Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's worth noting that the only people that have a problem with it are Bills fans, who apparently are the only reasonable people on this entire board.

Oh and Jason Peters is the next Orlando Pace if you haven't heard that one yet.
allright buddy you cans ay what you want...but im beginning to question all these peoples fotoball knowledge. You think that a guy who ran for 990 yards and 6 td's in what 13-14 games is a premiere RB in the league? that is INSANE! this guy is barely worth a 3rd round pick right now...and hes knee is fine which has not given him any troubles at all since he became a starter... he just has an ego that is too big for him...i odnt know what all of you guys think about this situation, but maybe because im a Bills fan and Patriots fan and they both play with class, that i respect guys who shut their mouth and play. i guess many of tou arent like that. and the only thing i can say is you cant question what i just said cuz the PAts have been at or near the top of the league since 2001.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't understand why you're ******** your pants about what John Clayton thinks. Who cares? Hell I don't even see why it deserves it's own thread when there is already one quite similar to this. If you want to piss about how nobody is respecting the Bills do it in a team thread where people won't tell you how much they suck.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

it goes beyond what John Clayton has to say...it really seems that only Bills fans see the REAL Willis MCgahee. We experienced him first hand and watched him every sunday, and saw that he is not a top notch RB. And trust me, MArv Levy knows what hes doing (dont give me anything about not winning any SB's, cuz he was still 2nd in he league 4 years in a row...show one who has been to 4 SB's.) The Bills got rid of a guy who was not producing and ran off at the mouth. he should not be anywhere near the likes of LJ, LT Shaun Alexander, Willie Parker, Tiki Barber (although hes reitirng), Frank Gore, Steven Jackson etc...
Old 03-09-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, even I'm getting tired of these out of place Bills threads.
But that doesn't give anybody the right to commit heresy against Jason Peters
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
it goes beyond what John Clayton has to say...it really seems that only Bills fans see the REAL Willis MCgahee. We experienced him first hand and watched him every sunday, and saw that he is not a top notch RB. And trust me, MArv Levy knows what hes doing (dont give me anything about not winning any SB's, cuz he was still 2nd in he league 4 years in a row...show one who has been to 4 SB's.) The Bills got rid of a guy who was not producing and ran off at the mouth. he should not be anywhere near the likes of LJ, LT Shaun Alexander, Willie Parker, Tiki Barber (although hes reitirng), Frank Gore, Steven Jackson etc...
I think the loss of Clements is much bigger than McGahee, who I agree isn't special at all.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

well i agree with you that the loss of Clements was much greater than Mcgahee, but i still think hes a pretty good corner, maybe not 80 million good, but hes solid.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else ever notice how much of a gigantic Pats homer Michael Smith is?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... I think everyone still sees the pre-injury Miami(FL) Willis McGahee, because the RB For the Bills was nothing special. Jamal Lewis was a more difficult runner to defend.

Look at it this way. They didn't lose a great RB. Because Frankly the AFC Norths defenses > AFC East.

Willis won't do anything special..

Also, don't forget, The Ravens Lost Pashos, and Ogden is set to retire in a year or two, Keydrick Vincent is garbage.

Don't be surprised to have a mediocre RB in baltimore next year. They should have just started Mike Anderson.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills_red View Post
"amazing RB".....lol
So 3.8 a carry get you an "amazing RB" these days

Which is what I used to say when Eddie George was called a "Great RB"
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:51 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biggest Winner: Chicago Bears

Biggest Loser: Green Bay Packers

Pretty clear to me. Bears rule, Packers drool!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Biggest Winner: Chicago Bears

Biggest Loser: Green Bay Packers

Pretty clear to me. Bears rule, Packers drool!

Explain to me how the Bears won please. Briggs is going to hold out and they lost their top RB for peanuts.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:37 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

ESPN is a joke, why do you guys care so much?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:37 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Anyone else ever notice how much of a gigantic Pats homer Michael Smith is?
Not really.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
ESPN is a joke, why do you guys care so much?
why do you make it sound like you know more than ESPN?
Old 03-10-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Explain to me how the Bears won please. Briggs is going to hold out and they lost their top RB for peanuts.
Hahaha.....

Wow. Not one to pick up sarcasm are ya?

