Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default This or That

Start with two players. Next poster responds with which player he would draft and leaves two more players for the next person. Try to explain your pick. Tell us what you like about that player or how he is a better fit for the Skins. The players dont have to be the same position. This will be a fun way to get peoples thoughts on certain players and their value.

Ill start

Say the Skins trade for a late 2nd/early 3rd...Hardesty or Ben Tate?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are both two excellent backs and excellent fits for us, but I have to go Hardesty. I just love the kid. I would give him serious consideration with our actual 2nd rounder depending on who's on the board.

Here's a tough one, God forbid it happens but fck we are the Skins so,

Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow in the 2nd round? Sounds crazy, but I've seen crazier from this team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would honestly go with Tebow over McCoy but I would be devastated with either selection. I know what you mean though that obviously anything could happen. I dont think either are worth selections that high and both will likely require 2-3 years before they would be ready to play at the nfl level but at least with Tebow he has the versatility if things dont work out to be an HBack or something. I dunno. I just dont think McCoy offers anything that Brennan doesnt have. i know id much rather jarrett brown a round or two later though over either.

Pouncey or Vlad at the top of rd 2?

Last edited by DiG : 03-02-2010 at 02:14 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Looks like casey Rabach has rejected the skins offer and is about to hit free agency(In a cap free year what is going on?).

With that in mind i'd take Pouncey who i think played left guard last year and Center the year before.Shanahan went to watch Florida last off-season if im not mistaken.
Close call though because Ducasse has the work habits to become a very good nfl player if given time (deffo Guard,maybe Right Tackle) but he is not one of the fastest linemen out there.

If we take an O-Lineman in round 1

What about Linebackers Spikes (ILB)versus Norwood(OLB/D.E.) and how they could fit on the redskins team.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Id rather Spikes over Norwood. With Fletcher due to retire in the near future we will need a replacement for him anyhow.

You have to pick a QB at #4 and you are staring at Clausen and Bradford.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
Id rather Spikes over Norwood. With Fletcher due to retire in the near future we will need a replacement for him anyhow.

You have to pick a QB at #4 and you are staring at Clausen and Bradford.
Bradford. I think he fits the offense better and although I think Clausen has some skill I can't root for this guy.

The Redskins just tendered Jason Campbell at only a first round pick. The Vikings sign him, we don't match and get the 30th pick.

Dan Williams and Golden Tate(somehow) are still there, your selection?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

id LOVE dan williams. hed be a beast NT for us in our switch to the 3-4 and let us slide haynesworth over to full time de. if wr was the route id much rather try to go after brandon marshall with the 30th pick than draft another young unproven wr.

okung or berry at 4 if both are on the board?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Berry all the way. Im not sold on Okung at all at #4 he isnt worth it to me. He is not a sure stud tackle like Chris Samuels and Joe Thomas were. Haslett wants an attacking turnover machine defense then Berry will be golden for him.

We need another LB since we are switching to the 3-4. Peppers or Dansby?

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:34 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

"Peppers or Dansby?"-Why would we DRAFT either of these guys.

If Okung was as good as Samuels/Thomas/Long or Pace then he wouldn't be at pick 4.
Looking at the current line-up of the Skins i'd take Okung ten times out of ten.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is if we trade down to around 10 and say go BPA:
C.J. Spiller or Dez Bryant?

Old 03-04-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

man tough call but give me spiller. i love his versatility and what he brings to the return game. we could get him enough touches running, catching, and returning kicks and punts where he would have a much bigger immediate impact.

with carlos rogers recent whining...perrish cox, kareem jackson, or mccourtey at the top of rd 2?
Old 03-13-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
man tough call but give me spiller. i love his versatility and what he brings to the return game. we could get him enough touches running, catching, and returning kicks and punts where he would have a much bigger immediate impact.

with carlos rogers recent whining...perrish cox, kareem jackson, or mccourtey at the top of rd 2?
I think Cox is the most intriguing but with his past and his style being somewhat similar to Hall's I would go with McCourtey. Honestly I hope we don't look at CB with this pick unless we acquire 2 in the 2nd.

1-Suh 2-Okung 3-McCoy

4-Bradford, Clausen or Berry?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
4-Bradford, Clausen or Berry?
i hate the idea of waiting till the 2nd for an OT. its simply too big of a concern and theres no way of knowing that a decent OT will be available at the top of the 2nd for us. id do everything possible to try and trade down in that scenario and try to take bulaga a few spots later.

4th round.

thad gibson or justin cole?
Old 03-14-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

4TH Round
thad gibson or justin cole?

Haven't seen either of them play but on a couple of sites cole is ranked way lower than gibson- in the 7th round /undrafted range.
So i'd go with gibson.

Now, suppose if bradford and okung are gone and the skins and denver swap first rounders in a deal to get w.r. brandon marshall............

At pick 11; Tackles Davis v. trent Williams?
OR Corner Haden v. I.LB. rolando McClain?

Some interesting possibilities in the 11-20 range(de/olb graham-compared to pittsburgh's woodley and dt/nt dan williams).
Old 03-14-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'd rather Trent Williams than Davis this is assuming Bulaga is gone right. Hell I'd rather Bruce Campbell as I really think Shanny could mold him. I think people are overatting Bruce's stock a bit. I still think he's a mid-late first rounder if Oakland doesn't reach on him.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
At pick 11; Tackles Davis v. trent Williams?
OR Corner Haden v. I.LB. rolando McClain?
since strip answered and didnt leave a new one ill respond to the second part of your list and say mcclain over haden. mclain would make a stud thumper inside for the next 10 years alongside orakpo. we could work him in this year at several different positions and prepare him to take over long term for lfb.

late rd rb assuming james starks is gone: lonyae miller, andre anderson, or curtis steele?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:43 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

Late round RB.....
lonyae miller,no much tread on the tires but nothing much as a receiving threat or a decent blocker.I'd only take him undrafted.
Andre Anderson,thats who id take,decent running yards but caught 30 passes out of the backfield.Fully healed hopefully.
Curtis Steele,the best running back we've never heard of?
A quick shifty runner,impressive yardage,if he was a special teams demon then i'd want him but otherwise take him undrafted.

4th Round Tackle prospects;
Right Tackle kyle Calloway v. probably Right Tackle jason Fox(miami) v. Left Tackle tony Washington(abilene christian)?
Old 03-17-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd take tony washington just cause of the potential that lies with him

1st/2nd round

okung/tebow
or
bradford(or clausen)/2nd round tackle (charles brown, campbell.. whoever drops if that)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote