Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 01-08-2010, 05:47 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
If he falls.
I honestly think it can happen

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
If he falls.
There's a very real chance that it could happen. Especially if the draft ends up with the Rams taking Clausen & the Redskins taking Bradford. But at this point, it's all just speculation and as we get closer to the draft the picture will get clearer. But at the moment it is definitely a very real possibility

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:19 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Here's how I hope it turns out mock wise:

1a: Eric Berry

1b: Mike Iupati

2: Ryan Matthews

4: Freddie Barnes

Just doing the top 4 players I want really lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
Here's how I hope it turns out mock wise:

1a: Eric Berry

1b: Mike Iupati

2: Ryan Matthews

4: Freddie Barnes

Just doing the top 4 players I want really lol.
You want to take a G with a late 1st-early 2nd grade at #14. Now if Iupati is there in the second, yeah I'm with you on taking him, but I would be extremely upset if they took him at 14 UNLESS he turns out to be Steve Hutchison good.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Matthews in round 2? I don't see the hype. I'd much rather have Best/Spiller at 14 and go OL in round two, but still there are better running backs than Ryan Matthews to spend a 2nd rounder on.

but I do love Freddie Barnes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:00 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly i think with all our picks we go bpa, if that means not getting the top ot im fine with that. this team is in a rebuilding mode and we need all the talent we can get.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
Honestly i think with all our picks we go bpa, if that means not getting the top ot im fine with that. this team is in a rebuilding mode and we need all the talent we can get.
I think you're probably right although i would target a handful of positions and then take BPA. For me i would wait a year on the QB (you know who) plus i dont think they would draft TE,G or C and probably wouldnt take a LB either.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think you're probably right although i would target a handful of positions and then take BPA. For me i would wait a year on the QB (you know who) plus i dont think they would draft TE,G or C and probably wouldnt take a LB either.
If Iupati is there in the second it could be hard to pass on him though, and personally I think they do need some help on the interior of the line. You had Mike Gibson starting there at the end! But yeah, no TE or C. I wouldn't be opposed to taking a flier on one of those QB's in the middle rounds, because at the end of the day, they don't stop you from taking Locker, and who knows, they might just pan out.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paraphrasing so I don't get in trouble here...

In Kiper's latest mailbag, when asked about Taylor Mays he said that he had conversations with some people who have a very solid idea of who Mays is as a player and after those conversations he said it wouldn't shock him to see Mays name called in round 2.

I'm just trying to connect the dots here, but who would have the kind of weight to make Kiper say he very well might be a second round pick? If I was guessing, I would say people involved with the USC program which makes me feel that it's not likely we take him at 14.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Paraphrasing so I don't get in trouble here...

In Kiper's latest mailbag, when asked about Taylor Mays he said that he had conversations with some people who have a very solid idea of who Mays is as a player and after those conversations he said it wouldn't shock him to see Mays name called in round 2.

I'm just trying to connect the dots here, but who would have the kind of weight to make Kiper say he very well might be a second round pick? If I was guessing, I would say people involved with the USC program which makes me feel that it's not likely we take him at 14.
I think Mel's sources would be NFL GMs or scouts not college types.

As for Mays he goes in the first round soley on being a freak athlete and starting 4 years at SC. Let's see how he looks at the combine before we (or you) give up on him completely. By the way if you can guarantee he'll be there at #38 i'm all in.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think Mel's sources would be NFL GMs or scouts not college types.

As for Mays he goes in the first round soley on being a freak athlete and starting 4 years at SC. Let's see how he looks at the combine before we (or you) give up on him completely. By the way if you can guarantee he'll be there at #38 i'm all in.
One thing to remember that Mays is likely going to blow up the combine. However if he doesn't run a 4.4 he very easily could fall. I think as a player he is a second rounder, but as a athlete I doubt that there is anybody who can match his size speed combo, making him a first rounder. So outside of Clausen and Bradford, I don't think anyone needs a strong showing at the combine than Mays

Old 03-01-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished up a 24 round NFL mock draft. We should have had more rounds but we couldn't change it in the middle of the draft so it is what it is.

1.13 QB Ben Roethlisberger
2.20 NT Vince Wilfork
3.13 UT Jay Ratliff
4.20 CB Sheldon Brown
5.27 RT Jon Stinchcomb
6.20 LG Carl Nicks
7.13 FS Antoine Bethea
8.20 DE Antwan Odom
9.13 LT Donald Penn
10.7 CB Kelvin Hayden
10.20 RG Branden Albert
11.13 OLB Will Witherspoon
12.20 DE Mathais Kiwanuka
13.13 TE John Carlson
14.20 WR Devin Aromashodu
15.13 C Jonathan Goodwin
17.13 RB Tashard Choice
18.20 WR Chris Chambers
19.13 OLB Zac Diles
20.20 SS Deon Grant
21.13 MLB Dannell Ellerbe
22.20 K Olindo Mare
23.13 P/KOS Pat McAfee
24.20 (Traded for RB Justin Forsett)

QB- Ben Roethlisberger
RB- Tashard Choice, Justin Forsett
WR- Devin Aromashodu, Chris Chambers
TE- John Carlson
OT- LT Donald Penn RT Jon Stinchcomb
G- LG Carl Nicks, RG Branden Albert
C- Jonathan Goodwin

DE- Antwan Odom, Mathais Kiwanuka
DT- NT Vince Wilfork, UT Jay Ratliff
OLB- Will Witherspoon, Zac Diles
MLB- Dannell Ellerbe
CB- Sheldon Brown, Kelvin Hayden
FS- Antoine Bethea
SS- Deon Grant

K- Olindo Mare
P- Pat McAfee
KOS- Pat McAfee
PR/KR Justin Forsett
Old 03-04-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

No comments on my squad? :(
Old 03-06-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Brandon Marshall is in Seattle today. Do you want him and at what price? If this goes down our entire draft is going to be impacted.

Personally, I don't want the Hawks to sign him straight up. It would be the stupidest possible thing to do. Forfeiting either one of our first round picks just does not seem smart for a WR with character issues. The other thing is if they do sign/trade for Marshall, I find it hard to believe that they'll take Spiller in the first. Whatever first rounder they still have is going to have to be spent on an OT at that point.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Brandon Marshall is in Seattle today. Do you want him and at what price? If this goes down our entire draft is going to be impacted.

Personally, I don't want the Hawks to sign him straight up. It would be the stupidest possible thing to do. Forfeiting either one of our first round picks just does not seem smart for a WR with character issues. The other thing is if they do sign/trade for Marshall, I find it hard to believe that they'll take Spiller in the first. Whatever first rounder they still have is going to have to be spent on an OT at that point.
I would love to get Marshall for pick 14. He's one of the elite WRs in the NFL and even if he isn't the most intelligent person he gets it done on the field. The Ravens only put a 1st round tender on Jared Gaither and I would love to get him for the #14 as well. He's better than any of the LTs in this draft class.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Only issue here is you wouldn't be able to sign either player without losing your #6 not the 14th. You lose your pick and the 14th pick is Denver's pick originally.

How serious do you think you guys are about taking Gaither though?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my mock right now, I have the Seahawks taking Eric Berry over Trent Williams at #6 with Okung and Bulaga off the board. For pick #14, Anthony Davis and CJ Spiller are both off the board. Who would you direction would the Seahawks go in that situation?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
In my mock right now, I have the Seahawks taking Eric Berry over Trent Williams at #6 with Okung and Bulaga off the board. For pick #14, Anthony Davis and CJ Spiller are both off the board. Who would you direction would the Seahawks go in that situation?

Charles Brown, Joe Haden, Derrick Morgan would be my top 3 if available.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would guess Spiller, Bryant, or Morgan in that order.

Remember, Alex Gibbs isn't huge on franchise LTs. He had guys like Salaam, Lepsis, Shaffer, and Wayne Gandy on the Falcons and Broncos. He was not there when the Broncos drafted Clady or the Falcons drafted Baker.

Plus, they've been linked to Jared Veldheer, which may or may not indicate that they will address OT in the second round.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Remember, Alex Gibbs isn't huge on franchise LTs. He had guys like Salaam, Lepsis, Shaffer, and Wayne Gandy on the Falcons and Broncos. He was not there when the Broncos drafted Clady or the Falcons drafted Baker.

Plus, they've been linked to Jared Veldheer, which may or may not indicate that they will address OT in the second round.
I am well aware of this. This is why I am hesitant to give the Seahawks a LT at #6.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I'd personally rather Williams over Berry otherwise they are going to be left holding the bag for a Tackle. At #14 i'll take Taylor Mays and then Gerhart at #60. I've been consistant with those picks (actually would rather Booyalaga) so no need to panic now.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gonna stick this thread. Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

With the way things went I couldn't have asked for a better first round. Awesome job Pete.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I was actually pretty surprised. At 14 I was dreading getting Taylor Mays, then they drafted Thomas and I was ecstatic. Only later did I realize that we'd passed on Bryant, but Thomas is going to do great things on our defense.

And Okung made me very very happy :D

Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

I was predicting Mays all along so i guess that shows how much i know. Thomas was a nice pick but i dont see him as a run stopper more an extra corner out there. Will be interested in seeing who they target in the 2nd, should be a fair amount of big backs available.