Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Well I don't hate LenDale or Vince, but I am very concerned. They've only went backwards since the season ended. Travis Henry was one of, if not the biggest cog in their late season run. They didn't add any receivers to help out Vince, while losing the top two that they currently had. Not to mention the defense, as you mentioned, isn't good at all.
Henry put up good overall numbers last season, but if you look at his game by game stats he really just ripped the terrible run defenses and completely disappeared against the good ones...I think a lot of his success was due to the threat of Vince on the bootleg...the defense had to contain the edge on Vince, so the middle was more free for Henry to pound it...he was good dont get me wrong...but I think he is replaceable...Bennett was an alright WR but he had a ton of drops last season...multiple times he would be open way down the field, Vince would hit him perfect, and he would drop it...a lot of missed opportunities...purely looking at stats it appears the Titans lost quite a bit...but if you watch the games you know that they didnt
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Jaguars (16-0)
4. Texans (2-14)
4. Titans (2-14)
4. Colts (2-14)

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
1. Jaguars (16-0)
4. Texans (2-14)
4. Titans (2-14)
4. Colts (2-14)
Hopefully.

But in all seriousness...

1. Colts (13-3)
2. Jaguars (11-5)
3. Titans (7-9)
4. Texans (5-11)
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with anything that puts the Titans in the 6-10 to the 9-7 range.

We have a rough schedule next year...again, and we've only lost good players. Even if they are replaceable, we haven't improved at all.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts 12-4
Jags 8-8
Titans 6-10
Texans 5-11
Old 03-11-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guesses as of now ...

1. Jaguars - Been pushing them a couple years ... can they actually come through? I think Koetter should be a big improvement from Carl Smith, and the horses are in place to create a strong offense. They are well situated to add assets to the defense this year. Could it be their year?

2. Colts - So I'll go against them in the division at this early stage. Doesn't mean I don't think they are going to the playoffs. But I'd like to see how the defense is addressed and how the new pieces adjust and fit in. It all looks good with preseason and limited opportunities, but let's see what happens.

3. Titans - Team overachieved a bit, and still has to go through a likely rocky learning curve for Vince Young. if Vince continues to step up and grow, then Norm Chow deserves a lot of credit and a head coaching gig somewhere.

4. Texans - Tough division.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colts 13-3
Jaguars 11-5
Titans 9-7
Texans 5-11

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The loss of Henry concerns me very greatly. A lot of people aren't worried about it, because they like Lendale, but I think they're in for a rude awakening. I've kept quiet about him, because I generally don't like to get involved in Intra-Division discussions, as nobody's mind is going to get changed, anyways. I try to stay as unbiased as possible, so I'm not just saying that because Lendale is a Titan.

Truth be told, I think Lendale is a complete lop. He doesn't run hard or with power, and just uses his fat body to fall forward. To me, he, TJ Duckett, Ron Dayne, and Michael Bush are all the same player. Because of their great size to speed ratio, they dominate in college ball, but people don't really analyze their running styles. They just go ga-ga over a guy that weighs 235 pounds and can run a 4.5.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offseason has been quiet but it hasn't been as bad as it may look. Saying the Titans lost their two best WR's is a bit of a stretch, Wade and Bennett were just the ones who stayed healthy the most, skill wise they're about the same as what the Titans still have - #2-#3 ish quality. They lost the depth having both on the roster gave but neither are worth what they were paid, at least not worth it for the Titans - it was a position that needed upgrading well before Bennett and Wade officially left (it was obvious a few weeks into 2006) so resigning them wouldn't have helped much at all really, not for that money. You don't spend big making your WR position as bad as it was last season - you're better off not spending and running the risk it's slightly worse although I don't think either's production will be that hard to replace honestly.

Henry's loss might hurt but he edging on 29 years of age and has 1 strike left before a season long suspension, it just didn't make much sense when you spent your 2nd on a HB in LenDale White the year before. It's a risk but it's worth taking. If LenDale can't succeed after effectively trading his senior season for a season on an NFL roster with minor action with his college offensive coordinator still on hand then he probably won't succeed at all in the NFL, it's the perfect setup for him to emerge. I think it's a calculated risk given Henry's age, cost and suspension status.

There have been upgrades this offseason for the Titans, they just haven't been obvious signings. Tulloch and an unnamed vet or DP will battle for MLB - something which has never happened with Sirmon on the roster despite the fact he has been one of the slowest defenders in the NFL coming back from his knee (I think it was) injury. On top of this, someone already on the roster or a drafted rookie will beat out Lamont Thompson for FS, and I can't imagine any possible way that won't end up being an upgrade.

Anyway, being before the draft it is a little early to be predicting IMO but if I had to:

Colts 12-4
Jags 9-7
Titans 8-8
Texans 7-9

Last edited by OzTitan : 03-11-2007 at 10:45 PM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People seem to be unaware of how epic our Defense is going to be next year. We lost several starters to Injured reserve, and still managed to have a top 5 unit last year. Calculate the return of Mike Peterson, a healthy Marcus Stroud, Reggie Hayward, and Donavon Darius. All Veteran starters from our defense who all were either on IR or missed substantial playing time due to injury. Factor in the development of young players that stepped in last year without missing a beat, we easily have a chance at the best defense in the league next year.

Now for the offense. Getting Byron Leftwich back from injury, and Matt Jones having another full off-season to master his craft. Add in Dirk Koetter taking over the offense, and not to mention our loaded backfield which contains: a (finally) happy Fred Taylor, a sophomore MJD, and a healthy Greg Jones. We easily should be in the top half of the league [top 5 rushing] on that side of the ball.

So it's really not unreasonable to think that we can't not only make a run for the division title, but the honor of home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Now I'm not saying it's a sure thing, and I realize that I'm definitely going out on a limb, but if we can stay healthy (something that eluded us last season) and have just a hair of consistency. We could easily be one of the best in the entire league.

(This is more of a response to all the people that have us going 8-8 and worse this coming year, I'm not trying to be super homer.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Colts 13-3
2.Jaguars 12-4
3.Titans 7-9
4.Texans 5-11
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
People seem to be unaware of how epic our Defense is going to be next year. We lost several starters to Injured reserve, and still managed to have a top 5 unit last year. Calculate the return of Mike Peterson, a healthy Marcus Stroud, Reggie Hayward, and Donavon Darius. All Veteran starters from our defense who all were either on IR or missed substantial playing time due to injury. Factor in the development of young players that stepped in last year without missing a beat, we easily have a chance at the best defense in the league next year.

Now for the offense. Getting Byron Leftwich back from injury, and Matt Jones having another full off-season to master his craft. Add in Dirk Koetter taking over the offense, and not to mention our loaded backfield which contains: a (finally) happy Fred Taylor, a sophomore MJD, and a healthy Greg Jones. We easily should be in the top half of the league [top 5 rushing] on that side of the ball.

So it's really not unreasonable to think that we can't not only make a run for the division title, but the honor of home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Now I'm not saying it's a sure thing, and I realize that I'm definitely going out on a limb, but if we can stay healthy (something that eluded us last season) and have just a hair of consistency. We could easily be one of the best in the entire league.

(This is more of a response to all the people that have us going 8-8 and worse this coming year, I'm not trying to be super homer.)
Keep in mind, too, that both Reggie Williams and Matt Jones were on their way to breakout seasons before Captain Turnover took the helm at quarterback.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:54 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Colts 12-4
2) Jags 9-7
3) Titans 7-9
4) Texans 4-12
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Jags 12-4
Titans 8-8
Colts 6-10 i think manning will get hurt
Texans 6-10
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts - 12:4
Titans - 10:6
Jags - 9:7
Texans - 5:11

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Colts: 13-3
Jaguars: 13-3
Texans: 7-9
Titans: 5-11

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
a-dub83
Rookie

a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
1. Texans 15-1
2. Titans 10-6
3. Colts 9-7
4. Jags 6-10

There's no reason why not.
i didn't know it was already April fool's day
Old 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Colts: 14-2
Jags: 11-5
Titans: 9-7
Texans: 5-11

I think the Colts got a realistic shot at going undefeated but to predict that would be stupid. 13-0, then 9-0 the next year. Now the Colts got a SB under their belt & all the confidence in the world. If the Colts D can somehow be ranked in the top 15, I think its possible. The Jags & Titans are going to get tougher though, so it will be interesting.