Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-29-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Duke is getting all the calls down the stretch. No surprise at all.
Oh gosh, spare me.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
Well Vitale is a former D1 & NBA coach himself.
He was a HS basketball coach that stumbled into an NBA gig. Nothing too impressive on his resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Oh gosh, spare me.
What? Did you not see the atrocious call that completely killed all momentum Baylor had and gave Duke the lead in the final two minutes? Then the subsequent calls?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
Well Vitale is a former D1 & NBA coach himself.
I have to wonder if he was a drastically different person then. I don't know how anyone could take him seriously as a coach if he was at all like the guy we see today.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
to be fair, madden was a former coach. and he was atrocious, except for sentimental reasons, for his last few seasons. i think he'd average like, half a sentence of actual insight during any game for his last three years in the booth.

vitale's basically the same, except that, where madden's senility made him kind of lovable, vitale's rabid ACC fanaticism just makes me hate him.
Well when Madden's mind started going from all the grease in his body he had a big time downward spiral sure. He wasnt a bad announcer when he was a bit 'younger'.

Quote:
He was a HS basketball coach that stumbled into an NBA gig. Nothing too impressive on his resume.
He may have stumbled onto an NBA job but he was a real good coach for the Detroit Titans.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:48 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Butler is seriously under-rated. The AP had them as the 11th best team at the end of the year. Because of where the tournament placed them, they made them a 5. They could have easily been a 2 in another bracket. If they beat Michigan State (and I'd bet money on it if I were not a broke college student), you have to believe that the game against Duke/WVU will be insane.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:41 AM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm number one in the NFLDC yahoo tournament pickem group. My bracket is best of the crappy ones. What a weird year.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of final four stories, my dad found really cheap final 4 tickets a few years ago. for like $30. i wondered how the hell he got them and was really excited... then i realized he had bought tickets for the div-2 championship game... not the final four, he had no clue. i was pretty young, so i started whining and got pretty upset at him for wasting money.

all i wanted was to see some good basketball
this is what I saw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XafWnuJWYvA

life changing
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/...fies-odds.html

Huge fan of 538. Nice breakdown of what an incredible coach Tom Izzo is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-29-2010 at 10:44 AM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Wall, Scottie Reynolds, Evan Turner, Wes Johnson, and DeMarcus Cousins are this year's first-team All-Americans.

Really happy for Scottie, at least a slightly positive note to end a disappointing season. As much as he had his ups and downs he was always a favorite player of mine and he'll really be missed.

Turner, Wall, and Johnson not at all surprising. Reynolds could have not ended up on the team and depending who was in his place I wouldn't have batted an eye, same with Cousins though he was obviously great this year.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Da'Sean on the second team. Would have liked to have seen him on the first, o well.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What? Did you not see the atrocious call that completely killed all momentum Baylor had and gave Duke the lead in the final two minutes? Then the subsequent calls?
You come off as implying the refs handed Duke the game and that one call completely decided the game. Was it a block by Zoubek? Yeah, probably... But that one call did not completely decide the game. Maybe Baylor should have stopped Duke from making wide open 3 balls.

Which subsequent calls? I sure missed them.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
John Wall, Scottie Reynolds, Evan Turner, Wes Johnson, and DeMarcus Cousins are this year's first-team All-Americans.

Really happy for Scottie, at least a slightly positive note to end a disappointing season. As much as he had his ups and downs he was always a favorite player of mine and he'll really be missed.

Turner, Wall, and Johnson not at all surprising. Reynolds could have not ended up on the team and depending who was in his place I wouldn't have batted an eye, same with Cousins though he was obviously great this year.
So I just read that Turner received all but 1 vote for first team.

Someone really didn't vote Turner 1st team?

Wall was also left off 3 first teams.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Singler deserved a vote or two (except after that last game lol)
Old 03-29-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much what I expected for the All American team. Let's see everyone's final four picks.

Butler over Michigan St.
West Virginia over Duke

West Virginia over Butler
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Pretty much what I expected for the All American team. Let's see everyone's final four picks.

Butler over Michigan St.
West Virginia over Duke

West Virginia over Butler

Michigan over Butler
WVU over Duke

WVU Winner.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duke over WVU (hate it, but I'm a realist)
MSU over Butler

MSU over Duke, just cause I like Izzo more than Coach K ;)

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Butler over Sparty
WVU over Duke

WVU over Butler.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Butler over MSU

WVU over the Dukies

-WVU to win it all
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Butler over Michigan State
Duke over West VA.

Duker over Michigan State

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
BJJ3rd
Rookie

BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd

idk if this has been mentioned yet or not, but i just saw on ESPN that Oregon is expected to try to grab Izzo and make him the highest paid coach in the country.

sorry if this was already posted.

Sig By BoneKrusher
BJJ3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Izzo has turned down NBA jobs in the past so I really doubt he goes to Oregon for the money.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, no chance Izzo leaves to Oregon. MSU will give him a hefty raise, and he'll keep going to FF's right where he's at.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha, Oregon? Yeah right. I really don't think there's any job Izzo would leave Michigan State for. Not UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, and certainly not Oregon.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm gonna agree with you here, i really don't think there's any job out there that can pull Izzo out of East Lansing. It's no surprise that the most successful coach out there is the one that keeps his players for at least three years. The powerhouse recruiting schools are where all the one and dones go.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Not to mention he could massacre a litter of kittens and the entire Michigan St. fanbase would still worship him.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-29-2010 at 11:16 PM.