Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-23-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's an article about the 2-hour season finale coming up. When executive producer says we'll be left " very satisfied," I have to think it means Chuck and Sarah will quit leading us on.

A significant death scares me, but as long as it's not Jeffster, Chuck, Sarah, Casey, or Awesome, I can live with it. Anyways this is the entire article, and I highlighted a couple points I think are significant and have me geeked. Can't wait.

Quote:
You already know that Chuck’s May 24 season finale will showcase ear-splitting music. But what you may not know is that two-hour capper will also feature (warning major spoilers)…

at least one significant death, a childhood flashback with Chuck (Zachary Levi), Ellie (Sarah Lancaster), and Pops Bartwoski (Scott Bakula), and “two big game-changing twists” that exec producer Josh Schwartz promises will top last year’s. “This finale will leave fans very satisfied,” he continues, “and yet talking about what’s to come for a knock-on-wood Season 4.”

Speaking of which, Schwartz says the episode is not intended to function as a series finale should NBC do the wrong thing and cancel the show.

Much like last year, we’re putting all of our chips on the table,” he says.

We are going to drive our fans into a frenzy.”

Here are a few more “chips” to get you pumped for the big finish:

* Casey’s Crown Vic returns in a big way.
* Chuck has a mustache in the episode.
* Big Mike will have a very romantic scene with a Subway sandwich.

So, are you pumped?!?!
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/03/...nale-spoilers/

They sure are hitting us heavy with the Subway advertisements though...

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Good episode of Chuck, but not great. I'm getting tired of waiting for "it" to happen, but there are only two more episodes of the "original" 13 for season 3. Hopefully there is some sort of resolution before that, otherwise people will get even more emo than before.

On a side note, does anyone think Sarah's "red test" was to kill Shaw's wife, Eve? That chick looked a little on the younger side, and Shaw could be manipulating the entire Team Bartowski to get back at the CIA/Sarah/whoever stands in his way to get revenge for his dead wife.
That's actually a really good possibility. One that I certainly never even considered. It should be interesting to see what direction they will be going in.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck stayed steady at 1.9/5.4m viewers against a new DWTS, but 1.9 is not good enough to return, so these "steady" ratings are a really bad sign.

I would be surprised if there was another season for Chuck. I think this is the last we'll see, and then I will only watch NBC one day of the week instead of two!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Chuck stayed steady at 1.9/5.4m viewers against a new DWTS, but 1.9 is not good enough to return, so these "steady" ratings are a really bad sign.

I would be surprised if there was another season for Chuck. I think this is the last we'll see, and then I will only watch NBC one day of the week instead of two!
Stupid NBC. Why won't they try it on a different day? It's one of the few shows that's been okay (ratings wise) on an awful network. If they put it on a day with less competition (some fantastic competition, btw) I think it would do better ratings. It's like NBC wants it to fail. It's unreal.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The show was pretty steady in the 2.5/2.4./2.3 area until Daylight Savings, and then it dropped to 1.9.. and then following week it was up against a big premiere in DWTS, and stayed at 1.9. No one is really sure what to expect from here on our but it doesn't look good.

And I've wanted them to move Chuck ever since House moved on Monday Nights. No show NBC has right now will compete with DWTS, House and the CBS comedy block, so it's not surprising at all that Chuck is being hit hard in the ratings, it's just not fun to see it happen to a show that I enjoy so much.

At this point I hope they re-order it for 13 episodes and throw it on Wednesday next fall to see how it does. Right now it won't improve from 2.3 against this competition, and it could potentially get worse.

Last edited by vidae : 03-23-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does NBC really have that many shows rating out higher anyways though. I mean what the hell else is even on NBC nowadays.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

That is the major thing right now: Chuck is one of the only consistent performers the network has. Parks and Rec and Community both have lower ratings but have ALREADY been renewed, so no one is sure what is going on.

Mercy does worse than Chuck, Trauma does worse than Chuck (and is reportedly canceled already, though no one knows for sure) and Law and Order is hovering around a SERIES LOW, but it could break the record for most seasons in the next year, and that would be reason enough to renew for the network.

Parenthood was supposed to be big for NBC, but it has been lackluster as well. Parenthood is almost a lock to be renewed though from what I'm reading because NBC owns it. Warner Bros. owns Chuck, not NBC, and that is a big issue.

Right now NBC needs anything that resembles a constant audience, and Chuck is head and shoulders above everything else they have for scripted programming, but it will always be a bubble show and always be in danger of being canceled on Monday at 8. It's that simple.

The biggest thing, for me personally, is that while the show started off a bit slow and a bit meh, it has gotten so much better the last few episodes. It will suck if it gets canceled when the show found its form towards the end, because the best is ahead of us. The season finale is scheduled to air May 24th, which is 7 days AFTER the NBC Upfronts, in which they announce their schedule for the next year. No one knows if Chuck will be on it.

