Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Send Jones and #22 to GB for #16? Maybe throw in a late rounder? Assuming Lynch is still there. Sound like an option maybe?
I would puke if we did that. If we move up, it better be for Landry, Nelson, or Okoye. We can get a backup for MB3 later. If we trade Jones, it's because we like Barber as our starter.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is incredibly early right now. Pretty much no one knows exactly what kind of offense the Cowboys will even have. The Jones rumors could be smoke coming from his agent, or they could be substantive. I can't say for sure. All I know is that JJ is a good RB, not a great one. He lacks some toughness, but he is capable.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year Julius was nearly traded as the Boys tried to get into position to draft Maroney.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
I would puke if we did that. If we move up, it better be for Landry, Nelson, or Okoye. We can get a backup for MB3 later. If we trade Jones, it's because we like Barber as our starter.
Well, I wouldn't puke at Lynch, but I agree there are other options. What's nice is we'd jump right ahead of JAX.... right in line to steal Nelson from under them.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Last year Julius was nearly traded as the Boys tried to get into position to draft Maroney.
God I would have loved that. That would've been the sickest backfield in the league.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
That trade was assuming Lynch was on the board at 16 and the Boys wanted to trade to get a true #1 back.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't puke at Lynch, but I agree there are other options. What's nice is we'd jump right ahead of JAX.... right in line to steal Nelson from under them.
I just don't like the idea of giving up Julius AND our 1st just for Lynch. Especially considering some of the other guys that would be available. I'd rather just keep Julius and stay at 22.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie23 View Post
www.si.com NFL Rumors

With the Lack of Depth of the Buffalo Bills and the Green Bay Packers, Those 2 teams should make a push to trade for him. Maybe a 3rd ou 4th rounder ?

Thoughts ?
Thomas Jones cost the 3rd pick in the 3rd round.

Willis McGahee cost the 17th pick in the 3rd round.

Julius Jones is an oft-injured finess back. He'll cost a very late 3rd at MOST.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Bradentonian
Rookie

Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I don't belive Barber to be a lead back. He could be enjoying the same glory/hype as Troy Hambrick did averaging 4.8 behind Emmitt.

Barber is good. If we trade Julius, I want Antonio Pittman. Pittman is tough and has the ability to take it the distance. Would be a nice compliment to Barber.
I think Booker would be a great compliment to Barber
Old 03-12-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this has been talked about all off-season, its a topic Dallas fans bring up when they get bored. Its not gonna happen.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Hell yea, REGGIE NELSON BABY!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
this has been talked about all off-season, its a topic Dallas fans bring up when they get bored. Its not gonna happen.
Yes it will BigMac, julius won't be a cowboy next season.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
This makes the Giants look foolish for getting Droughns. Especially if it takes them out of the Jones market. My money's on Buffalo.
How? What? What the hell are you talking about? That makes no sense. We traded crap for him, and on top of that Julius Jones sucks.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Oakland: Signed Rhodes.
Detroit: Singed Bell and Duckett.
Cleveland: Signed Lewis.
Tampa Bay: Got Williams.
Arizona: Got James. Might be looking at AD.
Washington: Got Portis and Betts.
Minnesota: Got Taylor and HC is not a fan of a 2-back system I believe.
Houston: Signed Green.
Miami: Got Brown.
Atlanta: Might pick up AD if available.
San Francisco: Got Gore.
Buffalo: Wants AD ;)

As you can see there is a pretty good chance Adrian Peterson could fall to Buffalo at #12. If they trade up before Atlanta I would say it's the most probable outcome.
Cleveland will pick AD. They only signed Lewis to a one year deal. The situation in Cleveland will be very similar to the one that just happened in New England. If not, Arizona will pick him as a good 1-2 punch with James, and if hell froze over and AD got past Arizona, he would make it to Atlanta, but not anywhere past there. The only way Buffalo has a chance at AD is if they trade up, but who will they trade with? It doesn't matter anyway, because AD wil go to Cleveland.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Yes it will BigMac, julius won't be a cowboy next season.
Once again, TNewFan41 predicts the future. Its just like one of those cheap phsychics, they tell you the future and then it never happens. All they did was rip you off of ten bucks.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

id give a 3rd or 4th for him
Old 03-12-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Prediction: This is nothing but fake, they need the 2 back system.
i actually couldnt agree more- Marion Barber cannot carry the ball 20-25x a game and they had a great mix between the 2 last year

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
i actually couldnt agree more- Marion Barber cannot carry the ball 20-25x a game and they had a great mix between the 2 last year

Yep, i think so too. They won't trade Julius unless they get a really good deal in their favor, which probably WONT happen. This probably all depends on draft day honestly.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't belive Barber to be a lead back. He could be enjoying the same glory/hype as Troy Hambrick did averaging 4.8 behind Emmitt.

Barber is good. If we trade Julius, I want Antonio Pittman. Pittman is tough and has the ability to take it the distance. Would be a nice compliment to Barber.
WHOA, I like Pittman and Barber.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna happen. JJ is a cowboy in 07
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not sure if the cowboys would trade julius to a division rival
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
im not sure if the cowboys would trade julius to a division rival
They wouldn't especially now that the Giants got Drougns.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
With Buffalo having such a good shot at getting Peterson in the Draft I think it's more likely they put their effort into securing him than trade for Jones.
I don't think their chances are that good. Houston has a 30 year old back who might have 1 or 2 decent seasons left, and they aren't gonna pass on Adrian Peterson for a guy like Landry or Branch who are clearly on a level below AD's.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was the Cowboys, I would keep Jones where he is. Jones and Barber III proved how effective the two of them can be together. Why fix something that isn't broken so to speak.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
If I was the Cowboys, I would keep Jones where he is. Jones and Barber III proved how effective the two of them can be together. Why fix something that isn't broken so to speak.
Because Jones is Broken..He played piss poor at the end of the year...If a DB Grab his shoelace, He fall........