Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rank the NFC East and their likely records next season.

I know the draft is still ahead, as well as free agency, but still do it just for fun.

Also I think a good idea for a forum would be to have a divisional forum, like what we have for team forums.

Anyways heres what I think and why

Giants (11-5)- I think the G-Men, when healthy, are a great football team. Last year we had the most difficult schedule in the league. This year is a cakewalk in comparasion. Plus i predict a breakout season for Eli

Eagles (10-6)- Not too much has changed for the Eagles. This is assuming that Mcnabb doesnt suffer a hangover from that injury, or suffer another one... In a way this is a make or break season for Mcnabb. If he struggles or doesnt finish the season out, theres gonna be a lot of talk about him. But I think the Eagles are gonna be about the same as they were last year. They got a solid team and should make the Playoffs as a wildcard.

Cowboys (9-7)- I really dont know what they lack on offense. They have 2 great recievers, a good running attack, a good TE, and a top 10 offensive line. However, I think that Romo is more of a flash in the pan, rather then a great QB. Not that I think he will suck, but I think that he will be a pretty average QB next year. Plus theres some question marks on D.

Redskins (5-11)- they made some offseason moves, but they always do. I think that they are gonna regress this season. There complete lack of a draft (minus #6 overall) is gonna come back to hurt them imo. Plus they have an inexpeirenced QB
Old 03-11-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

is it me or do you start an ungodly amount of threads?

anyways the east of the national conference

New York Giants 11-5

Philadelphia Eagles 10-6

Washington Redskins 8-8

Dallas Cowboys 7-9

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IMO 2nd toughest division in the NFL, the first being the AFC North.

1. Eagles 11-5

2. Dallas 10-6

3. Giants 10-6

4. Redskins 7-9
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA PACKER View Post
IMO 2nd toughest division in the NFL, the first being the AFC North.

1. Eagles 11-5

2. Dallas 10-6

3. Giants 10-6

4. Redskins 7-9
so you think that the skins win almost all of their non conference games?

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol @ the thread....but anyway...

Dallas (12-4)
Philly (11-5)
NYG (7-9)
Wash (4-12)
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Way too early for this but as of right now-

Eagles (11-5)

Cowboys (10-6)

Giants (10-6)

Redskins (5-11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so sick of the NFC East. That one division dominates this whole forum. You will not see a cornucopia of threads specifically about any other division. It simply does not happen.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I am so sick of the NFC East. That one division dominates this whole forum. You will not see a cornucopia of threads specifically about any other division. It simply does not happen.
I know, im sick of it too.

BTW, OT, that reminds me. Are you guys going to be doing those division roundups? I think you did one for NFC North and AFC North too
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interest really died down. So I don't know what the plan is.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Interest really died down. So I don't know what the plan is.
Ah. Thats a shame, i enjoyed them.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree Shiver, NFC East and the Big10 dominate this forum.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
I agree Shiver, NFC East and the Big10 dominate this forum.
Not only does it dominate the threads, in terms of percentages. Homers are much more plentiful. It's painful to read most of it.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:19 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles (9-7) - Depth should be a concern
Cowboys (9-7) - New coach, new system = adjustment year
Giants (8-8) - Tiki's loss will be worse than expected
Redskins (7-9) - Gibbs will not coach after this
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:01 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not even April yet, and we're already knee-deep in threads about this overrated division. Asininity at its best.

Last edited by Geo : 03-11-2007 at 04:19 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:28 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Plus theres some question marks on D.
I don't know who's gonna win the division and I really don't know who is the better team, but how can you say the Cowboys will have a worst record than the Giants in part because they have some question marks on D?
If there's a team with some problems on defense this team is New York. You lost both your starting OLBs, youe DTs are still so and so, Strahan is getting old, and your CBs, wow they're ugly. Will Demps is not good and I don't know if Gibril Wilson could bounce back afther last season.
The Cowboys have problems on defense (they will find a truce centerfield? they will put some pressure? the new scheme can help them with coverage issues?), and they have some questions on offense (will Davis perform well? will Romo bounce back? will Glenn and Owens have an injury-free season? will Garrett be a good OC? Was Colombo a one year wonder? Can Flozell play solid?), but the Giants' defense is pretty ugly.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:04 AM    (permalink
omecool20

1-Redskins
2-Eagles
3- Cowboys
4- Giants

I am basing that on how the Skins n the Eagles have been relatively stable in the FA market. Boys n Giants have some holes n new personnel integration stuff to deal with.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:24 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

This easy:

1. Cowboys 13-3
2. Eagles 10-6
3. Redskins 8-8
4. Giants 6-10

GiantsRutgersFan, are you serious? The Giants are easily the worst team in the East right now. You have no secondary, no linebackers besides peirce, Strahan is average now, and Osi gets hurt all the time. ANd offense, you lost tiki. And we have question, the only whole on the Cowboys entire team is FS.

The giants are lucky to pick out of the top 10 in next years draft.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a bit ridiculous to get it going at such an early stage on discussions on specific records. Heck, even discussing order is early. But I'll do it anyways. Based on current rosters and forecasting ...

1. Dallas Cowboys - Of course, it depends on if Tony Romo can develop, beacuse, well, they need him to develop. It also depends on if Jason Garrett is ready to call plays. Those are two huge unknowns. But a healthy Anthony Henry should provide much better secondary play, they should be adding a DB piece this offseason, and the OL is a bit better. By no means are the Cowboys a great team on paper as of now, and I'd guess anywhere from 7-10 wins.

2. Washington Redskins - 2-headed monster at RB should help protect Jason Campbell, but like the Cowboys, the development of the young QB here will be huge. Will Al Saunders and Joe Gibbs be in sync? Will Saunders and Gregg Williams be in sync? Offensive line needs to add a piece in there. Offseason has helped address some depth issues, as London Fletcher-Baker creates depth at LB (as McIntosh likely beomes a bench guy), Fred Smoot/Travis Fisher give key depth at CB, and Ross Tucker helps on the line. More line depth is needed on both sides, as one DT and one DE would be ideal, and adding another safety to the mix to challenge is probably worth it, unless Archuleta suddenly earns his keep (if he's even around ... still some speculation he might get cut). A bigger receiver would help. I'd guess, as of now, anywhere from 6-9 wins.

3. Philadelphia Eagles - The concern here is the defense. Will their young pieces improve, and will Jevon Kearse stay healthy enough to have a significant impact? The struggles at the POA exposed much of the defense last year. This isn't a defense that, if their DL struggles at the POA, can hold up consistently. Offensively, I still wonder if they can committ to the run game with McNabb back, and if Donovan gets hurt, there's no Jeff Garcia around anymore, and the jury is still out on how capable AJ Feeley is coming on in relief. The WR loss of Stallworth won't hurt as much as it sounds, but it will hurt nonetheless, as he offered some vertical speed. Integrating WR's into the system has always been a concern, so it'll be interesting to track what happens at the position. Still, should be a solid all around team, and expectations as of now is 6-9 wins.

4. New York Giants - Harsh to drop them to 4th, but it's a tough division, and more importantly, it's a competitively balanced division. It's a hard sell right now on the Giants, offensively and defensively. Sure, most of their offseason moves have made sense ... but they haven't added the upgrades yet. Trusting Diehl/Whimper at LT to protect Eli? Very iffy. Reuben Droughns seemed to lose a step and is an odd fit in terms of style with Brandon Jacobs, and Jacobs himself is a question mark. WR depth is still a concern, especially if the safety net of Amani Toomer gets hurt, as that had a significant impact on Eli. Secondary still needs an upgrade for them to likely play as aggressively as they would desire, and I'm still not a huge fan of that DT tandem inside. Do they have the linebacking support next to Antonio Pierce (although I do like Wilkinson)? I think watching the locker room will be interesting, as that's never been the most harmonious locker room, and any difficulties might impact things. At the end of the day, it all falls on the development of Eli Manning, and it's uncertain if he can take that step without an upgraded supporting cast. But a lot of time left this offseason. Guess for now is 5-8 wins.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early for this.

And does it really matter? We base our predictions based on talented accumulated on the roster of each team.

Well, look at the NFC South.

The last 2 division winners were the Bucs and Saints. Two teams that nobody thought would win the division.

The NFC East, the past 2 division winners were the Giants and Eagles. Both teams were considered bottom tier the years they won the division.

The bottom line is in today's league of parity, its impossible to say who will win the division.

The 2 most important aspects of today's game are health/quality depth, and coaching. Staying healthy/deep and good coaching adjustments are the 2 most important keys to winning football games today.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 03-11-2007 at 09:50 AM.
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And seriously, we haven't even finished FA yet and we have an inordinate amount of NFC East threads. To my fellow NFC East guys, let's keep it in moderation please. This is why we get a bad rap.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

giants-16-0
eagles-0-16
cowgirls-0-16
redskins-0-16

lol
Old 03-11-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
giants-16-0
eagles-0-16
cowgirls-0-16
redskins-0-16

lol
That is a GREAT sig picture. Where did you find it? Leonard Marshall holds a special key to my heart....
Old 03-11-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

I do agree that it is way to early for this.

But talent wise, I think we will all agree that the Cowboys have the most talent, by a good amount.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
I do agree that it is way to early for this.

But talent wise, I think we will all agree that the Cowboys have the most talent, by a good amount.
why are you so annoying.. and you got DESTROYED last year when the giants were healthy.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Lol @ the thread....but anyway...

Dallas (12-4)
Philly (11-5)
NYG (7-9)
Wash (4-12)
ya giantrutgers fan im not sure if we r an 11-5 team finishing 1st in the nfc east, as a giants fan i cant see it- we are in a rebuilding period and have holes all over our team

i agree with these records- id say the gmen go 8-8 again however

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote