Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Ronnie23

www.si.com NFL Rumors

With the Lack of Depth of the Buffalo Bills and the Green Bay Packers, Those 2 teams should make a push to trade for him. Maybe a 3rd ou 4th rounder ?

Thoughts ?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Change the thread title.

edit- Thank you

Last edited by duckseason : 03-12-2007 at 02:48 PM.
duckseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that the Buffalo - Dallas offer was Jones to Buffalo and then swap 1st round picks, I would assume Buffalo would also pick up another selection from Dallas because I don't think that Jones is worth the 48th pick in the draft considering what we got for McGahee. If we got something else it would probably be a 4th or 3rd round pick or a future selection. I wouldn't trade our second for Jones and that is pretty much what that trade would be.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on the market value of guys like Thomas Jones and Willis McGahee, who are a little older, JJ is likely to fetch a late 3rd or a 4th rounder for his services. I'm sure he can find a home somewhere, but I'm not certain that Dallas won't just cut him. That could erode his value.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha i would want the giants to take him for a 4th round pick anyday

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Buffalo having such a good shot at getting Peterson in the Draft I think it's more likely they put their effort into securing him than trade for Jones.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes the Giants look foolish for getting Droughns. Especially if it takes them out of the Jones market. My money's on Buffalo.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
With Buffalo having such a good shot at getting Peterson in the Draft I think it's more likely they put their effort into securing him than trade for Jones.
How do you figure Buffalo has a good chance at getting Peterson? He's top 5 talent, and somehow they'll get him at #12? That makes no sense at all.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-12-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
This makes the Giants look foolish for getting Droughns. Especially if it takes them out of the Jones market. My money's on Buffalo.
They could still get Jones and keep Droughns. We are paying Droughns basically nothing as of now. And he could be cut next year with no cap hit. Julius is a much better fit when looking for a compliment to Jacobs. I doubt Dallas would trade him to the Giants anyway. Which probably played a part in making a move for Droughns.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
why would dallas want to trade jones to a division rival. that would be stupid.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Agreed. The price for Jones to the Giants would likely be a second rounder.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction: Julius Jones will be traded on draft day.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
How do you figure Buffalo has a good chance at getting Peterson? He's top 5 talent, and somehow they'll get him at #12? That makes no sense at all.
because the 11 teams before them have more glaring needs than running back?
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oakland: Signed Rhodes.
Detroit: Singed Bell and Duckett.
Cleveland: Signed Lewis.
Tampa Bay: Got Williams.
Arizona: Got James. Might be looking at AD.
Washington: Got Portis and Betts.
Minnesota: Got Taylor and HC is not a fan of a 2-back system I believe.
Houston: Signed Green.
Miami: Got Brown.
Atlanta: Might pick up AD if available.
San Francisco: Got Gore.
Buffalo: Wants AD ;)

As you can see there is a pretty good chance Adrian Peterson could fall to Buffalo at #12. If they trade up before Atlanta I would say it's the most probable outcome.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction: This is nothing but fake, they need the 2 back system.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
agreed but if they got a 2nd rounder for him which they probably could not. the boys could get some1 better.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought the same thing when I read it

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
it's legit b/c Barber showed he can be a good back in these league and then a back in the draft could be their #2

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they deal Jones, I don't think it'll happen until it gets close to draft day, because I think they'd be moving up to position themselves for a running back in such a move. Barber's nice, but I don't think anyone sees him as a legit lead back and he needs someone else to work with, if not to be the number 2 to.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't belive Barber to be a lead back. He could be enjoying the same glory/hype as Troy Hambrick did averaging 4.8 behind Emmitt.

Barber is good. If we trade Julius, I want Antonio Pittman. Pittman is tough and has the ability to take it the distance. Would be a nice compliment to Barber.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
clumping platelets
Rookie

clumping platelets hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bills just re-signed A-Train but if Peterson were available at #12, I suspect they would draft him.

As for Julius Jones, I wouldn't give up more than a 4th..........Cowboys do not use him at the goalline for a reason
clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
If they deal Jones, I don't think it'll happen until it gets close to draft day, because I think they'd be moving up to position themselves for a running back in such a move. Barber's nice, but I don't think anyone sees him as a legit lead back and he needs someone else to work with, if not to be the number 2 to.
Send Jones and #22 to GB for #16? Maybe throw in a late rounder? Assuming Lynch is still there. Sound like an option maybe?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I would assume Dallas would use Jones as a chip to move up in the draft. Obviously, they have some sort of plan here in terms of how they want the offense to run. While JJ doesn't fit their plans, he is a capable player and is still on his rookie contract.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
it's legit b/c Barber showed he can be a good back in these league and then a back in the draft could be their #2
no he hasnt he has never proven he can take the load.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't belive Barber to be a lead back. He could be enjoying the same glory/hype as Troy Hambrick did averaging 4.8 behind Emmitt.

Barber is good. If we trade Julius, I want Antonio Pittman. Pittman is tough and has the ability to take it the distance. Would be a nice compliment to Barber.
what about bush d-unit, hes going to be a real good pro back. i see you like pittman though. kenny irons would be a good compliment too, plus him and owens would get along nicely. you see the skills challenge on espn? lol how irons was acting haha. hes funny as it gets.