Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 03-05-2010, 08:01 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Bethea is a top priority.

Signing Brackett to a 5 year deal with $16 million guaranteed seems enormously stupid. He is a good enough fit for our system but he wouldn't make anywhere near that much anywhere else in the league. They could probably go after Kirk Morrison (3rd round tender from the Raiders) and get a younger, faster, stronger, better-tackling, equal-or-better pass-defending LB for the same price.

I like Brackett well enough but if the cap comes back a contact that big will be a mistake. They can't front-load it enough to get rid of all his money this year.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN are now reporting that it is a 5 year $33 Million with $12 Million guaranteed. More overall money but less guaranteed money than what was originally reported last night.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That seems better. $12M can be whittled down pretty quickly. Seems like a good deal for both the Colts and Brackett.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 03-05-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the team have cut Jim Sorgi.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Looks like the Colts are really going to retool the O-Line in 2010. Ryan Lilja has been cut.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I really didn't expect Lilja to be cut. I am excited about it though. He is really pretty mediocre and the Colts want to get bigger. Manning can't get the ball out on the stretch anymore and Mudd is gone so the demand for fast midget linemen is gone with him. It will be interesting to see what else happens here.

Dream scenario: sign Jared Gaither to a long-term contract, move CJ to RT, move Diem to OG, install Jaimie Thomas as other OG. You've got yourself one beefy new OL.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-09-2010, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I really didn't expect Lilja to be cut. I am excited about it though. He is really pretty mediocre and the Colts want to get bigger. Manning can't get the ball out on the stretch anymore and Mudd is gone so the demand for fast midget linemen is gone with him. It will be interesting to see what else happens here.

Dream scenario: sign Jared Gaither to a long-term contract, move CJ to RT, move Diem to OG, install Jaimie Thomas as other OG. You've got yourself one beefy new OL.
Lilja was our best Offensive Lineman last year. He was our best pass blocker and our best run blocker.

Gaither would be a good addition but I just don't see Polian going for it. But this isn't Madden. You can't just say lets move my Right Tackle to Guard. Diem is too old to teach him new tricks. He isn't fast enough to pull out and get to the next level. Jaimie Thomas is a long term player. Yes that new Offensive Line would be very big but it would be terrible.

What will probably happen:

Left Tackle: Short term is Charlie Johnson and we will look to bring in a new Left Tackle through the draft. I expect the Colts to go Tackle somewhere in the first three rounds and then develop them behind Johnson.

Left Guard: The Left Guard takes on the Nose in the 4-3, and helps the Centre do so in the 3-4 so he needs to be bigger so the long term hope here will be Jaimie Thomas. But the team will probably turn to Pollak in the short term to start here.

Centre: Saturday in the short term and probably Pollak long term.

Right Guard: DeVan will continue here and the team will probably draft a long term replacement.

Right Tackle: Diem will continue here and the team will probably draft a long term replacement.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Lilja was our best Offensive Lineman last year. He was our best pass blocker and our best run blocker.

Gaither would be a good addition but I just don't see Polian going for it. But this isn't Madden. You can't just say lets move my Right Tackle to Guard. Diem is too old to teach him new tricks. He isn't fast enough to pull out and get to the next level. Jaimie Thomas is a long term player. Yes that new Offensive Line would be very big but it would be terrible.

What will probably happen:

Left Tackle: Short term is Charlie Johnson and we will look to bring in a new Left Tackle through the draft. I expect the Colts to go Tackle somewhere in the first three rounds and then develop them behind Johnson.

Left Guard: The Left Guard takes on the Nose in the 4-3, and helps the Centre do so in the 3-4 so he needs to be bigger so the long term hope here will be Jaimie Thomas. But the team will probably turn to Pollak in the short term to start here.

Centre: Saturday in the short term and probably Pollak long term.

Right Guard: DeVan will continue here and the team will probably draft a long term replacement.

Right Tackle: Diem will continue here and the team will probably draft a long term replacement.
Lilja might've been consistent but being the best run blocker on our line is not a hard race to win. If he was so great, why did he get cut? I don't think of him as highly as you do.

Diem started his career as a guard so it's not teaching him new tricks. I actually think he could get cut next considering his lacking play the last few years and his big contract.

I think your predictions are pretty conservative, which is fitting with how the team has been run thus far. But cutting Lilja outright, and saying "we want to get bigger" as the reason is so out of character for the Colts that I am not banking on them taking the conservative route here.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like everyone of our O-Linemen, Lilja wasn't a good in-line blocker, but he was a mobile lineman with good pass-blocking ability and good pulling ability.

This wasn't just a salary dump, it is a change in philosophy. I think they are planning of making the line bigger and better at in-line blocking.

That's fine and all, but that also means that we have a need for both of our Guard spots. Neither Devan nor Pollak are good in-line blockers either.

I'm not big on drafting OGs in the first, but Iupati would be good pick.

Sig by Primetime21

Last edited by MaxV : 03-09-2010 at 09:55 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Just like everyone of our O-Linemen, Lilja wasn't a good in-line blocker, but he was a mobile lineman with good pass-blocking ability and good pulling ability.

This wasn't just a salary dump, it is a change in philosophy. I think they are planning of making the line bigger and better at in-line blocking.

That's fine and all, but that also means that we have a need for both of our Guard spots. Neither Devan nor Pollak are good in-line blockers either.

I'm not big on drafting OGs in the first, but Iupati would be good pick.
Agree 100%. A definite shift in theory is taking place on both lines to get bigger/stronger, last year the D-Line improved a bunch as Muir and Mookie played more. Games aren't being called so close holding wise on either side of the lines, so a major adjustment has to be made by the organization. While the Dungy/Mudd train of thought isn't thrown out for fast players on each side of the lines, the notion for larger and stronger has been altered.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts signed OG Andy Alleman and claimed DE/DT J.D. Skolnitsky off waivers from Skins.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...torical/556853

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...im-skolnitsky/

I hope these guys do well.

Also, Marlin Jackson will be an Eagle next season.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=20454

Good luck to Marlin.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-10-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks about Marlin, am a big fan of his, Eagles got a great pick up IMO.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Adam Terry

They brought in Adam Terry, a former Ravens' O-lineman as well. He's a 6'8 330 lb. tackle/guard prospect. He has short arms. It would be most likely for guard.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=3204

I still think we will keep CJ at LT and Diem at RT and of course Saturday at Center.

Our LG and RG will be spots that Jamey Richard, Mike Pollak, Tony Ugoh, Gerald Cadogan, Jaimie Thomas, Kyle DeVan, and Andy Allen will compete for, IMO. Some of the above could end up being backup tackles, like Ugoh, Allen and Cadogan.

If we do draft a tackle, he will be a project. If we do draft an OG, he will most likely play in our roster. I like Maurkice Pouncey for OG, Vladimir Ducasse for RG and Jon Jerry of Ole Miss too for OG.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I don't think we have a single OL on our roster that would be a road-grader at OG.

Man, I smell another season of 3.5 ypc. :(

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-11-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Apparently the Colts released Ryan Lilja because he failed a physical on both his knee and his back.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts sign OT Adam Terry to 1 year deal

Well, if there was any doubt that there was going to be a shift in OL philosophy this offseason, this erases it. Polian talked all year about how holding is being called differently now, and bemoaned the performance of the OL after the Super Bowl, and now we're seeing a shift in the type of personnel the team is bringing in for the OL. For this particular signing, I'm wondering if he's going to be tried as a OG or RT, and overall for the offseason, my question is can they find the type of LT that would work for the type of system they're trying to install? Would Tony Ugoh be that guy? Would the team go out, take a chance, and try to bring in Jared Gaither? Or is there someone in the draft the team sees as their LT of the future? The one thing I know from all of this is that this offseason just got really interesting.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Welcome back Dam!

Yeah, OL is definitely the hot topic of Colts nation.

Don't forget Gerald Cadogan also. Good size and athletic, although he was never a Road-Grader.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-16-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Bears sign Tim Jennings

http://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/10588966426
Old 04-05-2010, 08:10 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

There are rumors going around that the Colts are pursuing Marcus McNeill, OT for the Chargers. He is a pretty good LT. It would cost a 1st and a 3rd so I doubt it is true.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-12-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

Default Rumor it is

Quote:
There are rumors going around that the Colts are pursuing Marcus McNeill, OT for the Chargers. He is a pretty good LT. It would cost a 1st and a 3rd so I doubt it is true.
It is a rumor at best, it was a bunch of BS.

Plus, if we wanted Gaither by now, we would have had him. So, get ready for Saffold or Brown in round 1.:)
Old 04-13-2010, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
It is a rumor at best, it was a bunch of BS.

Plus, if we wanted Gaither by now, we would have had him. So, get ready for Saffold or Brown in round 1.:)
I'd rather see something like Hughes/Veldheer, but I wouldn't be completely disappointed by Brown. Saffold would make me scratch my head though.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I'd rather see something like Hughes/Veldheer, but I wouldn't be completely disappointed by Brown. Saffold would make me scratch my head though.
I really don't know much about Veldheer. It's hard to see any of his on-field play. I haven't found any, anyway. I do like what I read about him. I definitely like Hughes though, I think he's a bit underrated right now.

I would count the draft a win if we came out of it with one from each of the following categories:

OL:
Charles Brown (1st)
Trent Williams (1st)
Mike Iupati (1st)
Jason Fox (2nd or later)
Jared Veldheer (2nd or later)
Vladimir Ducasse (2nd or later)
Roger Saffold (2nd or later)

DE:
Brandon Graham (1st, unlikely)
Jerry Hughes (1st or trade up for early 2nd)
Jason Worilds (2nd or later)
Greg Hardy (3rd or later)
Arthur Moats (3rd or later)
Alex Carrington (3rd or later)
O'Brien Schofield (4th or later)
Daniel Te’o-Nesheim (5th or later)

DT:
Brian Price (1st or trade up for early 2nd)
Jared Odrick (1st or trade up for early 2nd)
Lamarr Houston (2nd)
Arthur Jones (3rd or later)
Geno Atkins (3rd or later)
Vince Oghobaase (5th or later)

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-13-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I really don't know much about Veldheer. It's hard to see any of his on-field play. I haven't found any, anyway. I do like what I read about him. I definitely like Hughes though, I think he's a bit underrated right now.

I would count the draft a win if we came out of it with one from each of the following categories:

OL:
Charles Brown (1st)
Trent Williams (1st)
Mike Iupati (1st)
Jason Fox (2nd or later)
Jared Veldheer (2nd or later)
Vladimir Ducasse (2nd or later)
Roger Saffold (2nd or later)

DE:
Brandon Graham (1st, unlikely)
Jerry Hughes (1st or trade up for early 2nd)
Jason Worilds (2nd or later)
Greg Hardy (3rd or later)
Arthur Moats (3rd or later)
Alex Carrington (3rd or later)
O'Brien Schofield (4th or later)
Daniel Te’o-Nesheim (5th or later)

DT:
Brian Price (1st or trade up for early 2nd)
Jared Odrick (1st or trade up for early 2nd)
Lamarr Houston (2nd)
Arthur Jones (3rd or later)
Geno Atkins (3rd or later)
Vince Oghobaase (5th or later)
Do you think Iupati could play LT? If not, I'd rather see the team invest in OG later. Of the situations you've sort of laid out there, my ideal would be:

1) Graham/Hughes
2) Veldheer/Ducasse (both are small school guys with loads of potential, the Colts have a lot of success with those, see: Robert Mathis, Antoine Bethea, etc. Obviously the investment risk is higher here, but so is the need)
3) Atkins/Jones

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts completely ignore one of DE or DT and go with an OT and OG in the first 3 rounds, and I'd actually be quite happy with it as it would likely take care of the OL for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Do you think Iupati could play LT? If not, I'd rather see the team invest in OG later. Of the situations you've sort of laid out there, my ideal would be:

1) Graham/Hughes
2) Veldheer/Ducasse (both are small school guys with loads of potential, the Colts have a lot of success with those, see: Robert Mathis, Antoine Bethea, etc. Obviously the investment risk is higher here, but so is the need)
3) Atkins/Jones

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts completely ignore one of DE or DT and go with an OT and OG in the first 3 rounds, and I'd actually be quite happy with it as it would likely take care of the OL for the foreseeable future.
No, I don't think Iupati will ever play tackle, at least not on the left side. I do think he'd be a huge help to our run game. He would not be my first choice of OLman but I think we could do worse.

If the Colts went OLx2 and DE I would be fine with that. I think it is critical the Colts pick up a 3rd edge rusher though. The DTs we have now can be upgraded but are fine overall. But we cannot let another postseason die because Freeney gets hurt.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-13-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

Default So many ways BP can go

We have lost 3 out of 6 CBs and added Terrail Lambert, I don't even know who he is and how good he is, maybe PS material???

We invested in John Chick, CFL MVP, mainly for the situational pass rushing, his scouting report sounds so much like Mathis. Brock is gone and most likely Eric Foster is the run down DE, IMO, who will play more snaps and move into Brock's role. We also signed Mitch King. So I would be very surprised if BP goes DE in round 1 unless Everson Griffen drops to us. With so many 3-4 teams, Griffen and Hughes could be gone.

I love Devin McCourty, he screams scheme fit but then his stock has gone up enough that I doubt he will be there. Maurkice Pouncey's stock is just high enough that the Vikings might go for him. Eagles and Jets are eyeing Jerry Hughes closely. Brandon Graham will not get past the Falcons, if he ever drops.

Looking at all of this, Charles Brown, Rodger Saffold, Kareem Jackson - one of them is very likely going to be there for our pick. Another kicker, if the Bengals (taking safety Taylor Mays over Gresham), the Patriots (taking Sergio Kindle over Gresham), the Ravens (taking CB McCourty over Gresham), all of whom need TE pass on him, I wonder what BP will do.

My sleeper pick for round 1 is Kareem Jackson, a CB that puts in film time and has played good competition, he is rising up draft boards and is a top of round 2 to late round 1 pick, just in our ballpark. SEC, Big East, ACC, Big Ten - those 4 have primarily been the conferences Polian has got his first round pick from. Rob Morris was the rare exception (even Ugoh that BP gave a round 1 pick for was from the SEC). Based on that and the likelihood of players being available at our pick, Saffold or Kareem Jackson.

My sleeper pick is Kareem Jackson of Alabama.

I can see a draft like this:

Round 1 - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
Round 2 - Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale
Round 3 - Daniel Teo' Nesheim, DE, Washington
Round 4 - Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
Round 5 - Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA
Round 7 (pick 1): A.J.Edds, OLB, Iowa
Round 7 (pick 2): LeRoy Vann, KR/PR/CB, Florida A & M
Round 7 (pick 3): Jeff Byers, C, USC (BP likes to get an O-lineman at the end of the draft recently)

Last edited by chad72 : 04-13-2010 at 09:45 PM.