Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-07-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Baltimore Ravens Discussion

Discuss the Baltimore Ravens... I'll start with this little theory -

I'm sure all of you by now, know that Anquan Boldin is a Raven and Ozzie & Co. gave up a 3rd and 4th to get him.

With that being said, we all know how much DeCosta and Newsome love their draft picks and I know it must be killing them to not have a 3rd and 4th in such a DEEP DEEP draft class, so here's what I think they should do -

Now that we filled our biggest, most glaring need(WR) it allows us to go BPA, but say that nobody left at 25 is appealing to the Ravens, what if they were to trade down into the early to mid second round picks and acquire a 3rd or 4th in the process? I'd love for them to do that.

Like most of the Raven fans here, I'm pretty high on Demaryius Thomas, but I don't think he's worth the #25th overall, but if we were to trade down, and get a 3rd or 4th I think it would be a great move for the Ravens, get back some of the picks they lost and STILL get a WR with loads of potential.

I think a trade down is definitely a possibility this year, since we have so few picks, look out for it on draft day and don't rule it out.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive a feeling that some of the RFAs will be moved for mid round picks. I can see Dawan Landry being sent to Seattle for a 3rd, as discussed before.

Personally, Im of the mind that the team isnt deep enough to be passing up a premier talent at 25, but I wouldnt be shocked to see us trade back. Id rather see us use the pick on someone though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rotoworld said Jared Gaither might be able to be had for less than a 1st, would you think they'd take pick 41 for him? or would you take #9 for him and pick 25? thx.

Last edited by redbills : 03-07-2010 at 02:31 PM.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id be very upset to see Gaither go, but we are more then capable of replacing him. Oher arguably outplayed him on the left side this year, and we know Yanda can kick out to RT and play consistently there. That said, it isnt ideal, and if we do move Gaither, I would absolutely want a first back for him, as hes better then any OT prospect in this class.

If we were able to get 9 for Gaither and 25, I think we would have to consider it. There is a chance Dez Bryant would be there, and adding Dez and Q in the same offseason could really do some damage. Perhaps even Haden would be an option there, or god forbid Eric Berry. Berry and Reed in the same secondary would be deadly.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think Gaither is going anywhere this off-season, and definitely not for anything less than a first. We aren't in a position to replace Oher on the right side if he's gone. Yanda can play RT, but he's pretty slow-footed for the position and he is far better off inside at guard. Same with Cousins, but he probably just plain sucks. I could see us considering a high-ish first round pick, but probably not just a swap. Not worth it IMO, not at all.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the 49er's and Seahawks are both interested in Jared Gaither and I wouldn't mind giving him up for their first rounders but

Indianapolis and Dallas are also interested, but I'd rather keep Gaither than take their first rounders. They are in the late 20's and I doubt we could find Gaither's replacement.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
the 49er's and Seahawks are both interested in Jared Gaither and I wouldn't mind giving him up for their first rounders but

Indianapolis and Dallas are also interested, but I'd rather keep Gaither than take their first rounders. They are in the late 20's and I doubt we could find Gaither's replacement.
Ummm.....I think he'll do.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:

So that would be what? 6 or 13?

I think if its for pick 6, we should absolutely do it. Thats Dez Bryant or Joe Haden.
Quote:
Old 03-07-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

Currently, were in a perfect position to draft the BPA. I'm mocking Kyle Wilson to the Ravens right now but any of the following guys I would be pleased with.

-Kyle Wilson
-Carlos Dunlap
- Brandon Graham
-Jared Odgrick
-Jermaine Gresham
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bannan signed w/ Broncoes, we gotta get DT depth this draft
Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Yes, but who then plays the right side? In this day and age the passing game is far more important, which leads to teams trying to get very good pass-rushers. There are already two teams in the division that have pretty damn good rushers on both sides of the line, the Bengals and the Steelers. Yanda would not do well full-time on the outside, nor should we put Cousins there (guard or he just sucks). We could take another tackle with the pick we get, but why? Gaither's already young and doesn't need replacing. Pay the man, if you;re good you;ll eventually get a big contract.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Yes, but who then plays the right side? In this day and age the passing game is far more important, which leads to teams trying to get very good pass-rushers. There are already two teams in the division that have pretty damn good rushers on both sides of the line, the Bengals and the Steelers. Yanda would not do well full-time on the outside, nor should we put Cousins there (guard or he just sucks). We could take another tackle with the pick we get, but why? Gaither's already young and doesn't need replacing. Pay the man, if you;re good you;ll eventually get a big contract.
I totally agree about keeping Gaither around but we are exploring the idea of "what if he leaves".

If for some reason Gaither leaves and we get a 1st round pick in exchange, it is not necessarily a pressing need to address the RT hole. with that first round pick. There will be no value for a RT at that spot. Possibly Bruce Campbell but Campbell is a poor-man's Gaither and is a horrendous run blocker who would not be suited on the right-side. Ducasse? Where's the value. The situation just doesn't workout for us to feel that the value is worth taking a RT. You have to consider that if the organization felt comfortable letting Gaither go, then they either then they probably would feel comfortable with OT situation without him.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Where did I say that we would take one? I might have worded it poorly but that's not what I meant. Like you said there isn't really anybody in the first that seems like they could play both sides (and yes if Gaither goes Oher will no doubt be the LT so taking another wouldn't make sense). Trent Williams could do it though. Honestly I'm not sure if we would be interested in a pick in the 10-15 range. There's a few defensive lineman that we might be interested in, but they're mostly defensive ends and I'm not sure if that's what we're looking for. Don't think that Bryant or Haden will be there.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Where did I say that we would take one? I might have worded it poorly but that's not what I meant. Like you said there isn't really anybody in the first that seems like they could play both sides (and yes if Gaither goes Oher will no doubt be the LT so taking another wouldn't make sense). Trent Williams could do it though. Honestly I'm not sure if we would be interested in a pick in the 10-15 range. There's a few defensive lineman that we might be interested in, but they're mostly defensive ends and I'm not sure if that's what we're looking for. Don't think that Bryant or Haden will be there.
Sorry, I was more referencing BmoreBlackByrdz post that I replied with the Michael Oher pic. I know you never said we should take a RT in the late 1st. I was stating that we have Gaither's replacement and finding Oher's replacement is a of a lot lesser value. With that being said, if we were in the 10-15 range, I would certainly be wiling to ake a guy like Anthony Dais and Trent Williams especially with having to face Woodley/Harrison at least twice a year.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

We are forgetting a major piece of the puzzle here. Brandon Marshall, Seattle has 2 first round picks and they are looking at Brandon Marshall as well. If they make a trade its going to be sending one of the 1st rd picks there. I can't see them giving up both picks for Gaither and Marshall when the draft is so deep at both positions?

If we got a #2 for Gaither from Seattle I would be surprised. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to get a TOP 15 pick (either one of Seattle's picks) then we could draft 2 great prospects to come in next year by essentially losing our RT (because we can move Oher to LT easily) I think we could do ourselves better by staying put at #25 and drafting the BPA or moving up at the last minute to dive on the guy that inevitably falls in the 1st much like Oher, Suggs, Reed, Lewis all did when we drafted them.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Sorry, I didn't mean Gaither's replacement, I meant Oher's replacement. I know Yanda can kick out to RT, but that isn't his natural position. I'd much rather us keep Gaither, finding his replacement, or an RT would be too much of a headache.

He's 23 years old 6-9, 330 and only getting better, why not keep him?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is this I hear about Gaither having work ethic issues? I read that on the Baltimore Sun website. I've never heard that about him before.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how. He seems to play hard every game he plays in.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What is this I hear about Gaither having work ethic issues? I read that on the Baltimore Sun website. I've never heard that about him before.
I've never seen questions raised about it before either, but I think he was a tad lazy at Maryland. He might not be "intense," but the guy still plays hard.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

according to Adam Schefter, the Ravens are still attempting to re-sign Derrick Mason.

I think it's a great idea.

and according to Aaron Wilson, Marlin Jackson has Baltimore Ravens headquarters without a deal.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
according to Adam Schefter, the Ravens are still attempting to re-sign Derrick Mason.

I think it's a great idea.

and according to Aaron Wilson, Marlin Jackson has Baltimore Ravens headquarters without a deal.
I agree, I think resigning Mason should be a higher priority. Without him, the Anquan move doesn't make as much of an impact since there still is no other receiver on the roster close to being a legit threat. I think we need to target the d-line in the first round and look for the WR depth in the second. There are lots of speed guys to be had there.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I agree, I think resigning Mason should be a higher priority. Without him, the Anquan move doesn't make as much of an impact since there still is no other receiver on the roster close to being a legit threat. I think we need to target the d-line in the first round and look for the WR depth in the second. There are lots of speed guys to be had there.
I agree completely.

I want the Ravens to also re-sign Dwan Edwards. Denver just signed Jarvis Green, so thats 1 less team interested in him. He left Seattle without an offer and I haven't heard of any other teams interested in him. I think re-signing Edwards and Mason would be two solid moves to close out the first week of FA.

Mason gives us a threat opposite of Boldin and Edwards fills the need at DE, which would also allow us to go BPA in the draft.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bannan signed a 5 year 22 million dollar deal. WTF.

That will probably inflate re-signed Edwards to around that price also
Old 03-10-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Well actually it will lower the price for Edwards because he has gone into Seattle and Denver and left with no contract he is going to come back to us at a discount because obviously they don't feel he can improve their teams much beyond what they have (spinal fusion surgery didn't help that)

I think if we have a shot at a Price or a Pierre in the 1st we should jump on it and take a corner in the 2nd. Or move down into the 2nd all together and pick up a 1st next year and 2nd this year...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

like Brian Price? Im not sure where he would fit on our team. Hes a pure 4-3 UT, he has no place in the 3-4. Im a huge fan of his and I have him as my #3 DT in the draft and a Top 20 selection, Im just not sure where he plays as a Raven in our 3-4 sets. He is not known for taking on blocks and eating up space like a 5 tech should, hes more of a 1 gap penetrator.
Quote: