Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I finished 171 out of 530 (give or take) at the WSOP Circuit. I didn't see any top top pros, but it was easy to tell who the good players were. I was pretty sure I wasn't giving off many tells, and I was doing my best to stay very consistent. I got outflopped a lot, but I made some good laydowns. Doubled up very early when I flopped 2 pair with Q-J against a guy who had A-Q (he pushed, and I had to call). Made some good plays, but the blinds caught up to me. I lasted 7 hours with a $4000 starting chip stack. Busted when I tried to steal with A-9 and was pot committed against a big stack with A-K...
Damn sucks to lose with AK, good job tho

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saturday at 2, I played in the Showboat tournament. $65 buy-in (they're raising it to $100 on weekends starting next week), $10k in starting chips. I took a few little hits early, but built a decent stack by playing the odds and attacking the weak players (and there were a lot of them). I had about $20k in chips and picked up A-A and busted a short stack riding A-9 and a medium stack who tried to isolate with Q's. That gave me a nice big stack of around $35k. I also busted a few more small stacks with K's and J-10 (pot odds). Made it down to the final 2 tables and went completely card dead. Tried to stay patient, but the donks were calling blind steals with crap and catching. Ended up finishing in 11th when I called down the megastack's all in with 8's. He had Aces, and I was done. Finished just out of the money...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
Damn sucks to lose with AK, good job tho
I lost with A-9 against A-K.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-12-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Sunday at 11, I played in the $100 buy-in daily tournament. Played well again, but lost all of my races. Lost to pocket 9's against A-K 3 times. When I finally built up a decent stack (caught a card with K-Q against A-J), I picked up Q's and was reraised all in by a medium stack. I called, and her K-Q outdrew me. Made it to the final 4 tables, but finished 33rd out of 91. I had $15k in chips (average stack around $20k). Picked up A-K in the big blind against 4 limpers. I went all in, hoping to steal the pot. A guy with $25,000 in chips limped in middle position, then called my all in for 60% of his stack with 2 bigger stacks behind him. He flopped a boat, and I was done...

Old 03-12-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never made it to my tournament on Friday night. Ended up having to go to a close friend of the families mother's wake.

Then my buddy was supposed to get a free suite at the trop tonight, but couldn't get it last minute. So I'm going through a bit of withdrawal.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Jug, if you're willing to sit through a timeshare presentation, I can probably get you 2 nights free at the Fairfield Resort over by the Taj.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I lost with A-9 against A-K.
OHHHH, sorry.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jug, if you're willing to sit through a timeshare presentation, I can probably get you 2 nights free at the Fairfield Resort over by the Taj.
Appreciate it, but not neccesary. My buddy should be able to get the free suite next Monday or Tuesday night or the week after. I believe he just contacted them too late. He got a call letting him know the Trop has a free suite for him any Monday or Tuesday night in March or April. We talked about going all last week but he didn't place the call to reserve it until last night and they didn't have one available.

Edit: This post just reminded me to call him. And yes in fact he has already booked the free suite for next Monday. But again I appreciate the offer.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 03-12-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Well, this is an anytime proposition. My gf and I just bought into the Fairfield in AC. We get money off our payments each time people go and listen to the presentation, so I'm being mildly greedy about it. haha. Anytime you want to go on your own, you can. PM me if you need the hookup.

That goes for everyone, of course. You have to be 21.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never played in a tournament in AC before. I would love to do it one of these days.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

AC Tournaments are very difficult to do well in consistently. If you're not a strong player, you have to get very lucky. If you are a strong player, you have to be very careful when making bluffs and moves because you can often get called down. Of course, when you hit a monster or are on a draw, you can often get paid off nicely. If you can make strong reads and get away from hands, you can win consistently. Of course, you still need some luck...

