Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 05-12-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cardinals 2010 Draft Thread

Discuss anything about the draft here. Could be players the Cardinals are looking at, etc.

As of right now, I would say the Cardinals greatest needs are:
- 3-4 OLB
- 3-4 ILB (Dansby might leave, could always improve)
- 3-4 DE (depends how Campbell turns out, but some depth could still be useful)
- OT
- C (depends how Sendlein does, obviously the coaches think pretty high of him)
- TE

Some players of interest for me (relative to where the Cardinals might be picking):
Sean Weatherspoon, 3-4 ILB
Rob Gronkowski, TE
Greg Hardy, 3-4 OLB
Everson Griffen, 3-4 OLB
Ndamukong Suh, 3-4 DE (not very likely)
Rolando McClain, 3-4 ILB

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, QB might be addressed with 2010 being Leinart's last year under contract, not sure if you have the needs in order but this is how i would put them

3-4 OLB
TE
3-4 ILB
C
OT
3-4 DL Depth

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I didn't have them in order, I was just putting them down as I thought of them.

I don't think QB will be addressed with a first day/3rd round pick until Leinart is given another fair shot at starting. He hasn't had a good opportunity since '07? or maybe even '06.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-20-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting to lean a lot more towards a OT in the 1st, Gandy is just terrible and Brown isn't much better, we clearly had too much faith in Grimm, he really hasn't improved the o-line that much

Old 11-28-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

quick cards mock

1. Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
2. Jeremy Beal DE/OLB Oklahoma
3. Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky
4. Ekom Udofia NT Stanford
5. Shawn Lauvao OG Arizona State
6. Dexter McCluster ATH Ole Miss
7. Jerome Murphy CB USF

Old 12-21-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Still leaning towards 3-4 Pass Rushing OLB/OT as our biggest needs, Gandy has added injuries to his list of negatives, and it would be great if we could get pressure without having to blitz up the middle, we do this a lot and teams have started to notice it and gash us for big gains to the outside

I'm starting to look at some later round prospects and a guy who stands out to me is Newberry WR Kelton Tindal, we still lack a receiver with that extra gear who can spread the field deep. Listed between 6'2-3 and 185-200 he has been clocked in the low 4.1s on his junior proday and seems like he could be a legit 4.2 guy, the only video i could find is him taking a WR sweep to the house but I just like the idea of having someone who can stretch the defense vertically, Fitz is all we have right now for that and he is always double or triple covered, but as a project if he could replicate the stuff that Desean Jackson is doing in a few years that would be great

Old 12-22-2009, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely need some speed on offense. I would be happy with a speedy scat back or wr/returner. Although I love everything about LSH so it would be a shame if he lost out on touches. Breaston is pretty much the definition of a solid reliable punt returner but whenever he is back there I don't expect anything explosive.

On Gandy it looks like he is most likely done for the season, time to see what Bridges has over the next few games.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I hope that Herman Johnson and Brandon Keith can get some playing the last 2 games as well, would really like to see how they are developing

Old 12-25-2009, 01:50 AM    (permalink
AussieBoy
Rookie

AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I hope that Herman Johnson and Brandon Keith can get some playing the last 2 games as well, would really like to see how they are developing
Be good to get an idea how they're going and what we have. With Gandy gone and a veteran journeyman taking over, we're going to need an answer pretty soon. Best way to get a good OT is through the draft, and get one early. Will we be picking too low to grab a good prospect?
AussieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:40 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I like the depth of the OTs in this draft, after Okung there isn't a clear cut #2 and there is a good possibility that one of them will fall to us

Bruce Campbell Maryland
Anthony Davis Rutgers
Trent Williams Oklahoma
Brian Buluga Iowa
Charles Brown USC
Jason Fox Miami

the last 2 have a chance to either prove themselves as 1st rounders or slip into the 2nd or even 3rd round with their post season performances, Bruce Campbell of Maryland may also slip a lot if he post season workouts are up to par but Campbell as well as Davis could put themself in the top 10 with good workouts

of course its not guaranteed that all of the underclassmen declare

BPA will in all likely-hood decide what position we pick could conceivable see us going OT OLB TE OG ILB NT and even FS or QB and a outside shot at WR if we trade Boldin, but with such a deep WR class i don't feel that we would get the best value for him

Last edited by fenikz : 12-25-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:12 AM    (permalink
AussieBoy
Rookie

AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.

Haven't seen a lot from Canfield, H Johnson, R Johnson, Toler, or C Brown, and Keith from 2008 has high wraps but is also largely unknown, which all adds a lot of intrigue for me as to the Team's direction this draft given the perceived needs. ILB & OT jump out at me.
QB is an interesting one. Warner's time is limited (will this year be enough?) and with nothing behind Leinart, we'll need another body soon.
AussieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Canfield is on the practice squad, R Johnson and Toler both play a lot in our dime package and Cody Brown broke his wrist preseason and was put on IR

Old 03-07-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

just a quick Cards mock

1. Bruce Campbell LT Maryland
2. Ricky Sapp OLB Clemson
3a. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB Indiana(PA)
3b. Jamar Chaney ILB Mississippi State
4. Jevan Snead QB Ole Miss
5. Mike Williams WR Syracuse
6. Clay Harbor TE Missouri State
7. Cody Grimm S Virginia Tech

Old 03-08-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Not sure if Campbell will be there at our pick anymore after his combine performance, but I am hoping he is. Sapp in the 2nd would be amazing. Has Owusu-Ansah risen that far up the boards? I thought he was a mid-late round pick, but haven't seen his combine numbers yet. I would be a little scared to take a flyer on Snead, but it may be beneficial. Rest look like they fill positions of need, don't really know too much about them.

BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it but I wouldn't mind us targeting a future NT in the middle of the draft somewhere. Think we lost our 5th in the Boldin trade as well.

I keep reading about how high the staff are on Will Davis and if we end up signing Porter our rotation would be Porter/Haggans/Brown/Davis/Baggs. Decent but I hope it doesn't mean we skip OLB in the draft because it looks like there is a lot of edge rusher talent this year. Maybe we can target O'Brien Schofield and sit him for a year while he recovers.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

bored again

1. Jerry Hughes OLB TCU
2. LaMarr Houston NT Texas
3a. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB Indiana(PA)
3b. Sean Lee ILB Penn State
4. John Skelton QB Fordham
7. Kelton Tindal WR Newberry

I like the 4 small school prospect part

Old 04-03-2010, 05:16 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

and another

1. Devin McCourty CB Rutgers
2. Thaddeus Gibson OLB Ohio State
3a. Jamar Chaney ILB Mississippi State
3b. Andre Roberts WR The Citadel
4. A.J. Jefferson CB Fresno State
7. Arthur Moats OLB James Madison

Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

What's the scoop on Gibson? Haven't heard much on him and he hasn't been mentioned among the top edge rushers, but is he a good fit at 3-4 OLB?

BoneKrusher
Old 04-22-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

So Dan Williams is the pick. Really didn't think he would fall that far but was probably the guy I wanted most. Our FO has done a good job the last few years of being patient and getting good value in the first.

Not a Clausen fan so was happy we passed him up.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Ya huge steal, was the #1 guy who I thought could maybe fall to us. Whis and Graves seem very very happy about him. Now I would love to move up for Kindle, I think he fits perfectly at ILB in our defense

Old 04-23-2010, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Love the Williams pick. Should solidify the NT position for the Cards for awhile and help anchor the defense. I would also look to move up for Kindle and maybe Campbell/Brown. If not, hope Daryl Washington is still around with our 2nd rounder. Still think we need an OT to protect Leinart.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Quote:
Ya huge steal, was the #1 guy who I thought could maybe fall to us. Whis and Graves seem very very happy about him. Now I would love to move up for Kindle, I think he fits perfectly at ILB in our defense
Definitely. I really want us to be aggressive and target a couple of impact players.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Daryl Washington, love it, we are predictable but so good at drafting

who we gonna grab in the 3rd, I'm a big AOA fan, Griffen still on the board but i don't like him in the 3-4, Bruce Campbell as well

Old 04-23-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Also a big fan of Roberts, started looking at him during the forum mock and he tape is amazing. Obviously vs lower level talent but it's how he plays that stands out the most. If you can catch you can catch no matter who is guarding you, great hands, goes out and grabs the ball doesn't let it come into his pads.

Jbond feel's he will be pushing Doucet for the #3 jump right away

Old 04-23-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Quote:
Daryl Washington, love it, we are predictable but so good at drafting

who we gonna grab in the 3rd, I'm a big AOA fan, Griffen still on the board but i don't like him in the 3-4, Bruce Campbell as well
I really like the Washington pick as well, seems like we were considering him in the first if Williams was off the board. The Spikes fan in me wishes we had stayed put and grabbed him (keeping the third) but to be honest we needed someone with speed and he wasn't it. It seems like we have been good against power type runners the last few years but speedy guys ran circles around our ancient LBs. Be a nice change to have a faster guy back there.

Roberts is a good pick as well. I have faith in Early but there is not much behind the top three receivers. Wouldn't have minded a taking a flyer on Bruce Campbell, but who knows he may still be there for us later on.

Who do you think we go after tomorrow? Wouldn't mind AOA or Cox otherwise if Campbell make it to us I could see him being the pick. Still some good TE talent out there as well.