Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

San Diego 12-4
Denver 11-5
Kansas City 9-7
Oaklans 2-14
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Raiders 16-0 + SB

everyone else? who cares
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver 10-6 Still have a strong defense and Cutler should grow plus Iím sure Henry will run all over the place.

San Diego 9-7 They will win games because they do have so much talent but in the end Norv Turner is the head coach and he will find ways to mess things up.

Kansas City 7-9 Chiefs could be in some real trouble soon, when I look at that roster it doesn't really scare me, minus Larry Johnson of course but he can't do it all.

Oakland 6-10 New head coach and maybe even a rookie QB, as a fan I'm just hoping we can win more than 5 damn games. Are defense is pretty good and if the offense can do anything we should at least compete every Sunday.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Invesco

Sd: 10-6
Dn: 10-6
Kc: 8-8
Oa: 5-11
Old 03-11-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
People are overating Denver. I think it will be a very average year with Cutler at the helm behind a very average line.
They upgraded at runningback I thought, I like Tatum Bell but Travis Henry is a better fit for the offense and Mike Shanahan. The whole drama of who the quarterback is is completely over, it's Jay Cutler's team. Javon Walker played at a Pro Bowl level last year and now has a year in the offense, and Brandon Marshall is a stud who has his rookie season under his belt. The team overpaid for Daniel Graham, but he's a proven player in this league, so they upgraded at TE as well.

Acquiring Dre Bly was a good move, although we'll see how his demands for a contract extension play out in Denver. If he plays out his contract year, that's a definite positive for the Broncos, but for now I'll leave that neutral until we see what becomes of the situation.

They still haven't addressed the DE position (pass rush particularly) imo if they want any chance at returning to the Super Bowl, although they did well not to foolishly overpay for Patrick Kerney like Seattle did. If Big Daddy Wilkinson retires as he's considering, that leaves them where they were last year in the interior of the defensive line. So DE and potentially DT remain as sore points. There is the Draft, of course.

Also, I'm surprised people are expecting Champ Bailey to repeat his 2006 performance. I concur with Eric Allen, Bailey had a stellar year where everything worked right for him: he was reading the quarterbacks just right, breaking down the film just right, staying healthy, and so on. He was in a groove, a superb groove if anyone saw what he did last year, but personally I can't expect him to hit that same perfect groove for another season.

Still, I expect Denver and New England to be popular picks as the favorites for this season.

Last edited by Geo : 03-11-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ is good for 20 INTs the next three years if healty.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post

Norv has also never had a team like San Diego. I believe both the Redskins and Raiders were coming off 4-12 seasons when he took over. Plus, he built the offensive system that is currently used in San Diego, and Ted Cottrell helped create the defensive system that Wade used in Buffalo and then later used in San Diego. With Dielman and Shaun Phillips locked up, all this team needs is a good safety and another wide receiver, and it's time to kick it into high gear.

Oh and my predictions:
San Diego (12-4): They have a tougher schedule and their new starters on defense (Cooper, Wilhelm, and the rookie safety) will struggle early on.

Denver (10-6): It depends on whether they can get a good pass rusher, and whether they can get a line that is better at protecting Cutler. They are always dangerous though and their addition of Graham and Henry has already improved the team.

KC (8-8): Adding Donnie Edwards only marginally helped them. The guy is great in coverage but too much of ankle biter when it comes to tackles and stopping the run. Look for teams to run right at him and knock him over. KC is also getting old on both sides of the ball.

Oakland (7-9): If they can improve their offense, then they will be the surprise of the league because their defense is incredible and very underrated.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.San Diego 12-4
2.Denver 10-6
3.Kansas city 9-7
4.Oakland 6-10
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Denver is easily the team to beat. They've made the most headway in improving their roster. Adding Bly, Henry, Graham will all improve the team in their own separate ways. Also, in my personal opinion, Jay Cutler is on the precipice of a Rivers of '06, Palmer of '05, type ascension. Walker will get another year off that ACL injury. I also had the utmost confidence in Mike Shannahan, whom I think is a top-3 NFL Head Coach.

San Diego I see them slipping a bit. They won't be bad, per say. They just won't be nearly as good. The coaching staff is a major downgrade. I also don't think it's reasonable to expect LaDainian Tomlinson to perform like he did last year, carrying the team on his back again. Historical precedent is against it.

Kansas City is a team I am worried about. They seem to be using band-aids to stop a leak on a Dam. Eventually, all the serviceable veterans won't save the team from the depths of the league. Carl Peterson seems content to sign a few veteran free agents, keeping the team at a constant mediocre, but ticket selling, level. If I were an NFL GM, and I was running the team. I would blow up the roster, and go through a legitimate rebuilding period. The team has age problems at far too many positions. I was talking to one of my friends who is a Chiefs fan. He is disinterested in the draft this year, because the team has so many needs, with no solution in sight.

Oakland is a team, that if they get a veteran QB, get the best out of their O-Line's misused talent, they could make the play-offs. I have been a proponent of them trading for Matt Schaub, as opposed to drafting Jamarcus Russell. The problem is, I don't trust Al Davis one bit, to turn around that team. Nor do I trust Lane Kiffin to be 'the guy' who gains enough say in organizational matters to make an impact, and be more than just a puppet leader. That defense, I cannot rave about it enough. It is fabulous. What a shame they're offense is as bad as they are good.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
LJ is good but with 410+ carries on his wheels, how effective will he be next year?
Ok this is getting really old in four years LJ has had 892 carries LT has had 2050 in six years and people want to say LJ is done? The guy will be 27 next year not 37 he is far from done the guy is in his prime.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos 10-6
Chargers 9-7
Chiefs 7-9
Raiders 6-10

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Ok this is getting really old in four years LJ has had 892 carries LT has had 2050 in six years and people want to say LJ is done? The guy will be 27 next year not 37 he is far from done the guy is in his prime.
I didn't say he wasn't in his prime, I said he just had 410+ carries last year. You don't think accumulating nearly half of your career carries in one year will somewhat hurt a player? Who knows how he will respond to it, I didn't say it was necesarily bad, but it could be trouble. That line continues to get worse to, and when you look at LJ's YPC its good, but its getting much worse as that line gets older, and not as strong.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think it will be denver with out the homerism aside....the offence is only going to get better and with bates our D should finally be as good as advertised.....we will draft a Defencive player most likely DE.....but bly, henry, graham will only help out....and I have read reports about DJ williams how he played less then 70% of the snaps...and bates said having one of the most talented lbs not stay on the feild was dumb...so i expect him to play more which should help.....i can only see us getting better...and playing for darrent will help also
Old 03-12-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't say he wasn't in his prime, I said he just had 410+ carries last year. You don't think accumulating nearly half of your career carries in one year will somewhat hurt a player? Who knows how he will respond to it, I didn't say it was necesarily bad, but it could be trouble. That line continues to get worse to, and when you look at LJ's YPC its good, but its getting much worse as that line gets older, and not as strong.
Do I think 410 carries will hurt him sure but IMO not for a few more years LJ wants to be the best ever will he be no but the guy is going to bring it for a few more years. If you watched the Chiefs all year you would know that LJ made a lot of yards on his own making something out of nothing we picked up a starter at LT if we draft a RT we will be fine on the line.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
San Diego I see them slipping a bit. They won't be bad, per say. They just won't be nearly as good. The coaching staff is a major downgrade. I also don't think it's reasonable to expect LaDainian Tomlinson to perform like he did last year, carrying the team on his back again. Historical precedent is against it.

Personally, I don't see the coaching staff as a huge downgrade. Most people who don't follow the Chargers (idk how close you follow them, so im not trying to come off insulting here) don't realize that Marty was mainly a mediator between Wade and Cameron. In the playoff game, he didn't have his headset on for the majority of the game, with Cameron running the offense and Wade running the defense. By getting rid of Marty all you lose is the actualy overseer of the two. The hiring of Turner is essentially replacing Cam, with a better version of him, as Cam is essentially Norv Jr. To deal with the departure of Wade, which I feel was the biggest offseason loss, You have Cotrell, to keep continuity on the 3-4, and Rivera, to strenghten the defense overall. I see it as an even, if not almost beneficial swap for the Chargers, who can now expect an even more potent offesne with Rivers' full development, and a defense taht should remain on par.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Denver 12-4
2. Chargers 11-5
3. Kansas 8-8
4. Oakland 4-12
Old 03-12-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. chargers 12-4
2. denver 9-7
3. Kansas 8-8
4. Oakland 6-10
Old 03-12-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Raiders will not win 5 games.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

The Raiders could have easily won 4 games this year [they pretty much gift wrapped home losses to Houston and Cleveland] and almost upset the Chargers in San Diego. They are better than 2-14.

Anyways....

San Diego - [11-5] You don't think they will be motivated after last year? Come on....Norv Turner isn't that bad of a coach....is he?!?

Denver - [10-6] Lots of big name acquisitions, but how will the egos mesh?

Oakland - [6-10] Take a big step forward and the defense is developing into a dominant unit. Unfortunately the offense is still in the bottom 10 of the league.

KC - [6-10] LJ runs enough for them to continue to be successful at Arrowhead, but they are on the way down. The rebuilding process starts in 2008.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think that LT has to carry this team as much you seem to believe. In fact, one of the main reasons he had such a good year was because he had an improving oline and because Rivers was his QB as opposed to Brees. With Rivers there the 8-9 fronts that was in 2005 decreased greatly. With Dielman resigned and Rivers only getting better due to more reps with Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd as well as our new receiver, I can see him having a much better year. Which in turn will open up more holes for LT.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think San Diego will take a small hit, probably going from 10-6 to 12-4, ranging from that, depending on injuries. People seem to be impressed by Rivers, but I think they are overrating him. He sucked at the end of the year, and in the playoff game. I believe he has a slight case of Rex Grossman syndrome, which is letting rip the deep ball.
Denver will see a slight gain IMO, they really upgraded and Cutler is ready IMO to be a good-great QB. Anywhere really from 9-7 to 12-4, depending on injuries. I hear people say all the time this team needs a DE, but they actually don't need one as bad as they need a DT. They need DE for depth, yes, and upgrading wouldn't hurt, but if they can get a DT that can get a push from the middle, this team gets instantly better.
Kansas City is in trouble IMO. They add little pieces here and there, and in the end they just make the team older and older. This is an average team, and can go from 6-10 to 9-7. Tons of starters over 30 on both sides of the ball, they need to start the rebuilding phase. Gonzalez should've left.
Oakland, if it can get an offense, will be a decent team. I see 4-12 to 7-9 from them this year. A lot of guys on defense are young, but Sapp, who played like a beast last year, just how much does he have left? Maybe by the time the offense gets around, the defense will be average-mediocre again.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I think San Diego will take a small hit, probably going from 10-6 to 12-4, ranging from that, depending on injuries. People seem to be impressed by Rivers, but I think they are overrating him. He sucked at the end of the year, and in the playoff game. I believe he has a slight case of Rex Grossman syndrome, which is letting rip the deep ball.
Rex Grossman syndrome, letting rip the deep ball? haha sorry but that's just funny. River started to regress the moment his wide receivers started going down with injuries. Vincent Jackson was the only one who wasn't injured through the whole ordeal. It's funny since Rivers regressed at the same time that Brees did.
Also, Rivers had a decent playoff game. He looked absolutely calm out there. If you bothered to watch the game you'll notice that his stats were horrible because his receivers had problems catching perfectly thrown passes. Rivers did make mistakes in the game though. The interception and the last minute to be exact. But give this guy a more reliable target to throw to and he'll be even deadlier.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally, I don't see the coaching staff as a huge downgrade. Most people who don't follow the Chargers (idk how close you follow them, so im not trying to come off insulting here) don't realize that Marty was mainly a mediator between Wade and Cameron. In the playoff game, he didn't have his headset on for the majority of the game, with Cameron running the offense and Wade running the defense. By getting rid of Marty all you lose is the actualy overseer of the two. The hiring of Turner is essentially replacing Cam, with a better version of him, as Cam is essentially Norv Jr. To deal with the departure of Wade, which I feel was the biggest offseason loss, You have Cotrell, to keep continuity on the 3-4, and Rivera, to strenghten the defense overall. I see it as an even, if not almost beneficial swap for the Chargers, who can now expect an even more potent offesne with Rivers' full development, and a defense taht should remain on par.

I agree that Norv Turner as an improvement over Cam Cameron. I just think as a motivator, he pales in comparison to Marty. I am not a fan of Cotrell at DC. In contrast to Wade Phillips that is. Though he keeps continuity on that unit, which certainly helps.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
I agree that Norv Turner as an improvement over Cam Cameron. I just think as a motivator, he pales in comparison to Marty. I am not a fan of Cotrell at DC. In contrast to Wade Phillips that is. Though he keeps continuity on that unit, which certainly helps.
I believe Cotrell did his best work in Buffalo using the same 3-4 defense that the Chargers currently utlilized. When he was in a different system with the Vikings and the Jets, he struggled greatly.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Rivers had two bad games, KC and OAK. He didn't play as well as he did in the beginning of the season, but he didn't suck in the end of the year. I thought he played great in the playoff game, and as far as letting rip the deep ball, I'm a little confused where you got that idea from.