Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-13-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
DEMARYIUS THOMAS!!!!
Quote:
Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas is expected to visit with the Ravens for a pre-draft visit at some point.
-Aaron Wilson's Twitter...

******* AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
DarthRaven

yes, i see the need for a better passrush, but both first-day picks for defense? as i said, i wouldn"t draft a CB in the first round, the two "surest" guys in wilson and haden will be off the board @25, so i"d still rather pick gresham at that spot, because how long will todd go and can you resist getting a talent like him at that point?

they could groom him behind heap & use a few 2-TE Sets, then in round 2 a DE or a OLB for more pressure on the opposing QBs ...
Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRaven View Post
yes, i see the need for a better passrush, but both first-day picks for defense? as i said, i wouldn"t draft a CB in the first round, the two "surest" guys in wilson and haden will be off the board @25, so i"d still rather pick gresham at that spot, because how long will todd go and can you resist getting a talent like him at that point?

they could groom him behind heap & use a few 2-TE Sets, then in round 2 a DE or a OLB for more pressure on the opposing QBs ...
I think this draft is too deep at TE to take one in the first, even if he is as talented as Gresham. I'd rather us address our aging defense, with a guy like Earl Thomas or a pass rusher.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any player who you guys could see the Ravens trading up to get?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

Personally, I'm begining too lean more on going offense on the first days while we draft defense in the later rounds. The Colts have made a living using this method and Newsome always finds us some steals in the later rounds.
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
Personally, I'm begining too lean more on going offense on the first days while we draft defense in the later rounds. The Colts have made a living using this method and Newsome always finds us some steals in the later rounds.
I think that has to do w/ Peyton Manning being the QB
Old 03-14-2010, 03:00 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
I assume you're using a very loose definition of the word "always" right?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's clear to me that receiver isn't the top need anymore.
The 1st round will go to either of the following.
1) TE: Jermaine Gresham
2)CB: Kyle Wilson/Perrish Cox

- Personally, I think D-line will get some consideration as well, but this years draft class is stacked with talent, so Baltimore can get some good players in the later rounds. Kyle Wilson and Perrish Cox are talented, but I don't think either of them will be impact players as rookies. That leaves my boy, Jermaine Gresham. He would've gone in the top 5 hadn't he got injured, so if he falls to 25 it will be a blessing. Just imagine Flacco with Boldin and Gresham to throw to.... it'd be heaven.
WITH THE 25th PICK IN THE NFL DRAFT, THE BALTIMORE RAVENS SELECT TIGHTEND, JERMAINE GRESHAM!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson won't be there in the second.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Wilson won't be there in the second.
Quote:
The 1st round will go to either of the following.
1) TE: Jermaine Gresham
2)CB: Kyle Wilson/Perrish Cox
He's just listing possibilities in the first. I really doubt that it comes down to those three players though, especially with the defensive lineman that could be available at our pick. Cox probably won't be a Raven either, his off-field issues and character concerns are not what Ozzie and DeCosta would be targeting.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think that has to do w/ Peyton Manning being the QB
So? You would figure the team with the best QB in the league would generally go defense with their first day picks. But, No. Look at the Colts recent first pick history since they drafted Manning.

OFFENSE
Donald Brown
Anthony Gonzalez
Joespeh Addai
Dallas Clark
Reggie Wayne
Edgerrin James
Mike Pollak (2nd Round)

Defense
Rob Morris
Dwight Freeney
Bob Sanders (2nd Round)
Marlin Jackson

So, since Manning was drafted the Colts have drafted ONLY 3 defensive players in the first round of the draft. Pretty impressive. I think this how you use the draft too your advantage. Scout the players you know how to scout in the Colts case (offensive players) and let the rest of the draft play out with needs.

I'm starting to lean more on Jermaine Gresham who could wreak some havoc on the 3-4 defense's that we play against.

1st- Jermaine Gresham
2nd- Mardy Gilyard

Imagine our offense....
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been advocating Gresham to the Ravens for months. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, the man will be a star if he stays healthy. Im also really warming up to Jared Odrick at 25, or Sean Weatherspoon if he manages to fall. Jerry Hughes Im a big fan of and wouldnt complain, and Kyle Wilson could be the pick as well. Those are the guys I have my eyes on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) j. gresham
2) b. ghee, d. mccourty

gresham is easily the best t.e. prospect in this draft and fits our system to perfection....plus hes the only t.e. worth taking in the first 2 rounds.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that isnt true. Gronkowski could probably sneak into the late 1st if he runs well and shows hes fully healed, and Hernandez and even McCoy will also probably go in the top 2 rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Well that isnt true. Gronkowski could probably sneak into the late 1st if he runs well and shows hes fully healed, and Hernandez and even McCoy will also probably go in the top 2 rounds.
gronkowski is a beast and he also fits our scheme very well maybe we could go...
1) k. wilson (him and haden are the only 2 c.b.'s worth taking in round 1)
2) gronkowski
...but i like gresham/ghee much better.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

Quote:
gronkowski is a beast and he also fits our scheme very well maybe we could go...
1) k. wilson (him and haden are the only 2 c.b.'s worth taking in round 1)
2) gronkowski
...but i like gresham/ghee much better.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously depending who was still on the board, but I wouldn't mind at all if we took Devin McCourty at #25.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Ravens are really interested in Devin McCourty from Rutgers. He can contribute on special teams, great character & toughness, and IMO, I love the way he plays.

Ed Reed is expected to play this season and Todd Heap is expected to be the starter next season.

-Aaron Wilson

also, nice to see the Browns get rid of there best pass rusher and sign a QB who threw for 18 INT's last year :)
Old 03-14-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MHH8tPME4s

based on that tape alone, I loved what I saw from McCourty, especially at corner. All that stuff he did on special teams is just a plus.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Ravens are really interested in Devin McCourty from Rutgers. He can contribute on special teams, great character & toughness, and IMO, I love the way he plays.

Ed Reed is expected to play this season and Todd Heap is expected to be the starter next season.

-Aaron Wilson

also, nice to see the Browns get rid of there best pass rusher and sign a QB who threw for 18 INT's last year :)
I don't think the AFC North has to worry about the Browns for a little while.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like McCourty a lot too, he's third for me after Haden and Wilson. He probably appeals to Ozzie and Harbaugh even more because of his special teams versatility, and he would make a nice three-man tandem at CB with Webb and Foxworth. The knock on him is that he isn't really a play-maker, but for our defense I think I'd take a solid cover corner over a gambling one at this point. We don't have the pass-rush (nor do I think the creativity is there) to play guys that take a lot of risks.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ive been advocating Gresham to the Ravens for months. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, the man will be a star if he stays healthy. Im also really warming up to Jared Odrick at 25, or Sean Weatherspoon if he manages to fall. Jerry Hughes Im a big fan of and wouldnt complain, and Kyle Wilson could be the pick as well. Those are the guys I have my eyes on.
Sorry Todd Heap fills that role for this team. Draft Defense Ozzie, its what you know

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Todd Heap isn't what he used to be. He was mostly inconsistent last season with 4 of his 6 TDs coming in two consecutive games. I like the guy, but he's just not a good number 1 option at the position anymore.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of mocks have us taking Greshman, I am iffy on the pick, I am nervous about the injury but Greshman is so talented he could be a force here.

Also Scott has us taking Kyle Wilson CB from Boise State. Your thoughts on him? He sounds a lot like Lardarius Webb
Old 03-15-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Webb is exactly who I think of when I see Wilson's scouting report. It'd be an alright pick, but I don't think we need another corner with that skill-set. I think a lot of the mocks that say corner is our biggest need now are only thinking of the end of the season where we sported Carr and Walker as our second and nickel corners (:(), when that's not really how our secondary shapes out. Both Webb and Washington (if he comes back, which i believe he will for at least one more season) are ahead of them. Another corner is a need, but I'm not sure if it's a first round need.