Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

View Poll Results: With the 8th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select...
Anthony Davis : Offensive Tackle : Rutgers 4 12.90%
Bruce Campbell : Offensive Tackle : Maryland 11 35.48%
Trent Williams : Offensive Tackle : Oklahoma 7 22.58%
Jason Pierre-Paul : Defensive End : South Florida 3 9.68%
Everson Griffen : Defensive End : Southern California 0 0%
Brandon Graham : Defensive End : Michigan 0 0%
Brian Price : Defensive Tackle : Los Angeles 0 0%
Taylor Mays : Safety : Southern California 3 9.68%
Eric Berry : Defensive Back : Tennessee 2 6.45%
Joe Haden : Cornerback : Florida 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default With the 8th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select...

Anthony Davis

+
Thought to be one of the best offensive linemen in the draft. Has dominating size and uses it well. Moves pretty well in small spaces and can block a man up the field. Has a great punch when he can actually connect. Has quite a bit of potential. Anchors well most of the time.
-
Has a few character concerns. Doesn't always maintain his balance, making him susceptible to good first moves. Sometimes he loses his wide base in an effort to generate more power. A bit inconsistent at times.

Bruce Campbell

+

A simply astonishing athlete. Great height, good weight, long arms, and amazing agility. One of the best kick-slides I've ever seen in an offensive tackle prospect. Very controlled and smooth in pass protection. Could very well have the highest ceiling of any offensive tackle in this draft.
-
Is vulnerable to inside moves. Doesn't really generate much drive in his run blocking. Has trouble anchoring against a good bull rush. Has a long way to go and is largely a potential player at this point.

Trent Williams

+
A very good athlete. Stout run blocker with the speed and agility to be very effective up the field. Has experience at both tackle spots. Displays a pretty developed sense of the game. Blocks with passion.
-
One could argue that he's a better option at right tackle than at left. Didn't do great at keeping a consistent approach on the left side as a senior. Doesn't have great height or length.

Jason Pierre-Paul

+
Is an incredibly smooth athlete. Long arms that he uses well to get around his man. Was consistently around the quarterback in his college career. Dips his shoulder well and usually pursues well. Has a high ceiling.
-
Doesn't have much of a pass rush game beyond the edge rush. Not very strong. Didn't always do a good job of setting himself up for the sack. Has questionable intelligence and dedication. Has barely started more than half a season of division I football.

Everson Griffen

+
Explosively athletic. Has a variety of effective ways of getting to the quarterback. Very strong for his size and played a variety of roles in college. Has a strong sense of the pass rush game. Had some really dominant games.
-
Had some invisible games too. Doesn't always pursue very well. For all his speed and strength, he had trouble utilizing them against some competition. Hasn't played well enough to warrant being selected in the top 10, but has as much potential as any defensive end in the draft.

Brandon Graham

+
Was wildly productive in college. Gets off the ball really quickly and got around his man more often than any other defensive end in the nation. Tracks the ball extremely well and plays the run quite well for his size. Very strong and a fairly impressive athlete.
-
Although not small, he has a bit of a fire-hydrant build (short arms, short legs, big trunk). Isn't quite the athlete of the previous two defensive ends. Some say he is better suited to playing linebacker in a 34 defense. Doesn't always do great in pursuit.

Brian Price

+
One of the quickest defensive tackles in this draft off the snap. Used his bulk well to get his blocker off balance. Has a strong bull rush and was strong enough to rip past his man. Was one of the most disruptive players in the nation in 2009 (led country in tackles for a loss).
-
Would be a bit of a reach. Price often played out of control and would allow his man to drive him past the quarterback. Would keep Richard Seymour playing more snaps at defensive end. Wasn't inconsistent, but was far from disciplined.

Taylor Mays

+
Very likely one of the best athletes ever at his position. Is a punishing hitter and is stunningly fast for his size. Tracks the ball well in deep zone coverage. Has the ability to be a star in the NFL. Unlike the more contemporary stars at safety in the NFL, Mays is a classic safety and it's easy to slot into Oakland's schematically classic defense.
-
Is poor when asked to man cover alone. Doesn't take great angles in pursuit and rarely wraps up his man. Will miss a kill shot as often as he connects. Sometimes doesn't play terribly smart, but always plays hard. One could argue that drafting him would be a luxury.

Eric Berry

+
One of the most productive college defensive backs in recent memory. Has decent size and great length, plays big, and showed great instincts in college. Plays face up zone coverage really well and was constantly around the ball. Is largely the consensus top DB in the draft.
-
Didn't play a position that exists on Oakland's defense. Would probably be better suited to cornerback on this team, which would be an adjustment. Often freelanced too much and didn't play with much discipline.

Joe Haden

+
Strong cover man with experience both in zone and man. Physical for his size. Smart player who almost always played the ball in college. Good jumper who will swat away his share of passes in the NFL.
-
Very likely not fast enough to be drafted by this team. Is probably better in zone coverage and would have trouble in a man-exclusive scheme without a lot of safety help.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit ... (10)

Last edited by 619 : 03-27-2010 at 02:07 PM.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell, although I like the idea of drafting Williams for the right side and keeping Henderson at left better.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this suppose to be who I think we will draft, or who Id draft? I will do both I guess

I think its coming down to Campbell and possibly Trent Williams. Al knows he needs to protect JaMarcus/Bruce, and with Cornell Green looking like he will be gone, a big need with be at OT. I think this depends on if Al still thinks Mario Henderson can play LT. If he can, I expect Trent Williams, if not I expect Bruce Campbell. Trent may not have the height, but has the athleticism and play on the field that shows he is a good player. Bruce is the classic workout warrior that we tend to draft, even if his play on the field isnt good.

