Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just caught up on this week's episode. Great one. Not as good as last weeks or the week before I dont think, but still good. I dunno what kind of direction they are gunna go with from here, but its getting a bit darker it seems. I really hope they get back to some of the dynamic that made the show super great in the first place, but its still really great atm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is getting a little darker, but I think it will get back to the old formula. Seems like they're just setting up a lot of things for going forward.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It is getting a little darker, but I think it will get back to the old formula. Seems like they're just setting up a lot of things for going forward.
Going back to the old formula would be a mistake.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like darker Chuck. Old formula would often get a bit too corny and light-hearted for my tastes.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
I like darker Chuck. Old formula would often get a bit too corny and light-hearted for my tastes.
Why.....why are you making good points? WHY?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Why.....why are you making good points? WHY?
Sleep deprivation.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The old formula is what got it to season three, so I disagree that going back to it is a bad thing.

As for this "darker" Chuck you like, it just tanked in the demo (1.9 is the lowest Chuck has ever been) so unless you're in the camp that believes it was Daylight Savings Time and not a trend, it's a bad sign. A lot of the casual fans who loved Chuck in season 1 and 2 aren't watching now, and a lot of that has to do with the "darker tone" the show has taken.

I'll watch the show no matter what, but I think you're in the minority here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'd rather it go out with a string of great, darker episodes with an arc (ala what Dollhouse did) than just continue on with fairly solid episodes for a few seasons.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-16-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
As for this "darker" Chuck you like, it just tanked in the demo (1.9 is the lowest Chuck has ever been) so unless you're in the camp that believes it was Daylight Savings Time and not a trend, it's a bad sign. A lot of the casual fans who loved Chuck in season 1 and 2 aren't watching now, and a lot of that has to do with the "darker tone" the show has taken.
Thats because most people like absolute crap, the drop in ratings is a sure fire sign that the show is better now!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
Thats because most people like absolute crap, the drop in ratings is a sure fire sign that the show is better now!
This is a good assessment actually.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Going back to the old formula would be a mistake.
No it wouldn't. That old formula got it three seasons, even if just barely, which is more than 90% of other TV shows can say.

That said, I'd like to see a nice balance of the old formula and what's going on now in Chuck. Keep Chuck having some bad ass to him, but make sure he's still a goof ball at times. The Chuck/Sarah dynamic I feel is what made a lot of the casual viewers watch. Say what you will about it being annoying, but I do think it plays well for a lot of people.

Personally I've always felt Chuck and Sarah being 'together' would be best. Normally it might get boring, but they could throw in some awesome wrinkles to shake things up like Sarah or Chuck having to seduce someone else for a mission or whatever.

Next weeks episode should really decide some things hopefully.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
No it wouldn't. That old formula got it three seasons, even if just barely, which is more than 90% of other TV shows can say.

That said, I'd like to see a nice balance of the old formula and what's going on now in Chuck. Keep Chuck having some bad ass to him, but make sure he's still a goof ball at times. The Chuck/Sarah dynamic I feel is what made a lot of the casual viewers watch. Say what you will about it being annoying, but I do think it plays well for a lot of people.

Personally I've always felt Chuck and Sarah being 'together' would be best. Normally it might get boring, but they could throw in some awesome wrinkles to shake things up like Sarah or Chuck having to seduce someone else for a mission or whatever.

Next weeks episode should really decide some things hopefully.
I agree with this 100%. And someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think this might be the last episode with Shaw, and if so, good riddance.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Well, I like Routh as an actor, but it seems like every actor they cast as a new spy who's supposed to be helping Chuck ends up in the exact same mold. Same with the British spy from season 2. Threatens Sarah/Chuck relationship, isn't a bad guy though, blah blah blah.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked this episode. But not as well as last weeks.

So was that really Casey's daughter? I didn't notice his fiance being pregnant in the flashbacks.

I think he'll be back on the team in a week or two and it'll probably coincide with the end of Shaw's run.

Didn't see the previews for next weeks episode. That bums me out a little.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I liked this episode. But not as well as last weeks.

So was that really Casey's daughter? I didn't notice his fiance being pregnant in the flashbacks.

I think he'll be back on the team in a week or two and it'll probably coincide with the end of Shaw's run.

Didn't see the previews for next weeks episode. That bums me out a little.
Yeah, that was Casey's daughter. His fiance was going to tell him that she was pregnant on the phone with him but T2 disconnected the phone before she could.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Routh is fine as an actor and I'd even say I'm a fan, but he has no chemistry at all with Yvonne and it shows.

Or.. at least not the kind of chemistry Yvonne and Zach have.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:43 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. Shaw and the Ring have been my main problems with this season so far.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:11 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Yes. Shaw and the Ring have been my main problems with this season so far.
I don't really mind The Ring (although the name sucks) but Shaw just hasn't done anything for me. He and Sarah have minimal on-screen chemistry and his inclusion has not really benefited the show.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thing about Routh is, he's still in Superman mode. He didnt really have great chemistry with Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns either cause he just puts on that stoneface. Funny thing is, hes this huge guy, but actually has a meek presence on screen. I personally like him as an actor, but Ill be glad to see him off the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When they shot people blood splatter out...first time I think. Usually it leaks out slowly or just a red spot.

I don't I wanna see Chuck use a gun, but I do like this version of him better. He isn't a pansy now. Maybe they can find a happy medium, where he is still odd quirky him, but still not a pansy and a killing machine.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I don't mind the ring as an idea. I just don't really feel as they have been built up well enough. They just don't worry me as much as Fulcrum even though fulcrum was supposed to be inferior.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting last episode, they have the position to move both Sarah and Casey off the show is how I felt. I think the point has been reached where Chuck has to go after Sarah now because he has two doors. Door one is he remains Chuck and goes after Sarah, door two he dedicates himself to being a spy and the show ends as it is now because they have been setting up the whole he doesn't need help thing for ages now.

I think Ella also needs to find out soon that he is a spy or perhaps at least she needs to get suspicious of Chuck again as that dynamic was great and now she can both manipulate Morgan and spot Devins lies.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like darker Chuck and seeing him not be a pansy is satisfying. But I can see how this line of episodes might back them into a corner plotwise. Hopefully not.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Chuck tonight!

Old 03-22-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Good episode of Chuck, but not great. I'm getting tired of waiting for "it" to happen, but there are only two more episodes of the "original" 13 for season 3. Hopefully there is some sort of resolution before that, otherwise people will get even more emo than before.

On a side note, does anyone think Sarah's "red test" was to kill Shaw's wife, Eve? That chick looked a little on the younger side, and Shaw could be manipulating the entire Team Bartowski to get back at the CIA/Sarah/whoever stands in his way to get revenge for his dead wife.

Last edited by vidae : 03-23-2010 at 02:30 AM.