Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_V View Post
One name....Lamont Jordan.
A backup behind a great RB. The backup does great things. He goes to a team to be a full time starter. Has a very good first season, but then the next season, unable to carry the load and gets injured.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't really compare Jordan to Turner (other than their similar size and the fact that they were both backups), Turner is faster and runs more N-S as opposed to Jordan who dances around too much.

And I would hardly call Jordan's first year in Oakland a very good season. He barely got over 1000 yds and only averaged around 3.2 ypc. It was a pretty mediocre season for him on the ground, but I do remember him getting a lot of catches.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Turner, he is a punishing runner who gets a lot of yards after contact and also has good speed and some elusiveness. He could be a very good starting back.

That being said, any team going for him needs to proceed with caution. Sure, his ypc is great but change of pace backs almost always have great YPC for obvious reasons. Truth is we wont know how good he will be as a starter until he becomes one so I honestly look at him as being an excellent running back prospect and whoever gives him the big contract hes going to get will be gambling.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote