Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Word, our team ends up keeping guys around who suck because they are nice or something (Clayton and walker)

also Dwan Edwards to Buffalo, I geuss this means we will prolly go DE round 1
With us losing him and Bannan, and as Ive been saying for a few weeks now, a pick like Odrick would make a ton of sense. That said, I dont expect Odrick to be available at 25 with what Im reading about his stock, and the same goes for Dan Williams. Brian Price might slide, but he isnt really a good fit, and 25 is far too early for Lamar Houston. I dont really know who we would draft there TBH, unless we went with someone like Dunlap to bulk him up. That would be a mistake IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am w/ you I like Orderick, our dline could look like this....

DE-Suggs
DT-Ngata
Dt-Ordrick
DE-Krueger

and in the future our lb corp could be

WLB-Gooden
MLB-draft pick (maybe Spikes if he slides to round 2??)
SLB-Ellerbe
Old 03-16-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The LB corps is an interesting one to figure out for the 4-3. Jarret Johnson has to play somewhere, I think he'd be the SLB on running downs and possibly the LDE in passing situations. Gooden seems like an ideal fit at WLB ina 4-3, much better than inside in a 3-4. I'm not sure on Ellerbe, but I think he could play all three positions but his best fit might be inside or on the strong side. Then there's Jason Phillips who I still personally like a lot and would like to see given reps at ILB (if he's healthy) to spot Ray next season. Jameel McClain doesn't really seem to fit in a 4-3, but Ayanbandejo would also be a solid option at WLB along with Gooden. I'm starting to really warm-up to Weatherspoon at 25 if he's still there, even though we still have some guys with potential at the LB spots.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love McClain as a 34 OLB, I think he would be nice there he can make plays. But he is worthless in a 43.

I also wont mind Weatherspoon either, he is the definition of "play like a Raven"
Old 03-16-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Word, our team ends up keeping guys around who suck because they are nice or something (Clayton and walker)

also Dwan Edwards to Buffalo, I geuss this means we will prolly go DE round 1
I was actually curious what you Ravens fans thought of Dwan Edwards? Did we get a good football player?
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
I was actually curious what you Ravens fans thought of Dwan Edwards? Did we get a good football player?
Here's my post from the NFL forum thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Edwards was the Ravens second round pick a few years back. He's a solid player, especially at stuffing the run. Wouldn't expect too much out of him pass-rushing wise. He took over the starting role from Trevor Pryce this year because Trevor just doesn't have the stamina to last the entire game anymore, but he came in on passing downs. I think it's a solid addition for the Bills. Looks like the 4-3 is coming to Baltimore sooner rather than later.
I don't really have much more to add. Dwan should be a solid player for the Bills, but I wonder if we didn't pursue him because he doesn't fit with the team going forward.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd really like Baltimore to sign a free agent DT for some depth.
Who's some of the biggest/best names in free agency?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/?p=4488

Frank Walker maybe outta here.

I know he sucks and every hates him, but I respect him because at some points earlier in the season it looked like him Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were the only players that actually cared on D

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 03-17-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the caring in the world doesn't make up for a total and complete lack of talent....see ya Frankie!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demaryius Thomas got a 34 on the wonderlic it was the highest grade of any WR.......on the flipside Arrelious Benn got an 11, gotta love that Illinois education. These guys really are "student" athletes aren't they?!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-17-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I read that Decker got a 43. I think I put the link in the draft discussion thread, but Demaryius still getting a 34 is great. Don't think we're gonna get him though.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Dez Bryant is still dropping and falling fast this website is one of only a few out there that still have him as a TOP 20 pick let alone a TOP 10 possibly.

Should we take a WR at #25 if someone like Demaryius or Dez are sitting there at #25??
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! If Demaryius or Dez are there we need to go WR!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-17-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I have seen Dez at a place like pick 27.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

sounds like Bryant has a terrible work ethic.

“I wouldn’t draft that kid unless I had someone to wake him up in the morning to get to meetings, someone to wake him up for practice and someone to wake him up for games,” one source said.

Harbaugh is against that stuff so it wont shock me even if Dez is at 25 we skip him.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah, there could be a ton of surprised and ticked off Ravens fans come draft day if Dez is still there at 25. Honestly. I'm not sure if I would take a WR in the first round at this point. The problem with that is that I still want us to get a WR in the first two rounds, yet waiting till 57 is risky (and I don't envision us trading up unless we've already traded down). This draft is one of the most interesting for us in a while IMO.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I wouldnt mind seeing us trading down to the top 10 of the second, picking up an extra 4th.

Then the draft can look like this...

2nd(a)-Demaryus Thomas
2nd(b)-Lamarr Houston or CB
4th-Anthony McCoy

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 03-17-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Demaryius Thomas as a prospect, but not in round 1.
& he won't make it to the Ravens second pick.
Receiver isn't a first round need anymore.
& the only second round guys I'd want on the team are Jordan Shipley, and Eric Decker.
Both of these fellow white men, are really good at what they do and both will become useful weapons in the NFL.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

We don't have a 4th either, it was traded in the Boldin deal. As it stands now here's our picks:

1st
2nd
5th
5th
6th

We'll probably pick up a net comp. 7th, but that's it. That draft would be nice though, I'd still like to see TE addressed. Right now I'm at a conundrum, wanting an interior pass-rusher, receiver, and tight end all addressed early but we only have 2 high picks. Sigh.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

IDK if we should draft a possesion guy, we already got a young possesion WR in Marcus Smith.

Also if we draft a WR they will be a #3 or #4 for the first 2 years of there career so we should just get a guy w/ a lot of talent hopeing they can sit on the bench and develop into a super star
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
We don't have a 4th either, it was traded in the Boldin deal. As it stands now here's our picks:

1st
2nd
5th
5th
6th

We'll probably pick up a net comp. 7th, but that's it. That draft would be nice though, I'd still like to see TE addressed. Right now I'm at a conundrum, wanting an interior pass-rusher, receiver, and tight end all addressed early but we only have 2 high picks. Sigh.
He said if we trade down and pick up a 4th. Which Im highly for trading back to the top 10 of rd 2 and taking Demaryius Thomas.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-17-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
He said if we trade down and pick up a 4th. Which Im highly for trading back to the top 10 of rd 2 and taking Demaryius Thomas.
Nah, he said an extra 4th which would imply we already have one ;). I'd love to trade back into the top 10 of the second and take Demaryius though.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldnt mind seeing us trading down to the top 10 of the second, picking up an extra 4th.

Then the draft can look like this...

2nd(a)-Demaryus Thomas
2nd(b)-Lamarr Houston or CB
4th-Anthony McCoy
I've been saying this all along!! I would LOVE to see us trade down and acquire more picks. This draft is too talented for a team like the Ravens to only have 5 picks.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free agent CB Frank Walker is reportedly on the verge of signing with an unnamed NFC team.

The penalty-prone cornerback could provide special teams help, but hasn't proven to be more than a dime back with Baltimore, Green Bay, or the Giants.

This makes me sad.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IDK if we should draft a possesion guy, we already got a young possesion WR in Marcus Smith.

Also if we draft a WR they will be a #3 or #4 for the first 2 years of there career so we should just get a guy w/ a lot of talent hopeing they can sit on the bench and develop into a super star

I'd hardly consider Marcus Smith a nice prospect. He can't run routes or catch. He's basically a special teamer

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Free agent CB Frank Walker is reportedly on the verge of signing with an unnamed NFC team.

The penalty-prone cornerback could provide special teams help, but hasn't proven to be more than a dime back with Baltimore, Green Bay, or the Giants.

This makes me sad.
Yeah, the Ravens home site had something about it this morning. I think it's great, Frank Walker is just terrible.