Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-10-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict we move to a pure 43 in the next couple of seasons so maybe we pick him up
Old 03-10-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
like Brian Price? Im not sure where he would fit on our team. Hes a pure 4-3 UT, he has no place in the 3-4. Im a huge fan of his and I have him as my #3 DT in the draft and a Top 20 selection, Im just not sure where he plays as a Raven in our 3-4 sets. He is not known for taking on blocks and eating up space like a 5 tech should, hes more of a 1 gap penetrator.
I think we are moving to a 4-3 base defense. In most of the passing situations last season we used some variation of a 4-man line without a lot of blitzing, so getting a true UT would help this team immensely.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well as of right now, in 4-3 sets Trevor Pryce can slide inside to UT. Its his natural position anyways, and I think he has at least 2 seasons left in him, especially playing next to Ngata in 4-3 sets. Not sure, but I would like to see us address CB in round 1, and I think going to a pure 4-3 is a mistake. We have the personel built for a 3-4, Mattison is just a moron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mattison is just a moron.

That sums it up, he is an under qualified(1 season in the NFL b4 being the DC) old fart, using a college D that worked because he could virtually pick any prospect in the nation at Florida. He is pissing away all of the talent on this team, I know the CBs get **** for being bad but they still managed a top 5 pass D w/ a pass rush that cant touch a QB.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well as of right now, in 4-3 sets Trevor Pryce can slide inside to UT. Its his natural position anyways, and I think he has at least 2 seasons left in him, especially playing next to Ngata in 4-3 sets. Not sure, but I would like to see us address CB in round 1, and I think going to a pure 4-3 is a mistake. We have the personel built for a 3-4, Mattison is just a moron.
There's a reason Dwan Edwards started over Pryce last season, he doesn't have the stamina to sustain his play anymore. I really don't think he has two seasons left either, his contract ends after this one and I doubt he'd want to keep going.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Mason officially resigns for 2 years. Waiting on the deal specifications, but its on Twitter. Great signing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I got a text from BR.com, I agree, Boldin and Mason both may be possession WR's, but it's still have plus having them both.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

they are possesion WR but they are damn good ones, Mason should have a great season against #2 CBs. I love it!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:56 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like it unless we get another starter to push Mason to the slot. Now yes Anquan is a huge upgrade over Mason and Mason is an upgrade over Clayton, BUT we've had 2 possesion WRs for the past 5 years, you need a solid field stretching big WR and we don't have that.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:29 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I see that not being a problem because Q had to be the possession guy in Arizona because of Fitzgerald. I think he is going to surprise us and Stallworth will be that change of pace guy along with Clayton. PLus I think that is where we are going to upgrade in the draft and find a speed guy that can go deep.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I don't like it unless we get another starter to push Mason to the slot. Now yes Anquan is a huge upgrade over Mason and Mason is an upgrade over Clayton, BUT we've had 2 possesion WRs for the past 5 years, you need a solid field stretching big WR and we don't have that.
I was going to post that I agree with this but when I thought about it a little more I came up with this. Last year Mason **** on everyone and when he was doubled no one else could get open. When they double Boldin they aren't going to be able to double Mason as well. I think we are going to be ok. I am just happy we did something about it.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't trust Stallworth to be a reliable player. Im not 100% that he is even gonna make the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I honestly don't trust Stallworth to be a reliable player. Im not 100% that he is even gonna make the roster.
This is dead on balls accurate.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-12-2010, 07:19 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't agree with anything you guys have said about Stallworth.
It's all about the role that he's going to be playing in the Ravens offense. Boldin, Mason, and Rice are all going to get the main attention in the passing game. Stallworth will use his speed to his advantage. He's the fastest WR on the team, and according to the coaching staff, his game is still looking sharp. He's an upgrade from Clayton, and will catch some bombs from Flacco, trust me. He's got reliable hands, and will be targeted deep once the defense gets tired late in the game.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...vs-Saints-2006
Old 03-12-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that his role won't be too much so that is a good thing. At best he could be our 3rd receiver, but most likely he would be our 4th behind Clayton and get in on certain packages and plays.

That video is nice but that clip is from 2006. That is over 3 seasons ago. We honestly have no idea where he is at now. He could very well settle into that #3 spot nicely and give us a real deep threat. At this point though I dont think there is any evidence to say that he is a player we should hang our hat on.

I would really like to add some more talent at WR in the draft but not at the expense of adding better overall talent to the team.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-12-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

He was never anything special, and his last time on the field he was anything but an impact player. He was actually quite the forgettable player. I have no expectations for him at all, and if he makes the team I doubt he males any big plays at all.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-12-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
He was never anything special, and his last time on the field he was anything but an impact player. He was actually quite the forgettable player. I have no expectations for him at all, and if he makes the team I doubt he males any big plays at all.
Pretty much this. It'd be a nice bonus if he were able to make some plays, but if we draft a receiver in the first two rounds he might not make the roster.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see why Stallworth can't succeed in our offense??

He'll be in the slot when most of the defenses attention will be geared towards Mason and Boldin. He'd likely be one on one with a nickel or safety, and according to the Ravens, he's still got his speed. His addition can't hurt 1 bit, especially since Demetrius Williams wasn't stepping up. I can't see why you two don't like his addition.

Also, Suggs finally shows up for the Ravens offseason conditioning and work out program. According to BR.com, he's in good shape and excited for next year..... AWESOME news. We need him at 100% next year. Our defense is aging and all our younger players need to step it up.

Also, Donte Stallworth was present for the first day of workouts as well and he looked in great shape.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I can't see why Stallworth can't succeed in our offense??

He'll be in the slot when most of the defenses attention will be geared towards Mason and Boldin. He'd likely be one on one with a nickel or safety, and according to the Ravens, he's still got his speed. His addition can't hurt 1 bit, especially since Demetrius Williams wasn't stepping up. I can't see why you two don't like his addition.

Also, Suggs finally shows up for the Ravens offseason conditioning and work out program. According to BR.com, he's in good shape and excited for next year..... AWESOME news. We need him at 100% next year. Our defense is aging and all our younger players need to step it up.

Also, Donte Stallworth was present for the first day of workouts as well and he looked in great shape.
It's not that I didn't like it, I did and do, it's just that we cannot count on him being able to produce or play. Playing on a nickel/dime corner should help him a lot, but being away from football for a year AND having durability issues is anything but assuring. It's also nice to see Suggs for off-season conditioning, I think that could go a long ways for getting him back into the player he was in previous years.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

^ I agree. I love having Stallworth. It is a great signing with low risk/medium reward. I just don't think we can assume that he is gonna be the # 3 receiver. I think they may still use Clayton or draft someone to get it done.

Side note: I want to buy a Clarence Moore jersey, but I know it is a waste of money. :p

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-16-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Terrell Suggs has shown up to the 1st voluntary off-season workouts. That is great to hear, I bashed suggs last season but I will admit he always comes up in big games (See Pitt and New England playoff games)

Also WNST tweeted that the 1st thursday game of the year maybe Ravens VS. Steelers on primetime in Baltimore. That would be wild

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 03-16-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Terrell Suggs has shown up to the 1st voluntary off-season workouts. That is great to hear, I bashed suggs last season but I will admit he always comes up in big games (See Pitt and New England playoff games)

Also WNST tweeted that the 1st thursday game of the year maybe Ravens VS. Steelers on primetime in Baltimore. That would be wild
yeah dude, I hope Suggs has a 12-13 + sack season.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Anyone have any word on Kelly Washington? I loved him I wish he can come back but I doubt he does.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Anyone have any word on Kelly Washington? I loved him I wish he can come back but I doubt he does.
Honestly, I'd rather have him at #4 WR instead of Mark Clayton.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Word, our team ends up keeping guys around who suck because they are nice or something (Clayton and walker)

also Dwan Edwards to Buffalo, I geuss this means we will prolly go DE round 1