Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-16-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now this is what Ive been talking about. We don't have to go out and sign the high priced guys in order to turn this roster around. Ryan Lilja is a great signing and will fit VERY VERY WELL at RG. I am with you guys in the belief that this and a few other signings points the Chiefs in another direction in round 1. Eric Berry, Rolando McClain and Dez Bryant seem like a better shot to get drafted than an OT, at least in round 1. I see them going toward an OT later in the draft.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Berry is off the board and Okang is sitting there I could see still them taking him but it would be more of a BPA move.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is O'Callaghan a starter material, or do we need to replace him?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I think he can be a solid starting RT, I thought his play improved as the season went on and this year he will be there for TC and pre season.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Oh I know he's good enough to start, he proved it. He was one of the better parts of our line last year, without workouts/TC and learning the schemes on the fly.

I full expect him to start at RT next year if we don't draft an OT 5th overall.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the first time O'Callaghan will be going into the camps at full strength. He was really close to taking the RT job in New England, but could never stay healthy. He hasn't had any problems in KC, and he's improved greatly.

He's the kind of player you're always looking to replace if there's someone great out there, but someone you're also pretty content with if you can't find an amazing talent to replace him.

Main concern now is C and LG. They'll roll with Waters, and hopefully grab a C at some point. The Chiefs are going to load up on defense this year. It'll be a fun draft to watch.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
The article said they didn't use ZBS at all when LJ was here. As they made the switch to JC, Haley increased the amount and complexity of the ZBS because it was appearant JC and the OLine were getting better with it. Towards the end of the season, we were almost primarily using ZBS. Think back to those "runs intended for the outside". The OLine would flow with Charles toward the sideline then Charles would cut it up field when he saw a hole. That's the purest form of a zone strech as you can find.
I don't think that article is correct, as far as saying they didn't run zone at all when LJ was here. Every team runs the zone.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/16...te-player.html

The numbers on Ryan Lilja's deal with the chiefs 3 years 7.5 another good value move by Scott and Co.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving our offensive line. O'Cally, Lilja, Weigmen(eh???), Waters, Albert. Pretty legit if you ask me. Could we be looking at Wide Reciever like Dez Bryant? Chambers, Bowe, Dez....
Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I'm loving our offensive line. O'Cally, Lilja, Weigmen(eh???), Waters, Albert. Pretty legit if you ask me. Could we be looking at Wide Reciever like Dez Bryant? Chambers, Bowe, Dez....
i agree, Pioli and co are looking good so far.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/16...te-player.html

The numbers on Ryan Lilja's deal with the chiefs 3 years 7.5 another good value move by Scott and Co.
Particularly since the Texans paid 12 million for Wade Smith.
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3...ith-more-money
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we might see a defensive overhaul in the first few rounds. I could see a C somewhere in the first three, but I think you'll see more defense than not.

Signing Thomas Jones, Ryan Lilja, Casey Wiegmann and re-signing Chambers somewhat stabilized our offense, especially the line. Sure, another WR option would be great, but our defense has just been downright abysmal.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Romeo Crennel Runs The Eric Berry Workout In Tennessee
Old 03-17-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OLine looks, on paper, to be alot better than last years squad. 2 spots I would look to upgrade long term are LG (possibly Albert? J/K! Sorry, I retract the previous question. I don't want to re-open that can of worms. We all know where it leads) and C. With some of the work already done on the OLine, I really would like Eric Berry. His skill set would fill a huge hole in the Chiefs secondary. He can cover in zone or man-to-man, play at SS, FS or nickel. Obviously, his ball hawking skills make him a better fit for FS, but his ability to switch positions to better help this defense is an addeed benefit.

I love the fact that Crennel has been so involved with kids getting ready to enter the draft. This will help out tremendously when it comes to evaluateing players and how they fit into his scheme.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I absolutely still think C is a need, and like I've said before, if Pouncey is there at the top of the second it should be a no brainer pick. He can play multiple positions on the line and be the future at C next year when Wiegmann hangs em up.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I absolutely still think C is a need, and like I've said before, if Pouncey is there at the top of the second it should be a no brainer pick. He can play multiple positions on the line and be the future at C next year when Wiegmann hangs em up.
I like Pouncey alot, but I don't know if he falls to us in round 2. It looks more and more like Minnesota may grab him in the bottom of round 1. Cs in round 1 are rare, but so are talents like his.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would be more the fine grabbing a center in round two, even with the improvements the Chiefs have no depth.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Derrick Johnson expected to sign tender
Old 03-20-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here's to hoping DJ can finally live up to his potential.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We've been saying that for years though!

Old 03-20-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
here's to hoping DJ can finally live up to his potential.
after he signs the tender, I believe the Chiefs will be actively seeking a trade for him during the draft. The Eagles would be a good trade partner. Maybe give up a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year. The Chiefs could help address the ILB issue by drafting Spikes with the 2b or even in the 3rd. His stock fell alot with his slow 40 time. I think he would be a good fit though.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think the Chiefs would be willing to trade DJ if their is a market for him but I don't think they will be actively shopping him.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my internet went capoot before we started signing people.I love what we've done so far.. little iffy on Weigmann cause I thought he started to lose a step before we let him go but love we're trying to improve the OL
Old 03-21-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I thought you were dead.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T rich hi cutie!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote