Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
The 2nd was in reference to his tender, not where he was picked. They could have tendered him as a 3rd or 4th if they wanted. The chances of a 4th round pick being as good as Tapp are pretty slim. He's not a sack artist but he had a good amount of QB hits this year, he's good against the run, and he was the best DE on the roster.

What does his tender have to do with anything? Did you expect to get a 2nd rounder for him? If you did you are crazy.

Being the best DE on the Seahawks roster is like being the best athlete at the special olympics. I will repeat this again, he had TWO AND A HALF SACKS LAST YEAR. Even Lo-Jack and Kerney's old ass managed more.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
What does his tender have to do with anything? Did you expect to get a 2nd rounder for him? If you did you are crazy.

Being the best DE on the Seahawks roster is like being the best athlete at the special olympics. I will repeat this again, he had TWO AND A HALF SACKS LAST YEAR. Even Lo-Jack and Kerney's old ass managed more.
That couldn't possibly have anything to do with having their pass defense being ranked 30th could it. It's hard to get sacks when DB's can't keep a guy covered up for more than 2 seconds.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

His tender has do with how Carroll and Schneider (the people who placed the tender on him) valued him, and the disturbing thought that Chris Clemons makes up the difference for trading down from the second round to the 4th.

Sacks are not an end all measurement. Kerney and Jackson might be on the same level as pass rushers but he was by far the best DE that we had against the run. Kerney will probably get injured again this year since he's completely washed up and then who are we going to throw out there?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate citing Profootballfocus but I think that I'm going to here, Tapp ranked 17th overall for defensive ends. He only got 2 sacks which isn't good but he also had 15 QB hits and 13 hurries from his spot. He graded out 4th overall against the run, so he is a good run stuffer.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
That couldn't possibly have anything to do with having their pass defense being ranked 30th could it. It's hard to get sacks when DB's can't keep a guy covered up for more than 2 seconds.

It's also hard to cover a WR when the QB has ALL DAY to throw because your DE's can't rush the passer. Not that the secondary was any good either.

This is the thing. After the season ended I was hard pressed to find 10 players on the entire roster that I would miss if they were gone...Tapp wasn't one of those 10 players. The only DB on that list was Josh Wilson. The only DL on that list was Brandon Mebane.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would Tapp be better standing up in the 3-4?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's also hard to cover a WR when the QB has ALL DAY to throw because your DE's can't rush the passer. Not that the secondary was any good either.

This is the thing. After the season ended I was hard pressed to find 10 players on the entire roster that I would miss if they were gone...Tapp wasn't one of those 10 players. The only DB on that list was Josh Wilson. The only DL on that list was Brandon Mebane.
See it's not so much that I think Tapp is great, but we don't need to be downgrading when we already have so many needs (same goes for Grant).
Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The key here is Nick Reed (someone Carroll is familiar with as well).

Simply put, the Seahawks had too many DEs. Tapp may have been the best of the bunch, but if he was - it wasn't by much and he sure as hell didn't make much of impact in terms of making the defense better as a unit.

I just fear that this newly acquired 4th rounder will now be flipped to San Diego for Charlie Whitehurst...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
His tender has do with how Carroll and Schneider (the people who placed the tender on him) valued him, and the disturbing thought that Chris Clemons makes up the difference for trading down from the second round to the 4th.
No, it doesn't mean that at all. A 2nd round pick is the 2nd lowest he could be tendered. The lowest would be NO COMPENSATION.

Quote:
Sacks are not an end all measurement. Kerney and Jackson might be on the same level as pass rushers but he was by far the best DE that we had against the run. Kerney will probably get injured again this year since he's completely washed up and then who are we going to throw out there?

Again, being the best run defending DE on the Seahawks roster means absolutely nothing. THEY ALL SUCK.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was of the taught that Eagles would grab a end that would complement Cole in regards to sacks. I know he is stout against the run, but there are two DTs that do a good job of that already.
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
See it's not so much that I think Tapp is great, but we don't need to be downgrading when we already have so many needs (same goes for Grant).

I don't see it as downgrading. I see it as getting something for someone that could have been cut and nobody would have noticed on game day. Grant we actually did get nothing for. Basically getting rid of these guys just means somebody else gets to try, maybe they won't pan out, maybe they will. But as they say, "The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over an expecting different results." Might as well try somebody new, it can't get any worse.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.

