Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-06-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hey guys, Bucs Fan here and I want to hear your opinion..

As you all know, both the Bucs and Lions are looking at DT's going into the draft and if the Rams do take a QB, which they prob. will, the Lions have the 1st shot at Ndmakung Suh.

However, yes as a Bucs fan, I would love for the Bucs to come away with Suh, but do you think there is any chance that the Lions may deal a 2nd rd. pick to the Redskins for DT Albert Haynesworth? I mean, there are ties with Jim Shwartz having been the Def. Coordinator at Tennessee while Haynesworth is there and was a terror in his defense. What do you think of the chances of him landing in Detroit, as he doesn't fit the Redskins 3-4 and doesnt want to play in that def. scheme. Also, since his contract was heavily front loaded, his contract is worth 4 years 16-20 million, since the redskins ate up most of money.

What do you think?

Here is the article:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
styles44
Rookie

styles44 is a cocksman.styles44 is a cocksman.styles44 is a cocksman.styles44 is a cocksman.styles44 is a cocksman.

I think if Jim Schwartz really wanted the guy on his team he would've showed up at HIS doorstep the night of free agency. The Lions never even sniffed around to gauge interest, which says a lot. Maybe they knew the price was going to be too high and that Washington was willing to pay it but either way, they never even tried to get him.

Now would I take him for a 2nd round pick? Maybe, but I'm hesitant because of his propensity to take off plays (a la Shaun Rogers), his obvious attitude problem and the fact that he just got handed a $20 million bonus check very recently. I don't know how much I trust a guy to stay focused after getting that kind of cheese. He seems like the kind of player who would pack it in after getting a huge payday.

Furthermore, I don't think the Skins would want to trade Haynesworth straight up for a 2nd because if we get him, that means Okung is our pick and they have been rumored to be interested in him. I think if the Skins were going to try to trade him to us it would result in us flip-flopping picks along with some other kind of compensation.

So I think if a trade happened it would be our 1st and 3rd for Haynesworth, Wash 1st and Wash 7th (because that's how Mayhew rolls, he loves him some 7th rounders). Would I take that? Sure why not. In the end, I think we say no to Haynesworth but I trust Mayhew to make the right move.
styles44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to get Haynesworth but the only problem is this... if we traded away our 2nd, we still need a CB. I know Berry can possibly play some CB so he can be had at 4 but that's it. Otherwise it'd be a bit of a reach. So there is that to consider.

Or we could take Suh and just eat everyone alive with our D-Line from Hell.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I just don't see it likely that Wash. would send us Albert unless it includes a swap in 1sts. If we got Albert, then we obviously wouldn't be drafting DT, so that would lead us to LT Okung, which is who Wash supposedly wants. Why would they make this trade and lose out on their prime target?

Now would Wash want to move up to #2 to get Okung, probably not because of the higher salary requirements that goes along with the #2 pick, but if there was 1 owner in the NFL that wouldnt care that much about such a move it would be Snyder.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:08 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree. i mean yeah i'd love to be able to send our second to Wash. get haynesworth then be able to draft Okung. Great Dline, very improved Oline. leaves us RB and secondary to fill out from 3rd on.

But the fact that we are not rumored to be interested tells me that it won't happen. Schwartz knows him better than most coaches so maybe he doesnt see his addition much better than Suh.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:58 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Skins motivation to move him pretty much went out the window. I think they paid him a 20-21 mil roster bonus and from here on out, his salary is in the 4-5 mil range. These aren't exact but from what I can remember, they may be close.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We stay put, get Suh ... Bucs get McCoy, Skins get Okung.
Albert would work in Detroit (clearly they have explored Dline options with signing Williams, KVB & kicking tires on Hargrove) but we will likely stay put & get Kong Suh!!!