Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-15-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I still think we should go BPA, Fox,Webb,Washington showed flashes last season. Hell even Carr and walker looked good at the end of the season. I am just nervous of Washington and Webb health. So far we havent brought anyone in FA so maybe that is a sign they are ahead of schedule.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Webb is exactly who I think of when I see Wilson's scouting report. It'd be an alright pick, but I don't think we need another corner with that skill-set. I think a lot of the mocks that say corner is our biggest need now are only thinking of the end of the season where we sported Carr and Walker as our second and nickel corners (:(), when that's not really how our secondary shapes out. Both Webb and Washington (if he comes back, which i believe he will for at least one more season) are ahead of them. Another corner is a need, but I'm not sure if it's a first round need.
You're right. We need some later round guy to compete and challenge Webb, Washington, and Carr. Someone who could contribute on special teams as well.

In the firs round, I think we'd most likely take the best defensive player availible.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's possible that Kyle Wilson will be gone at 25.
He's a great playmaker, but his size and gambling nature might make him an easy target for bigger, more physical receivers.
The Ravens secondary is already known for being gamblers, so adding another small, athletic, gambling cornerback might be the wrong move; especially in the first round.
This years draft is full of talent in rounds 2-4, so waiting would be ideal.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
It's possible that Kyle Wilson will be gone at 25.
He's a great playmaker, but his size and gambling nature might make him an easy target for bigger, more physical receivers.
The Ravens secondary is already known for being gamblers, so adding another small, athletic, gambling cornerback might be the wrong move; especially in the first round.
This years draft is full of talent in rounds 2-4, so waiting would be ideal.
The only guy in the secondary I would call a gambler is Reed. Landry maybe, but Foxworth, Washington, and what limited time I've seen from Webb wouldn't fit the term "gambler" IMO.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

BPA. The Ravens are in an odd position this year where they have no true weaknesses in the starting front. Cornerback and DE are our most PREVALENT needs but honestly, we have depth there too, especially at DE.

EDIT: We could TRADE DOWN which would probably help us out in terms of future picks. And with the team looking as strong as it is, I have a feeling we'll be picking lower next year.

Last edited by go_ravens94 : 03-15-2010 at 07:20 PM.
go_ravens94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading down is our best option. I like Kyle Wilson and Gresham a ton and would be fine with either pick, but there is great depth at TE and CB in this draft. We would be better of if we trade down and gather up more picks to restock after getting Boldin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I still like a WR or a TE with our first pick personally.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the WR in the first rd still, not so much the TE. Our problem at TE is we have an injury risk at TE and the only TE worth a 1st rd pick is Gresham who is himself an injury risk......not interested.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, my BB for the Ravens, if we stay at 25 is

1) Jermaine Gresham
2) Jared Odrick
3) Kyle Wilson
4) Sean Weatherspoon
5) Demaryius Thomas

Although from all the reports Im hearing, Gresham might be the only one available at our pick from that list. Wilson could go as early as 15-20, Odrick is perhaps borderline top 10 right now, Demaryius Thomas is on the rise and rumor is he will be the #2 WR off the board, and Weatherspoon most likely wont get past 15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Odrick is perhaps borderline top 10 right now
Really?
I feel like top 10 is a little early for him.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw someone saying that Thomas may go top 15 now, but IDK about that, w/ his injury he cant do any work outs so IDK if he will go that high
Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Really?
I feel like top 10 is a little early for him.
He is a legit possibility for Buffalo, Denver, and Miami at this point, from everything Im reading. Think Tyson Jackson from last year.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Odrick is the same caliber of prospect that Jackson is/was, and this draft is probably much deeper and of better quality. Tyson also was projected to be able to play DE in either a 4-3 or 3-4 while also being able to kick inside in a 4-3. He's much more versatile than Odrick, I can't see him going in the top half of round one.

BTW, for you Decker fans I see he scored a 43 on the Wonderlic. Don't think it means a whole lot, but that's pretty awesome especially for a receiver.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I agree with the WR in the first rd still, not so much the TE. Our problem at TE is we have an injury risk at TE and the only TE worth a 1st rd pick is Gresham who is himself an injury risk......not interested.
I agree here. I know Gresham has all the talent in the world, but I'd rather us pass on him, and go defense.

Don't get caught up in all this offensive talk in Baltimore, remember, this team was built on defense and I would love to see the trend continue.

This draft is so deep at TE, that we can afford to pass on 1 in the first.

oh and btw, SICK sig ERU.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens OLB Paul Kruger is planning to add 10-15 pounds for a potential position switch to defensive end.

Stuck behind Terrell Suggs at outside linebacker, Kruger's easiest path to playing time is at defensive end after the team lost Justin Bannan and possibly Dwan Edwards. He was never fast enough to succeed at linebacker, so it looks like he'll be groomed as Trevor Pryce's successor after all.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think we are going 43, if we stick to a 34 Krueger weigh 275 he would be to small for 34 DE
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Ravens OLB Paul Kruger is planning to add 10-15 pounds for a potential position switch to defensive end.

Stuck behind Terrell Suggs at outside linebacker, Kruger's easiest path to playing time is at defensive end after the team lost Justin Bannan and possibly Dwan Edwards. He was never fast enough to succeed at linebacker, so it looks like he'll be groomed as Trevor Pryce's successor after all.
That's where I've expected him to play since we drafted him last season. If I remember correctly, he was said to be one of the "true" 4-3 defensive ends last draft and he should fit nicely at LDE across from Suggs. He'll be Trevor Pryce's successor, but in a different role.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

how do you guys think his transition will be? Is he a natural 34 DE?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

No, but we drafted him to play that position. I was, and still am, puzzled by the pick, because Jarron Gilbert was the perfect 5 tech and he didnt go till early round 3. I would guess Kruger could put on about 15 lbs and play around 290, which would probably be best. He has a high motor and good strength, but I cant really ever see him being worth the 2nd rounder we spent on him.
Quote:
Old 03-16-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah I agree Gilbert was a great option, he had all world athletic ability and could have played 34 DE or 43 UT. APS Krueger weighs 260 now so he would have to put on 30 pounds to get to 290. I think we are going to a pure 43 soon
Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Exactly. I think that Harbaugh and Mattison have had their sights set on a 4-3 since the time Greg was hired last season.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
That's where I've expected him to play since we drafted him last season. If I remember correctly, he was said to be one of the "true" 4-3 defensive ends last draft and he should fit nicely at LDE across from Suggs. He'll be Trevor Pryce's successor, but in a different role.
You are right. Last year when we drafted him everything said he was capable of playing LB but his future for us would be at DE, and he'd be the eventual replacement for Pryce. I've been expecting this position switch, and eventual switch to the 4-3.

Last edited by ccB : 03-18-2010 at 05:18 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
No, but we drafted him to play that position. I was, and still am, puzzled by the pick, because Jarron Gilbert was the perfect 5 tech and he didnt go till early round 3. I would guess Kruger could put on about 15 lbs and play around 290, which would probably be best. He has a high motor and good strength, but I cant really ever see him being worth the 2nd rounder we spent on him.
I think the writings been on the wall for sometime that we are switching to the 4-3, which is probably the reason we didn't take Gilbert. Add me to the bummed out list because I, like most around here had a prospect woody for Gilbert.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I agree, and while I think the switch to the 4-3 is a huge mistake, Gilbert could of slid inside in the 4-3 and played UT next to Ngata, similarly to what the bears are doing. Still think he would of been a better selection, but what can you do.
Quote:
Old 03-18-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

That would also have left a huge hole at the LDE spot, where I think Kruger will be playing. The only two positions I think we're solid at along the line in a 4-man front is RDE and NT. UT and LDE are obviously huge needs, but at least we've got a guy with potential presumably playing at the LDE spot while Pryce is the only guy that really fits at UT. It is and was a tough position to be in (especially if they really were drafting by thinking for a future switch to the 4-3).