Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still hoping that the Saints sign him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
come on Patriots show something for Hamlin

he aint the Hammer for nothin
Seriously. He would be perfect, either he or Rodney could got to FS and let Eugene Wilson move to CB, with James Sanders spelling both of them...
Old 03-10-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Me too, but it's looking pretty bleak now.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Adrian Wilson and Ken Hamlin would be pimp.
I agree but the Terrence Holt signing makes that pretty much impossible now.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hes definatley a nasty guy

-he wears 26(best double digit #)
-wears a face shield
-hes ripped

remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didnt the saints draft two young safeties the past few years? Bullocks and Harper.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Didnt the saints draft two young safeties the past few years? Bullocks and Harper.
Yeah but Harper tore his ACL, and we need insurance in case his recovery get's side tracked.

Bullocks has talent but he played poorly at times last season.

So depth at safety is a big need because our backup safeties are FA's and are pretty much gone.

Regardless I don't think the Saints will sign Hamlin, after the Deon Grant deal he's probably looking to land a huge contract. I think we'll sign Kaesviharn..who's more of a mid level FA.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Yeah but Harper tore his ACL, and we need insurance in case his recovery get's side tracked.

Bullocks has talent but he played poorly at times last season.

So depth at safety is a big need because our backup safeties are FA's and are pretty much gone.

Regardless I don't think the Saints will sign Hamlin, after the Deon Grant deal he's probably looking to land a huge contract. I think we'll sign Kaesviharn..who's more of a mid level FA.
I agree but I think Hamlin would've been an upgrade over Harper, who I wasn't wild about to begin with when we reached for him in the draft last year.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree but I think Hamlin would've been an upgrade over Harper, who I wasn't wild about to begin with when we reached for him in the draft last year.
True, however I don't think we'll know the true potential of Harper unless he comes back healthy and plays significantly this season.

I can't pass judgment on him yet, because he's played so little so far. He struggled in the first game of the season, but got progressively better in each game until the injury, even making some big plays.

Don't want to sidetrack this thread into a Saints discussion though...

On another note. There's a rumor going around that the reason Hamlin hasn't been signed yet is because he has an injury of some sort, and teams are waiting until medical reports clear him.

Don't know what to take of that...
Old 03-10-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The jury is still out on Harper. I wasn't wild about the selection of him either, but after being burned by Kellen Winslow II in Week 1 he showed some vast improvement. Reminded me a lot of what Donte Whitner (whom people said Buffalo reached for as well) was doing for the Bills at the time -- I really like Harper now and I hope he fully recovers from his injury. I think he has the talent to be a very important cog in our defense for years to come.

/end Saints' discussion
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
I doubt it. Remember, Hamlin is more of a run stopping in the box type safety, whereas Collins is athletic enough that many teams scouted him as a possible CB.
Hamlin isn't that big of a need then b/c we don't need two safeties that play well in the box

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
SanFran
Rookie

SanFran hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hamlin hamlin...this dude is a great Safety but still on the market looking for a team no way now that the seashawks will sign him back so his likely destination just might be either of this teams NY Giants/Steelers/Cowboys/San Diego Chargers..
SanFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFran View Post
Hamlin hamlin...this dude is a great Safety but still on the market looking for a team no way now that the seashawks will sign him back so his likely destination just might be either of this teams NY Giants/Steelers/Cowboys/San Diego Chargers..
I'd add the Eagles as a possible team as well. We need a good SS. It is our biggest need, in fact.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
SanFran
Rookie

SanFran hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'd add the Eagles as a possible team as well. We need a good SS. It is our biggest need, in fact.
Dude it will be crazy if he does go to philly and play beside B-dawk..just might turn into the best S tandem
SanFran is offline   Reply With Quote