Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The McNabb Commemoration Thread

Last year when the Eagles chose to let Brian Dawkins walk I was truly upset. Dawk had been a big impact player on our defense and by far our biggest vocal leader for so long I just couldn't picture the team running out of the tunnel, not being led by number 20. Then the season came and went, and following an unusual first round exit at the hands of the Cowboys I was ready for another uneventful offseason in Philly. My assumptions would soon prove to be wrong when the Eagles began with their big youth movement. It started with the cutting of Westbrook. Then came the likes of Will Witherspoon, Shawn Andrews and Kevin Curtis and finally it ended when the Eagles traded Sheldon Brown to the Browns, or so I thought. Amidst all these players being released and Brown being traded were the ongoing rumours that McNabb was going to be dealt. I didn't buy them for one second and I had faith that Andy was going to stick to his guns and keep number 5 in Philadelphia. I thought the longer it went, the less likely it was that a trade would happen, but I was wrong. I was shocked to learn that McNabb had been traded and to the division rival Redskins at that. It's a sad day to be an Eagles fan no matter how you feel about the trade. McNabb was THE greatest player to ever have dawned the green and silver and although many Eagles fans didn't always show their love for him, I know they feel the same way. Since being drafted back in '99 Donovan McNabb has been nothing short of the class of this organization and I wish him nothing but the best. I can't help but think next season I'll be secretly rooting for the Skins even when they play my beloved Eagles. I wish you nothing but the best Donovan and it's just a shame that you weren't able to finish your career in green and silver and deliver this city a long awaited Lombardi trophy like many Eagles veterans before you. Thank you for making this decade infinitely better than the last for us Eagles fans. You will truly be missed.