Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-03-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The team will release running back Dantrell Savage and wide receiver Devard Darling Wednesday, according to Josh Looney of the team's website.
If true, thats a little unfortunate about Savage. He's the kind of guy you hope is a success story, but I just think he is too small and not fast enough, just doesn't have that athletic oomph that would allow him to be a productive player in the League. Hope he got that degree from Oklahoma State.

Bye bye Darling.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
If true, thats a little unfortunate about Savage. He's the kind of guy you hope is a success story, but I just think he is too small and not fast enough, just doesn't have that athletic oomph that would allow him to be a productive player in the League. Hope he got that degree from Oklahoma State.
That is from the Chiefs official site so pretty sure its true. :)

I like Savage as well but didn't see how he fit.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bye bye Darling.
Haha, yeah, that's kind of how I felt. Sucks to see Savage go, see ya Devard Darling.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a benefit for the Chiefs by waiting so long to tender these players? I would have thought with a couple of them, as you guys have mentioned, DJ, Page and O'Cally would have gotten offers by now.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There is no $$ incentive in late tenders, it's just the way the Pioli administration does business. As for Savage, I had hoped that he could be a Darren Sproles-type of back, but he didn't seem quick enough, and he has questionable hands. Devard Darling? As they say in old Mexico, AMF!
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bye bye Darling.
I'm glad Savage is finally gone.

I was over-tired of people rooting for the guy. He sucks, and was a waste of a roster spot for what? 3 years?
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm glad Savage is finally gone.

I was over-tired of people rooting for the guy. He sucks, and was a waste of a roster spot for what? 3 years?
That's how I have felt about Jackie Battle.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to Jason La Canfora on NFLTA we are one of the teams interested in CHester Taylor
Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
according to Jason La Canfora on NFLTA we are one of the teams interested in CHester Taylor
I would like this pickup, he doesn't have a lot of miles and is a good pass catcher out of the backfield. Not sure if we would be his first choice though.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I would like this pickup, he doesn't have a lot of miles and is a good pass catcher out of the backfield. Not sure if we would be his first choice though.
Unless the Chiefs offer him a lot of money and he looks at Charles and says, "I'll probably at least get to split carries with you." Playing time and money speak in the league.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Would love it.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Thomas Jones? At his age, I think he would be cheaper and more ok with having Charles be the feature back. Would Chester Taylor want to come into another team where he would have to play 2nd fiddle?
Old 03-04-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
What about Thomas Jones? At his age, I think he would be cheaper and more ok with having Charles be the feature back. Would Chester Taylor want to come into another team where he would have to play 2nd fiddle?
TJ is the better player dude put up 1400 yards last season I find it hard to believe he would be more willing to play 2nd fiddle then Taylor who has made a living playing that role.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys can have TJ, but don't you touch my Chester.

Chester Taylor is the one RA I really want in NE.

Then trade a 2nd for Olsen. :D

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys get all the FA RBs you want! We get this one, jerk!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
TJ is the better player dude put up 1400 yards last season I find it hard to believe he would be more willing to play 2nd fiddle then Taylor who has made a living playing that role.
I heard on ESPNRadio (take that for what it's worth) this morning that he knows his time as a feature back is over. That's why he wasn't willing to renegotiate his contract with the Jets. Along with that comes a lower pay scale. Supposedly, this is from his agent. If, and it's a BIG IF, he was willing to be a goalline/short yardage/back up to Charles, I think he would be a great fit. His experience alone could help Charles in ways on and off the field. This would allow the Chiefs to use their precious draft picks on other issues for a few more seasons
Old 03-04-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Not that any of us care one way or the other, but Vrabel will return in 2010

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-the-chiefs/

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 03-04-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
Not that any of us care one way or the other, but Vrabel will return in 2010

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-the-chiefs/
I like Vrabel's moxie, but I thought that the Chiefs looked better with Andy Studebaker on the field. He's a big body that can really fly. He seemed to also open it up more for Hali on the other side.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

Chiefs just put a first round tender on RFA Derrick Johnson. Since it doesn't look to be a 1st and a 3rd, he might see some FA action.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

Oh, and it's being reported that Ndukwe, Niswanger and O'Callaghan have 2nd round tenders.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I wouldn't forsee any action on any of those guys. I wouldn't be suprised to hear some trade talk.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
Oh, and it's being reported that Ndukwe, Niswanger and O'Callaghan have 2nd round tenders.
thats true and Derrick Johnson got a 1st round tender of $2.621M

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4965912
Old 03-04-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
Chiefs just put a first round tender on RFA Derrick Johnson. Since it doesn't look to be a 1st and a 3rd, he might see some FA action.
Sorry Mizzou. I scrolled to fast through your post. I wouldn't have posted to.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I could still see the Chiefs trading DJ but not for a first and if not they keep him at a nice price win win.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs tender safety Jared Page at a 2nd round level.