Tapp fit into the scheme just fine. He was top 5 in the league in QB hits and just because he didn't put up sacks doesn't mean he wasn't getting pressure. As usual, he was amazing against the run. I really think he was capable of double digit sacks this season. This is a terrible deal for Seattle, the Seattle blog I post on frequently has over 1000 comments of people bitching of this deal, don't say that it isn't bad for Seattle, we got fleeced.
MikeTeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Pure low-risk / high-reward move for the Eagles.

Clemons was a marginal player with very little value, so for a 4th round pick they got a young, up-and-coming LDE, with the potential to make an impact, and if he doesn't they can just write it off as the loss of a 4th round pick, and simply view it as an addition to the depth chart.

I have a feeling that Tapp might be better in the Eagles system than he was in the Seahawks system. Don't know if I can say the same about Clemons, but for the sake of Pete Carroll's career, I'm going to hope so too.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see it as downgrading. I see it as getting something for someone that could have been cut and nobody would have noticed on game day. Grant we actually did get nothing for. Basically getting rid of these guys just means somebody else gets to try, maybe they won't pan out, maybe they will. But as they say, "The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over an expecting different results." Might as well try somebody new, it can't get any worse.
Well I really doubt we will get someone as good as Tapp if we use that pick on a DE, there's no one left in FA as good as he is, and there is no one on our roster who is better than he is.

On a completely random note, I swear I'm having a dejavu moment right now. I really feel like I remember reading the two posts above mine a couple days ago.

Last edited by Cicero : 03-16-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTeel View Post
Tapp fit into the scheme just fine. He was top 5 in the league in QB hits and just because he didn't put up sacks doesn't mean he wasn't getting pressure. As usual, he was amazing against the run. I really think he was capable of double digit sacks this season. This is a terrible deal for Seattle, the Seattle blog I post on frequently has over 1000 comments of people bitching of this deal, don't say that it isn't bad for Seattle, we got fleeced.
Good to hear.
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.

He's a really good guy, a fan favouite. Add him on Twitter and you'll see what I mean. He's really religious, but he loves all his fans and always replied to me when I sent him messages. Great guy. I'm going to miss him.
MikeTeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I hate citing Profootballfocus but I think that I'm going to here, Tapp ranked 17th overall for defensive ends. He only got 2 sacks which isn't good but he also had 15 QB hits and 13 hurries from his spot. He graded out 4th overall against the run, so he is a good run stuffer.
At first when I saw this I thought wow, this guy only had a couple sacks, but as you can tell I didn't see a whole wealth of Seahawks games because apparently this guy is a pretty good pass rusher. Sacks are a little bit overrated because usually we don't have access to hits and hurries so Pro Football Focus does a pretty good job helping people see the bigger picture. I think he's going to be a nice player opposite Trent Cole in Philadelphia.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:44 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only decent person the seahawks had on the d-line

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would I be wrong in thinking the Seahawks are going to be ******* terrible next year?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:16 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I really doubt we will get someone as good as Tapp if we use that pick on a DE, there's no one left in FA as good as he is, and there is no one on our roster who is better than he is.
But they can use a first rounder on a stud DE, one far better than a rotational guy like Tapp, and use that 4th to fill a key need elsewhere on the team.

Honestly, I don't see why people are trashing the Seahawks that much. The draft pick is worth far more than the marginal impact he was having on that defense. Not that I think that it's bad for the Eagles though. They're in a much better position to use someone like Tapp to their advantage. But for the Hawks, they're best blowing everything up and seeing what they can get.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:26 AM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
only decent person the seahawks had on the d-line
Brandon Mebane says, "Hi."
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:43 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

excellent trade for the Eagles. Not sure what if anything clemmons will add to the hawks though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:52 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really liked Tapp coming outa Virgina Tech, good move by eagles
Old 03-17-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

I'm really just in disbelief that people actually think losing Tapp is going to hurt the Seahawks. He's just another one of those short, slow, good character guys that Ruskell loved to draft. Not sure what his thinking was here, I mean Ive heard of building a fast defense, I've heard of building a big defense....but Ruskell seemed to go for the worst of both worlds.

And no fenikz, Brandon Mebane happens to be the only decent player the Seahawks had on the DL.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 03-17-2010 at 09:01 AM.
XxXdragonXxX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Would I be wrong in thinking the Seahawks are going to be ******* terrible next year?
In a word, no.