If I could pick who we would draft Id go JPP or an OT(Trent Williams or Anthony Davis). Smartest thing to do IMO though is trade down. We probably will get a 3rd for Morrison, add in another 2nd or 3rd possibly if we trade down and we could add some serious young talent to the team with what 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. Could also use those pick to trade for proven players(Anquan Boldin?)

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Is this suppose to be who I think we will draft, or who Id draft?
It's more up to you I suppose, although I originally intended these sorts of threads to be fans making predictions.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruceeeeee Campbell, I can't project a pick that I would want because I have done that alot as you guys probably have too. He wouldn't be the absolute worst pick, but you like you said he is project.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably go with Davis, we need O-line help and he would appear to be able to come right in and start. I don't think that's who Al will take though. Campbell and JPP are the two workout warriors, so Al probably has a close eye on them. I wouldn't be pissed if we took Campbell, but I wouldn't be thrilled either. He looks like too much of a project right now, I don't like using top 10 picks on projects.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if we draft a O-line it will be Bulaga, because Al likes fat white LTs with short arms like a T-Rex ;-)
Old 03-09-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Al is gonna love Bruce Campbell but I honestly think Trent Williams is a better fit for us.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see Al passing up on Bruce. He is raw and will need some work but common look at this guy:

Al is mesmorized by Campbell, he is Al's ultimate workout warrior.

Last edited by SwagU : 03-09-2010 at 12:41 AM.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

A player that this Raider team needs to have on the roster is all everything LB Sean Weatherspoon!

Versatile LB who can play ALL the LB positions but maybe best suited as a MIKE due to his natural leadership qualities.

The old crazy man will pick either Davis, T Williasms, JPP, or reach for Campbell most likely.

I would love to see then draft Spoon with the #8 and then draft an OT or DT like Lamar Houston in Round 2 then go O-Line with both 3rd Round picks.
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its gotta bother Al that almost everyone in the media has the Raiders taking Campbell. The once unpredictable Al Davis has now become predictable...

not to mention everyone is saying he isn't 1st round talent, its like DHB all over again if this pick goes down.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent. He wasn't the godly freak that Campbell was but he still blew up the combine with incredible numbers. So he fits the "Stopwatch as Scouting Department" cliche and is still a good fit for the team.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

With the #8 pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select.........

WR/KR/SPRINTER.....USAIN BOLT!

LOL!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight01 View Post
With the #8 pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select.........

WR/KR/SPRINTER.....USAIN BOLT!

LOL!
Closest, most realistic metaphor for this draft: CJ SPILLEERRR!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Closest, most realistic metaphor for this draft: CJ SPILLEERRR!

LOL!

Spiller would be a great pick for the Niners actually. He would bring thart dynamic play making ability that is needed and he would compliment Gore perfectly and be his eventual replacement. Picking Spiller would also make for the mistake of not picking Desean Jackson two years ago.

Coffee is not the answer as a backup or replacement RB.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
OaklandRaider56
Rookie

OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.

What is it people like about Trent Williams?

Maybe I'm biased, I absolutely hate OU, but when I watch him I just see a slightly above average college OT. He doesn't do particularly well in any aspect of the game and whenever I saw him he got easily confused by blitzes, Williams' displayed a poor initial punch to go along with mediocre footwork. I can't see him being anything more than an average RT.
OaklandRaider56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After reading what Tom Cable said about Barnes Starting at RT I just got this feeling like we wont be picking a OL until day 3 of the draft.I think there contempt with Henderson at LT and more then willing to let Barnes start at RT

Haden won't be the pick cause they woulnd't have tender Routt with a first and third for him to be the number 4 CB

Erc berry wont because you can only play 2 Safety's

I love Morgan be lets be real he is just not a raider player which is sad.

JPP could be it if he is there but that wont happen.

Deep down in my gut I feel Spiller will be the pick

Last edited by _YL_ : 03-23-2010 at 05:53 PM.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spiller is completely out of hand, Bush and DMAC will battle for that spot or just be a great tandem. We need OL and I'm fine with having Barnes at RT but not Henderson at LT.

Dream:
1: Bulaga
2: Pouncey
3: Cam Thomas
3: Next best CB - that guy whos name is as much trouble to say as Aso
Go Amare.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We only have one 3rd. Cam Thomas is looking to be a 2nd round pick right now. Pouney falling to 40 is unlikely.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Ha do we have 2 4ths? and yes thats why it is a dream
Go Amare.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

I would rather have Anthony Davis ahead of T Williams.

Davis is more the Michael Oher type IMO. Same size, style strength, and same tough nasty attitude, and can play LT or RT.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:12 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

is it just me or the more we come to the draft i get the impression that we will draft LT Bulaga at 8th. he is a nasty O-liner what Al allways loves. so im pretty conviced that it wont be Campbell because he isnt a finisher.

and look at this video from nfl.com "path to draft" what Bulagas father is wearing:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...t-Brian-Bulaga
a oakland raiders t-shirt, so Bulaga is maybe a raiders fan!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bulaga's also wearing a Raiders jersey over pads, most likely suggesting that his pee-wee team was called the Raiders and used the same logo. At any rate, I don't think it's indicative of anything.

Not that I wouldn't like Bulaga.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 04-04-2010 at 04:16 AM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:52 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

but would be a nasty left side with Bulaga as LT and Gallery as LG ;-)