Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
machoking6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
This is one of those things you are not going to beleive me until it happens. Remember 2005, whenever Dawkins was out and Lewis was in at SS and Considine was in at FS, his natural position, which is what the team drafted him for. He is more suited as a FS becuase his coverage skills are vastly superior to his run stopping skills. It is pointless to try to argue this, but it will happen when Dawkins retires.
So Considine moving over to FS is pretty much your opinion from what you're saying. Yet you tell me that it was something that was widely known. You're right though, I'll believe you when it happens.

But I'll be honest, I didn't remember 2005 when Dawkins was out and Lewis played SS while Considine played FS. I looked up Considine's stats from 2005 and it said he only played in 6 games. In those 6 games he had 4 tackles, 0 INTs, and 0 pass deflections. He seemed real suited to be that FS with those "vastly superior coverage skills." I looked up Dawkins' stats from 2005 too and he had played in all 16 games. I'm no rocket scientist, but if he played all 16 games doesn't that mean that he wasn't "out" like you say? Do you just make stuff up? Everybody has an opinion on things which is perfectly fine, but when you try to be convincing you should really back it up with solid proof.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoking6 View Post
So Considine moving over to FS is pretty much your opinion from what you're saying. Yet you tell me that it was something that was widely known. You're right though, I'll believe you when it happens.

But I'll be honest, I didn't remember 2005 when Dawkins was out and Lewis played SS while Considine played FS. I looked up Considine's stats from 2005 and it said he only played in 6 games. In those 6 games he had 4 tackles, 0 INTs, and 0 pass deflections. He seemed real suited to be that FS with those "vastly superior coverage skills." I looked up Dawkins' stats from 2005 too and he had played in all 16 games. I'm no rocket scientist, but if he played all 16 games doesn't that mean that he wasn't "out" like you say? Do you just make stuff up? Everybody has an opinion on things which is perfectly fine, but when you try to be convincing you should really back it up with solid proof.
When Dawkins was getting a break or stuff like that. I didn't mean Considine started. If you think I am making stuff up you should just shut your mouth and stop talking like I don't know what I am even thinking. Did you even watch any games this year? Considine was our SS, but he was always ther to break up plays or cause a receiver to drop a ball. Granted he didn't have much in the INT collum, but if you pay attention to the game, when he came up in run coverage, he was a liability. He would miss tackles or find a way to get blocked. He will probably start out the year at SS as well, but once we get a suitable SS and Dawkins retires, he will be our FS, which is his MORE NATURAL POSITION. He normally plays at less weight, but he gained it and is continuing to gain it this off-season so he can be a team player and do what is needed of him. I'm not going to keep repeating myself, so I am done, because this is getting old. I will look for proof in the meantime.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/te...s.jsp?id=26878

Look on that site read it thouroughly, he started at FS in college at Iowa, and learned both Safety positions for the Eagles. The link may not work, I don't know how to make one anyway. Here is the proof, now are you satisfied?

Old 03-11-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
machoking6

Yes, please find some proof because so far you haven't convinced me much of this Considine playing FS stuff.

Thank you for the proof. I was beginning to think you were talking nonsense.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I don't B.S. because all it does is get people pissed off at you.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im not gonna pretend to know a whole lot about Considine, but in watching him this season I definitely found myself thinking that the Eagles had to take an athletic, strong SS early in the draft. Considine definitely covered better than Lewis but was average at best in the run game. I think a glaring example of this was the playoff game in NO. Obviously the entire D didn't play the run any good in that game but when it was up to Considine to make a play or tackle he either failed completely or partially made the play. I'm not convinced on his coverage skills yet, but thats because I didn't really pay attention to him most of the regular season. I didn't get to see the Falcons game, hopefully I can download it and look at some of the pass break ups that were mentioned earlier. From what I've observed though I would rather see Considine at FS after Dawk retires.
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Considine is nearly as good as Dawkins against the pass, but nowhere near him when it comes to run support. Considine did have a very good game against the Falcons though.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Dawkins can cover a lot more ground than Considine and makes plays that are mind boggling. Considine is pretty good, but he's not near Dawkins level.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm taliking about pass coverage. He may not be able to goet the INTs, but how often does one of his guys get big yardage play. I forget where I heard this and it might be wrong, but no one Considine covered caught a TD pass on him while he was starting this year. I agree that he is nowhere near the playmaker that Dawkins is, but he is great against the pass. He will need to work on his run coverage though.