSU players when he went to the Dolphins?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Perhaps, that was his downfall.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not including SC players, a lot of players are underexposed in the Pac-10. Obviously, a lot of great players coming from SC, but I think it'll all boil down to draft value. He's got a nice inside track on some of the lesser known guys on the SC roster and I doubt he'll be overloooking the player he was throwing double and triple teams against.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He just drafted Travis Daniels in the 4th and that was it. He did take alot of SEC players though.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope he doesnt go after Mays. The guy just screams Darnell Bing part 2 to me, big and fast, big hitter that misses tackles because of it, average in coverage. Bing ended up falling to round 4 and busting out, I dont think Mays will fall out of the 1st round but I do see him being a bust.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I just hope he doesnt go after Mays. The guy just screams Darnell Bing part 2 to me, big and fast, big hitter that misses tackles because of it, average in coverage. Bing ended up falling to round 4 and busting out, I dont think Mays will fall out of the 1st round but I do see him being a bust.
Big differance with Mays and Darnell Bing to me, Bing was a high 4.5 guy and Mays appears to be a burner. Better comparison for Mays is probably Dennis Smith, who played at SC several years back.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Big differance with Mays and Darnell Bing to me, Bing was a high 4.5 guy and Mays appears to be a burner. Better comparison for Mays is probably Dennis Smith, who played at SC several years back.

If I recall correctly, Bing was supposed to be really fast and athletic, but ended up running a 4.55 or something like that at the combine which was a big reason why he fell to the 4th round.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Bing was converted to a linebacker by Art Shell. Raiders simply did not see enough, and was there only one season.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about clausen at 6? pete didn't actually get him to USC but he recruited him since he was 13 years old and in 9th grade. Clausen was the one that got away...
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote