Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-31-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Hamlin

I went back and watched some 2009 Combine footage and Michael Hamlin grabbed my attention!

What do the Cowboys think of him? He has the size and speed to be a playmaker for us.

Anyone have any insight????
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Special teamer who might get playing time if an injury occurs. Be a similar player as Pat Watkins from the looks of it...with how we are handling him.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll get a chance to prove he can be a starter. I like him at SS though. I like his upside and could push Sensy (if we resign him).
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
misterk

We always seem to wait for an injury before we ever find out if a guy is good or not. I dont know why we do this, when other teams just simply play the guy. I dunno. Look how slow we were with Felix, Tashard,Folk, Miles, Olgetree. C'mon, with the exception of a Offensive lineman(who do not sub in/out) these guys need to be out there in some capacity during games. We have no Idea what McQuistan can do. Mike Hamlin,etc. Why do we seem to be one of the few teams who dont play rookies much?
Old 02-26-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterk View Post
We always seem to wait for an injury before we ever find out if a guy is good or not. I dont know why we do this, when other teams just simply play the guy. I dunno. Look how slow we were with Felix, Tashard,Folk, Miles, Olgetree. C'mon, with the exception of a Offensive lineman(who do not sub in/out) these guys need to be out there in some capacity during games. We have no Idea what McQuistan can do. Mike Hamlin,etc. Why do we seem to be one of the few teams who dont play rookies much?
My guess is that they are not quite ready to receive the playing time.

For example, two pre-season's ago, we saw Miles dominate, until he hurt his knee a little. It took him most of that year to recover and progress to where is was able to have a successful off-season, and he had a great year.

Olgetree had most attempts this year than either Miles or Crayton had during their developing years. And when I say attempts, I mean they went to him in big situations when they actually went to him. Screen play by the goalline, a third and long down the field.

The difficulty the Cowboys have playing rookies, is that most of the starters we have are simple too good to play a rookie ahead of them. We have a pretty solid team overall. There are spots we need to upgrade, but it would have to be some serious talent for someone to walk in as a rookie and take over a starting spot. Maybe certain guys will get some role playing moments throughout the year, but without injury, most of our rookies aren't quite ready to go their first season.

Just my thoughts...
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safety is a difficult position for a rookie to play. With the number of good QBs in this league, a safety these days needs to be a smart player so I think it takes a bit longer for a safety to get a comfort level.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterk View Post
What sense does it make to start throwing out unproven players? What other teams do you know of that just throw out guys out of nowhere without having a chance for injuries for them to get a shot?

What has Hamlin done to prove he should be starting for us? Or McQuistan? You can't afford to just throw guys in the starting line-up and "hope" their ready.

Matt Moore was by far the better QB then Delhomme but only got a shot when injury occured, why did they wait so long and lose so many games? Why did the Pats wait for Bledsoe to get hurt before playing Tom Brady? Why did the Browns wait for them to have an injury to literally every RB on the roster before giving Jerome Harrison a shot?

I could go on with scenarios like that all day long, it's not just us. There isn't one team that just throws guys out unproven consistently into the fire and just hope for the best. That's the way the NFL works, you need an injury more times then not to show what your capable of. You don't just get a shot because you were drafted because this isn't Pop Warner and everyone doesn't play because you signed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote