Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-09-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default New Packer Rumor.

After TT screwed up with Griffith, if he could sign Frank Walker that'd be good. Although, when you can't pay a player 1.2 mil a year, this prolly won't happen either. But for what it's worth.....

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70309184/1989

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus christ dude, you do realize there is a thread called "PACKER RUMORS" like two down from this right? We don't need a freakin new thread for every thought someone has. jeesh

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=3507

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention that you said this was a rumor, when actually it's just your opinion.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Not to mention that you said this was a rumor, when actually it's just your opinion.
Uh, he gave a link to confirm that it's a possibility.

I don't think his signing would really make a difference in '07. Underwood, Blackmon, or even Dendy are all comparable and/or better than Walker. I'd prefer Tory James for a year or two until Blackmon can become a starter.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That it was

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs...703100524/1989

Another veteran corner will visit

Packers lose out on safety Deon Grant and fullback Justin Griffith

By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

The Green Bay Packers are bringing in another free-agent candidate for backup cornerback, Frank Walker.

Walker, 25, was a sixth-round pick by the New York Giants in 2003, and started five games in four years there. His agent, Harold Lewis, said Walker will visit the Packers on Sunday and Monday.

The Packers are looking for Nos. 3 and 4 cornerbacks to play in their nickel and dime defenses behind starters Charles Woodson and Al Harris. The Packers had Cincinnati's Tory James, a 33-year-old free-agent cornerback, in for a visit earlier this week.

Walker, who played in college at Tuskegee, was mostly a special-teamer last season. In the three previous seasons, he had five interceptions playing mainly as a backup. He visited New Orleans on Friday.

Lewis also represents Packers defensive tackle Kenderick Allen, who missed the final 12 games last season because of a broken foot. He said the Packers have expressed an interest in bringing back Allen, who last year played for a one-year contract that consisted of a $50,000 bonus and $600,000 salary.

"We've talked about (Allen re-signing), and definitely he's interested in coming back over there," Lewis said. "I know they're kind of involved in a couple other guys, but I know we have (Walker) coming up Sunday and Monday, so I'm sure we'll be talking then."

The Packers' interest in free-agent safety Deon Grant ended abruptly Friday when he signed a six-year, $30 million contract with the Seattle Seahawks that reportedly included a bonus of more than $11 million.

Another player the Packers had in for a visit this week, fullback Justin Griffith, reportedly signed a three-year deal with Oakland on Friday worth $3.8 million.

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/

Last edited by Rodgers and Lynch_07 : 03-10-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I like Frank Walker. A young, aggressive corner that fits the style of the defense.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
I like Frank Walker. A young, aggressive corner that fits the style of the defense.
Walker would be a good fit b/c he's not a bottom of the barrell corner and we would only expect him to be #3 and not compete for a starting spot

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote