Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 12-28-2009, 05:22 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so glad I chose to sleep through the Hawks game today. I've been avoiding the highlights on ESPN as well. Definitely avoiding next week's game watching Chris Johnson rape and pillage our defense is not going to be fun.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I'm so glad I chose to sleep through the Hawks game today. I've been avoiding the highlights on ESPN as well. Definitely avoiding next week's game watching Chris Johnson rape and pillage our defense is not going to be fun.
Decided to go see Sherlock Holmes but that didnt start till 2:30 so i watched the debacle in Green Bay. No surprises i think we all know they would get smoked. Bigger question i guess is who will be back next year. Personally getting tired of the whole Matt Hasselbeck act but maybe one more year till Montlake Jake arrives.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Ruskell's horrible offensive line turned Hasselbeck into Marc Bulger 2.0? I finally got around to reading the recaps and from what I read it was another pathetic week from him.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hass hasnt much to work with. No real running game and his receivers arent going to go after the ball. He's probably still a decent QB but by the time they rebuild around him he'll be done. Need to start grooming his replacement.

If i werent so interested in Jake Locker coming after next season i wouldnt have a problem with drafting a QB early but i dont see anyone on his level to make that move now. Just my take.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wish I would've. As I sat there watching the game with my dad, we were both wondering why the hell Hasselbeck was still in the game after his third interception, then he went and threw his fourth. It was an absolutely pathetic game to watch, and if it wasn't for flipping to the Ravens-Steelers game, I probably wouldn't have stayed in the room long enough to watch how badly our team played. Also, I'm really starting to get tired of seeing Houshmanzadeh running his mouth, yelling at people when he hasn't done **** to back up his huge contract or his mouth.

Personally, I think the Seahawks should try to transform one of their picks into a first rounder next year, giving them some extra trade bait to try and get ammunition for a run at Locker.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
I wish I would've. As I sat there watching the game with my dad, we were both wondering why the hell Hasselbeck was still in the game after his third interception, then he went and threw his fourth. It was an absolutely pathetic game to watch, and if it wasn't for flipping to the Ravens-Steelers game, I probably wouldn't have stayed in the room long enough to watch how badly our team played. Also, I'm really starting to get tired of seeing Houshmanzadeh running his mouth, yelling at people when he hasn't done **** to back up his huge contract or his mouth.

Personally, I think the Seahawks should try to transform one of their picks into a first rounder next year, giving them some extra trade bait to try and get ammunition for a run at Locker.
Depending on who's running the show there i think you'll see a lot of movement on draft day. There are probably offensive lineman/safties/rbs they can get with later picks than they have. Gathering extra ammo to go after Locker has to be a priority.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:

Jason La Confora of NFL.com is now reporting that the Seahawks list of potential candidates for the vacant general manager position is down to four, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

According to the report, Ravens personnel director Eric DeCosta and Packers director of football operations John Schneider were two of the final four candidates who have been contacted.

La Confora also goes on to mention that Arizona Cardinals director of player personnel Steve Keim and Philadelphia GM Tom Heckert are the two other finalists. However, La Confora says he has not determined if Keim has been contacted. But he does report that to his knowledge Heckert has not been contacted for the Seahawks position.
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...our-finalists/

Good. All people involved in organizations who draft well. I still want DeCosta <33333.

Oh, and I just came across this.

Quote:
Marc Ross, the Giants’ college scouting director for the last two years, is reportedly a candidate to become the next general manager of the Seattle Seahawks.

Ross, who replaced Jerry Reese in the chief scout role when Reese got the Giants’ GM job before the 2007 season, will interview for the GM vacancy in Seattle next week, according to a Twitter report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

The 35-year-old Ross has spent 14 years in the NFL, including as a scout with the Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/#ixzz0bxkAWabf
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/#ixzz0bwzj2Abf

Once again another guy from an organization who drafts extremely well. This is the kind of stuff I like to see.

Last edited by Cicero : 01-07-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice finds. I agree I'm excited about both DeCosta & Ross, especially if Ross is actually a candidate for the job. It's hard not to be excited about guys who have proven to excel at finding great talent through the draft.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=266819

John Clayton on the GM & coaching situation.

Not good news regarding the GM search. Kinda makes you wonder what the hell is going on in the front office not starting interviews earlier.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=266819

John Clayton on the GM & coaching situation.

Not good news regarding the GM search. Kinda makes you wonder what the hell is going on in the front office not starting interviews earlier.
Noooooo. DeCosta has to come for an interview. :(
Old 01-09-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, you guys are pretty sure going to get Pete Carroll. Congrats!

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I heard a rumor that the Seahawks were converting to a 3-4 defense next year once Carrol comes up here. Can anyone confirm or deny this, cause I can't remember where I read the article. It makes a lot of sense because it'll finally let our strongest defensive position (linebacker) be able to make plays all over the field.

Of course I think we'd still be one or two OLB's away in that case, and taking Sergio Kindle somewhere in the draft would make me extremely happy if we convert to a 3-4

Old 01-10-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I heard a rumor that the Seahawks were converting to a 3-4 defense next year once Carrol comes up here. Can anyone confirm or deny this, cause I can't remember where I read the article. It makes a lot of sense because it'll finally let our strongest defensive position (linebacker) be able to make plays all over the field.

Of course I think we'd still be one or two OLB's away in that case, and taking Sergio Kindle somewhere in the draft would make me extremely happy if we convert to a 3-4
im a huge pete carrol fan but a bigger washington fan so im glad you guys got him. but im pretty sure you guys will end up running a variation of the 3-4 because thats what he ran at SC. with two first rounders this year it will help you guys in transition though, the pack did the same thing last offseason and its worked out great for them, however dom capers 3-4 and pete carrols 3-4 defense are a little different

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...wks-coach.html

Link clarifying that Pete Carroll is going to only be the coach for the Seahawks as well as some contract details. I would like for the Seahawks to have a GM in place before the playoffs are over, or at the latest a week after the Super Bowl.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Our personnel does not fit well into the 3-4 at all. I really hope we don't try that.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Our personnel does not fit well into the 3-4 at all. I really hope we don't try that.
dont be too worried.. ours didnt fit well either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do we do with all our 4-3 edge rushers in the 3-4? Nobody wants to see fatass Darryl Tapp dropping back into coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL really.

There is no reason to move to a 3-4.

And Kindle? Seriously? You want to invest ANOTHER draft pick on a linebacker? They need literally everything else.

And thats besides Kindle being massively overrated and one dimensional.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously. don't we have enough linebackers with ridiculous contracts?

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

QB or LT in the 1st?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Hard to say, it really depends on the value. If they go QB at 6, kind of hard not to see them taking a LT with one of their next two picks. If they go LT at 6, they could really go anywhere.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

probably both. I guess those are your franchise cornerstones or something.

Quote:

Old 03-10-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Well now I can't see them going both, not addressing the Defense in a draft that has so much Talent on the Defensive side of the ball and PC being a defensive minded coach...
Old 03-10-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

and I should have clarified my statement more and said with the 6th pick go QB or LT

If I were selecting I would go after Eric Berry then take a LT in the middle of the round then go after the QB in the 2nd rd. But that is just me....
Old 03-10-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
and I should have clarified my statement more and said with the 6th pick go QB or LT

If I were selecting I would go after Eric Berry then take a LT in the middle of the round then go after the QB in the 2nd rd. But that is just me....
After reading Scott's 2nd and 3rd round QB article I cringe every time someone suggests taking one of them with the expectation that they will actually be a franchise QB some day. With that kind of success rate you just have to hope to get lucky.