And they got more for Jones than the Bills got for McGahee. Moving up into the top of the 2nd is only peanuts if you don't understand the draft.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Hahaha.....

Wow. Not one to pick up sarcasm are ya?

And they got more for Jones than the Bills got for McGahee. Moving up into the top of the 2nd is only peanuts if you don't understand the draft.
They got more peanuts than the Bills got, yes, I was saying this yesterday. But they still only got a 3rd round pick value for a top level RB.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills lost a solid starter in Fletcher, a top 15 corner in Clements, and an above-average RB in McGahee. But they have also finally decided to make vast changes to their offensive line, which should really help. I think if this team can draft Marshawn Lynch in the 1st round he should put up some big numbers, and then go with a linebacker or a guy like Eric Wright in the 2nd they should be set, not to mention the other 3rd round draft pick they recieved. I feel all in all, this team won't even regress much going into next season, I expect something like a 7-9 record from them.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
G-Starr
Rookie

G-Starr hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with this. Pats are winning the SB next year and Bills lost Clements and McGahee.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd say the Broncos' FA acquisitions are on par with the Patriots....they've significantly upgraded at RB and TE, and Dre Bly fills the void left by the loss of Darrent Williams. (And if Bly ends up getting traded again, it will significantly upgrade the Broncos' draft status....either way, they win.)

The Bills' losses have been significant, but I believe the Titans might actually have it worse.

So far, Tennessee has lost their top RB and their two top WR's; these three players (Travis Henry, Drew Bennett, Bobby Wade) accounted for half of the team's offensive output in 2006....as much as the rest of the team combined.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
So far, Tennessee has lost their top RB and their two top WR's; these three players (Travis Henry, Drew Bennett, Bobby Wade) accounted for half of the team's offensive output in 2006....as much as the rest of the team combined.
Worse; they lost Chris Brown as well. Leaving an unproven back as the sole ball-carrier. They also are forced into hoping David Givens and Ben Troupe come back from their injuries and produce. I like the O-Line, I like Vince Young. Other than that I am very concerned that last year's run was a fluke. They are seriously lacking talent, and have a lot of question marks on both side of the ball. Titans fans, beware! If Vince Young doesn't improve statistically, you'll find out what I have lived with.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No offense, but signing Langston Walker at all, much less for 25 mil over 5 years, automatically requires you be given the title of worst offseason.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
The Bills lost a solid starter in Fletcher, a top 15 corner in Clements, and an above-average RB in McGahee. But they have also finally decided to make vast changes to their offensive line, which should really help. I think if this team can draft Marshawn Lynch in the 1st round he should put up some big numbers, and then go with a linebacker or a guy like Eric Wright in the 2nd they should be set, not to mention the other 3rd round draft pick they recieved. I feel all in all, this team won't even regress much going into next season, I expect something like a 7-9 record from them.
i ask you guys this...if you consider Willis Mcgahee and above average back...do you also consider these guys as an above average back?

1. Ladell Betts
2. Jamal Lewis
3. Warrick Dunn
4. Julius Jones
5. Ahman Green
6. Ronnie Brown

They rushed for more than Willis did. Mcgahee is no where near an above average back. To me, above average includes players like LJ, LT, Steve Jackson, Frank Gore and Willie Parker. No way does Willis fit in the same line as these guys.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Willis McGahee is an elite back, and could be a pro-bowler. When you playing with the Bills o-line, and there passing game, it is pretty hard to look very good.

You think if ladainian tomlinson didn't have san diego's o-line and antonio gates taking pressure off of him he would have broke the TD record? not even close. I bet 1 million bucks if he were on ANY OTHER TEAM in the NFL, he wouldn't have broke it. Dielman and McNeil made is so much easier. I am not saying LT isn't a great back and the best in the NFL, because he is, it is just with his o-line it is pretty easy.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots were big winners and yes the Bills did improve their O-line but they have some big holes now

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
They got more peanuts than the Bills got, yes, I was saying this yesterday. But they still only got a 3rd round pick value for a top level RB.
Jones is also 28 years old and the Bears have another RB that can start in the league. They traded away an unneeded piece, the Bills traded away McGahee without another starting RB,

Also Billingsley you are reaching so far it's ridiculous. Those guys you listed (for the most part) are very good backs. LT and LJ are average? Seriously, just stop.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote