Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
3-4 OLB is our biggest need, and if Warner retires that jumps up there too, OT, CB, TE are also needs as well as OG and ILB
There are several 3-4 OLBs that should be available in the late 1st round. Jerry Hughes, Brandon Graham to name a few. With the depth and possibility of some of those 3-4 OLBs falling in the 2nd round, I think with the draft history of the Cards they may go another route with the 1st round pick unless the BPA on the board is a 3-4 OLB. The Wells pick was an obvious need, but was it the nubmer 1 need..may be not but the value was astounding.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well we always go BPA, and usually end up with a few steals, hopefully this year BPA is a 3-4 OLB

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just received a text from ESPN saying that Bertrand Berry has announced his retirement.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep.

Bertrand Berry calls it quits
Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

knew it was coming eventually, he had a solid career as a cardinal

Old 01-21-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not entirely unexpected as he had to take a salary cut just to stay with the team this year. Still the guy was a good player and our most effective pass rusher from OLB and I am sad to see him go.

We better come out of this draft with some young linebacking talent.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be weird not seeing Berry back there next year. I always liked him and he seemed like a genuinely good guy. I wish him the best in his life outside of football.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

definitely the type of guy i would like to keep around the practice field or maybe somewhere in the front office

Old 01-23-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, definitely. Seems like he played the game the way it should be played. Always seemed to be having a good time and never complained about playing time. Could see him being some type of defensive coach in the future.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-25-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was surprised to see him call it quits, personally. What is the general consensus? Could he have played a few more years? I haven't heard anything about loss of production or anything.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was surprised to see him call it quits, personally. What is the general consensus? Could he have played a few more years? I haven't heard anything about loss of production or anything.
I think his body was starting to wear. He's had nagging injuries pretty much every year for the past 5 years and combine that with decreasing playing time and I could see why he would retire.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So there are some Joey Porter rumours starting up. I would be all for it, even at 33 he is a better 3-4 OLB than anyone we have had on the roster over the last few years. Also I read a comment from Darren Urban (the writer for Cards official site) that he doesn't think Chike is going to be resigned. So currently we are going into next year with Haggans (33 years old), Davis (6th rounder last year) and Brown (IR) as the only OLBs on the roster.

I think regardless of any offseason signings we should be targeting an edge rusher high in the draft.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona signs ex-CFL LB Baggs to 1-year deal
Old 02-04-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

should deff play 3-4 OLB with us, i know nothing about him though

Old 02-26-2010, 05:18 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I'm curious what's the latest on Rolle and Dansby? How much do they want and where they're rumored to go.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Dansby won't be tagged and Rolle is most likely going to be cut, so either both are gone or will sign extensions

Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Hey guys, I'm curious what's the latest on Rolle and Dansby? How much do they want and where they're rumored to go.
Cards have said they wont tag Dansby again so he is as good as gone. For a contract I guess a good starting point would be Bart Scott's 6 year 48 million contract from last season. The free agent class is weak though and he is going to have so many bidders it's going to cost a pretty penny to secure his services.

On Rolle he is due a 4 million roster bonus next week and then another 8 million salary on top of that (12million total :)) so all signs point to him being let go. The Cards will let him test free agency and will look to match any reasonable offer but most likely he will be out of our price range.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Well it looks like Boldin is gone, 3rd and 4th to the Ravens. Sucks to see him go but it's a good deal for both teams, hopefully Doucet can continue on with his post season form. Looks like Rolle and Dansby are pretty much guaranteed to be elsewhere next season as well.

Some FAs I hope we chase.

FS - Ryan Clark. Steelers connection and he is solid all around player.

OLB - Joey Porter. Steeler connection and he has said he wants to play hear. On the downside of his career but still an upgrade over anything we had last year.

DT - Ma'ake Kemoeatu. Big strong tackle coming off a season ending surgery but I think he could work well as part of our NT rotation.

TE - Ben Watson. Wouldn't mind him if he came cheap.

I have seen some talk around Larry Foote as a stop gap to fill the void left by Dansby.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ardinals-next/

Quote:
Guard Rex Hadnot will meet with the Cardinals this week, according to Fox's Alex Marvez.
He has experience at both center and guard. Will be nice to have some depth and competition at center.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Foote is here today and Porter comes in on Thursday

Old 03-10-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

http://www.cardinalsgab.com/2010/03/...sit-the-cards/

Quote:
According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, the Cardinals will host a visit from Charlie Whitehurst, a restricted free agent quarterback from the San Diego Chargers. The recent third-round tender would presumably compete with Matt Leinart for a starting job if the Cardinals sign him.

The Cardinals organization, however, continue to insist that the 2010 draft will focus on defensive players; rightly so. With current needs at DE, CB, ILB, and OLB

Old 03-10-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Derek Anderson coming in for a visit on friday

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...anderson_N.htm

Old 03-11-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Foote is here today and Porter comes in on Thursday
I lied, apparently Foote has been here since Tuesday but both are visiting today, they both want to be Cardinals so the only way they leave without a contract is if we don't want them or if they want some ridiculous contract

Old 03-11-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Cardinals re-sign Bridges
Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

since the nfl insists we have a 3rd uniform i whipped this up, a mix of our current and 90s uni

Last edited by fenikz : 03-11-2010 at 08:04 PM.