Last edited by vidae : 03-23-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting episode. I really dont know where they are going to go from here, but I think its absolutely necessary Sarah finds out Chuck didn't shoot that agent. I really hope that gets wrapped up before the season is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Interesting episode. I really dont know where they are going to go from here, but I think its absolutely necessary Sarah finds out Chuck didn't shoot that agent. I really hope that gets wrapped up before the season is over.
I think that is going to be resolved in either the next episode, or the thirteenth episode. It has to be.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money on the significant death....

Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. HOLY ****.

2. HOLY ****.

3. I can't believe vidae called Shaw's wife.

4. ROMO LAMPKIN.

5. HOLY ****.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Vidae spoiling me. You're an asshole.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Holy. ****. I WAS RIGHT! I WAS RIGHT! That is the best Chuck episode to date. It's better than the hotel season 2 episode and it was better than season 2 finale. What a ******* fantastic episode! The critics and showrunners were right.. it just gets better and better from here on out!

I cannot ******* wait for next week! I'm gunna go crazy!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck's trending on Twitter above Justin Bieber. That's gotta means something right? Tonight might have been my favorite episode of the entire series.

I'm all for the straightforward Chuck. 1st admitting he's a spy to Morgan than putting it all out there to Sarah and kissing her like that. Damn, he nearly turned me on. I can't wait for next week.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

All that matters is that the ratings are solid tomorrow. Anything about a 2.0 right now would be a godsend, especially considering that House and HIMYM are repeats.

Here is to hoping that the buzz on this episode was big enough to make a dent. And hopefully people realize that the bad ratings were due to circumstances outside of the shows control. Speaking of which, next monday night is the NCAA basketball national championship game.. so more things for Chuck to go up against! :(

Old 03-29-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOLY ****! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Awesome episode. I dunno if Im ready to say best ever, cause the series has some awesome ones, but it was definitely a premier episode. Nice ******* call on the twist vidae. Also, for anyone who watched BSG...ROMO! *******! LAMPKIN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

APS, Mark Sheppard has been on like every geek show ever so it's not really a nod to BSG fans that he appears.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-30-2010, 06:37 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
APS, Mark Sheppard has been on like every geek show ever so it's not really a nod to BSG fans that he appears.
Yea but Romo>anyone ever.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-30-2010, 06:55 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally caught it. Vidae, you're somewhat genius. Jeff and Lester at it again being awesome. Captain Awesome, Morgan, and Casey teaming up = even more awesome.

Anyone got a link to a preview for next week?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:00 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great episode. Love that they got the whole cast involved, seems to be a trend that when everyone is involved it is a good episode...

God Chuck is just so good, just a pity it's stuck on such a ****** and stupid network...

Speaking of which... Does anyone else remember Reunion and the awesomeness that it was for 2/3 of a season. I loved that show, still can't believe it got canned. Whenever I think of awesome shows and cancellation I think of it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Chuck jumped to a 2.1 in the demo but the overall viewership stayed the same. An increase is pretty good, but against HIMYM and House repeats, I would have liked a 2.3/2.4. I'm hoping that people get the word out about this episode and a lot of the hardcore "shippers" who left will tune in next week. All that being said, I fully expect a 2.3/2.4 next week and anything less would be unhappy times.

I read somewhere that with DVR/Hulu/NBC.com viewership, Chuck jumps up to a 2.6/2.7, which would be very good for NBC on monday night, but it is so far undocumented. Even if it were, does NBC care about that?

The main thing is, Chuck has a loyal fanbase who do watch the show, just not live. There are websites dedicated to it and the media loves it. Before last nights episode, I would have hated if it were canceled but I would have sort of understood where people are coming from. Now, though, after such an amazing episode? I just don't want it to be gone.

Here's to hoping that NBC throws it on Wednesdays after the two week hiatus!

Old 03-30-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yea but Romo>anyone ever.
Badger > Romo, not that I've gotten to BSG yet but oh well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-30-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Badger was awesome, Romo Lampkin is the greatest character in anything ever.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-30-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Anyone got a link to a preview for next week?
Do not watch this video if you don't want to see "Next week on Chuck":

You asked for it CMD!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good call vidae. My wife also called that one, I didn't see it coming though.

Anyone think Shaw has no intention of killing Sarah at all, and instead is taking her somewhere to kill whoever gave her the order? He has to know it was her red test and that she didn't know who she was taking out.

Sarah's hypocrisy was a little annoying, I'm glad they're not dwelling on that angle a bunch.

Good episode, I wouldn't call it the best at all though.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote