Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Well it's draft season. I am hoping for some new blood at DT because as much as I like the rotation, not all of those guys will be back next year. OTOH, Jamal and Binghom will be around, so I can understand other viewpoints.

CJ Spiller is the only back I would consider drafting in the first, he is dreamy.

Dan Williams or Terrence Cody would both fit the bill for what we're trying to do.

ILB would be an interesting area and we could probably get great value at our spot. We have a lot of rotational guys but I would love to get someone who could just take over one of the ILB spots for the next decade. I do worry that if Spikes gets brought in, he and Siler might have issues since they were both defensive captains for the Gators and Siler is breaking out a little. I think having that thought qualifies me as an overthinker in this regard.

Could also (shudder) see AJ spending another pick in the 2ndary, especially if Cro gets shipped out.
Why are you guys always mimicking our draft needs? Every year, it seems you guys are going after the same positions/guys we are. Stop it. LOL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are always the ones picking before us at the same positions, leave us alone! :)
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cody would be nice, I hear hes about 370? He would clog up multiple holes with him in the middle hah

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
evenar
Rookie

evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.

Right now I think we're going defense-defense-running back in no particular order in the first three rounds. If I had to pen guys in our draft picks right now I would say we'd go Dan Williams in the first round, Anthony Dixon in the second and that we'd draft D'Anthony Smith in the 3rd if his there. But we will of course know A LOT more after free agency (who leaves)

Agree Mount Cody would be nice, we could start playing a 1-6 scheme with him clogging up every hole between the tackles :D

Last edited by evenar : 01-27-2010 at 11:30 AM.
evenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If both Taylor Mays and Mike Iupati were still on the board, who would be the pick?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Mays/Iupati

I would take Iupati, if they thought he could play RT...but he will be gone. Mays seems to be falling on alot of Mocks and Media chatter. Scott has him falling to Dallas, I don't see them taking him because his coverage skills are Roy Williams-esque.

I think Ron Rivera could make Mays into a Pro Bowler, and he would be the perfect compliment to Weddle at FS.

I hope Mays falls to us, I would take him over Cody.

It would also increase the chances we take a chance on Marshawn Lynch, despite his silliness, he is young...he could be a monster for Norv.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
What about Safety? If Taylor Mays is available, I don't see how AJ can justify passing on him. He's got the physical gifts to justify a 1st round pick, and it addresses a severe, severe need. Mays is the best coverage safety in the nation.
Funny how when this was posted (2008) that was his Rep, since then his Jr and Senior seasons have shown otherwise. I hope he falls to us, he could be the enforcer we have missed since Harrison left.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo23 View Post
Funny how when this was posted (2008) that was his Rep, since then his Jr and Senior seasons have shown otherwise. I hope he falls to us, he could be the enforcer we have missed since Harrison left.
I still like TM and think he'll be a steal for someone. Problem is I like KE quite a bit as well and Weddle had a very good season last year. Still, I wouldn't mind TM but I hope the running game (OL + RB) gets addressed soon after, and that takes alot of options off of the table at DL too. Now, say we go back one year and Taylor comes out as a junior, would I have wanted him over English? Yes and I think he would have really done a solid job for us. But in hindsight RB and OL should have been addressed last year too. I don't like Vasquez, fwiw.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

chargers need to fix the defense 1st. i wouldnt mind if we went NG then safety 2nd round " nate allen "

Right tackle has to be up there in needs but that can be found in round 4 on. RB is the position that confuses me with us. Do we go RB early "round 1 or 2" or wait till the later rounds? Everyone seems to be on the Ryan Matthews bandwagon. I for one like him as a player but not over a player like Jonathan Dwyer who we could probably trade up for in the 3rd round.
Intruiging draft since we have all of our EARLY picks for once.
also could you see us trading for a vet RB ? like a Marion Barber or Lendale White. sorry i rant on, i can talk about the draft for days
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo23 View Post
Just goes to show how much the system you're in can affect your draft stock. When they asked Taylor to step into a new defense last year and took him out of the deep cover 1, he didn't look so hot. Especially once you throw in the leg injuries he was dealing with.

Mays is actually the only non DL/RB I'd be 100% okay with at 28. Weddle is the perfect safety to pair him with, our D needs to get some of that ferociousness back, and the plummeting draft stock is practically bandwagon at this point. He is a first rounder and is going to have a great career at safety, so if the Chargers can somehow take advantage of him falling I'd be thrilled.

I'm still high on Dwyer and go back and forth on Cody...looking at the last 11 games of the year in 2009, the rotation on the D-line performed pretty damn well, and I'm counting on further development from OG and Vaughn Martin.

In a perfect world, Alualu at 40 would be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHasley10 View Post
chargers need to fix the defense 1st. i wouldnt mind if we went NG then safety 2nd round " nate allen "

Right tackle has to be up there in needs but that can be found in round 4 on. RB is the position that confuses me with us. Do we go RB early "round 1 or 2" or wait till the later rounds? Everyone seems to be on the Ryan Matthews bandwagon. I for one like him as a player but not over a player like Jonathan Dwyer who we could probably trade up for in the 3rd round.
Intruiging draft since we have all of our EARLY picks for once.
also could you see us trading for a vet RB ? like a Marion Barber or Lendale White. sorry i rant on, i can talk about the draft for days
I'm excited about even the tiniest possibility that Ronnie Brown is available, per a Yahoo article the other day. He or Marshawn Lynch for a third or later (definitely later for Lynch...) would give us a ton of options on draft day. I don't see us picking up Barber or White over some of the late round goodness at RB this draft has to offer.

It will definitley be weird having a 2nd rounder, and a high second no less. It's been years.

Last edited by CC.SD : 04-16-2010 at 04:59 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Default I see 4 potential starters

Mathews will be solid, I LOVE the pick of the ILB, he is going to be a starter for this team, by 2011 at the latest!!! Stuckey will give serious competition to Ellison and could start, and Cam Thomas could be a difference maker for this teams run D.

If you can come away with 4 starters, even if a couple break in in year 2...it has to be a success.