Old 03-12-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
AC Tournaments are very difficult to do well in consistently. If you're not a strong player, you have to get very lucky. If you are a strong player, you have to be very careful when making bluffs and moves because you can often get called down. Of course, when you hit a monster or are on a draw, you can often get paid off nicely. If you can make strong reads and get away from hands, you can win consistently. Of course, you still need some luck...
Most people get confused and think they can bluff amateurs. It's harder to bluff amateurs they need to find the strongest players and bluff them because they are more likely to lay down a big hand.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Most people get confused and think they can bluff amateurs. It's harder to bluff amateurs they need to find the strongest players and bluff them because they are more likely to lay down a big hand.
Agreed. I can be bluffed, but it's getting harder as my reading ability improves. The easiest players to bluff are the very new weak-tight players, then the above average players who are just improving to the point that they'll lay down a hand.

When I'm in AC in these lower limit tourneys, I play A-B-C poker. Sure, I'll raise with some junk, then value bet when I flop big, but you can't do advanced plays, like the squeeze against amateurs and idiots.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Bump out of spite.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Bump out of spite.
hehe

/10characters
Old 03-16-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
my future me
Veteran

my future me hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just needed to vent

Playing 1/2 Omaha 8/OB @ at Pokerstars. I'm up about $110 in a half-hour. Im in the BB w/ a very poor hand of 2 4 6 8 rainbow. 3 players call to me, I check. Flop comes 6 6 2, and I flop the nuts. I check. Button raises 5 dollars. I know he must have a six and w/ 2 cards to come I want to push him out of the flop, so I raise 20. He raises all in (about 110 total) so I call. He has a six and catches an Ace on the river to win the almost 200 dollar pot.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my future me View Post
Just needed to vent

Playing 1/2 Omaha 8/OB @ at Pokerstars. I'm up about $110 in a half-hour. Im in the BB w/ a very poor hand of 2 4 6 8 rainbow. 3 players call to me, I check. Flop comes 6 6 2, and I flop the nuts. I check. Button raises 5 dollars. I know he must have a six and w/ 2 cards to come I want to push him out of the flop, so I raise 20. He raises all in (about 110 total) so I call. He has a six and catches an Ace on the river to win the almost 200 dollar pot.
I hate online poker. When that nut buster comes on the river, I want to see it leave the dealers hand. Something about playing online is too fake for me.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
I hate online poker. When that nut buster comes on the river, I want to see it leave the dealers hand. Something about playing online is too fake for me.
Well obviously the biggest negative about online poker is that you don't get to see your opponents and can't read them.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Online poker is very valuable if you can read betting pattern tells. In this scenario, my future made a good read and knew the guy had the case 6. Still, his call was correct because the guy might have had a 2 and then 9 outs to beat him. His implied odds were very solid here, and I would have made the same play. Of course, I also hate Omaha because of the swings like that...

Old 03-16-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate A-K, I never win with it, Anna Kournikova, looks good but never wins. Suited is even worse, its gotten to the point that I pretty much fold it if anyone bets a reasonable ammount.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Folding A-K is not a solid EV play. It is the best drawing hand in hold 'em. Of course, to play it right you have to get a little lucky and make good reads. Playing A-K online is incredibly tricky. I have stopped playing online because of the idiot bad beats (bad programming + bad players), plus the fact that I have solid hand-reading skills and tell-reading skills that are eliminated by the electronics. I also tend to play way too much.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Folding A-K is not a solid EV play. It is the best drawing hand in hold 'em. Of course, to play it right you have to get a little lucky and make good reads. Playing A-K online is incredibly tricky. I have stopped playing online because of the idiot bad beats (bad programming + bad players), plus the fact that I have solid hand-reading skills and tell-reading skills that are eliminated by the electronics. I also tend to play way too much.
Just read all your stories. Moral of the story...play cash games. I have no dreams of seeing my face on ESPN, I just want enough money so I'll never have to get a real job.

Playing poker online is more stressful than brain surgery. I agree with what you said about it.

Didn't you end up going to see GW? I saw they took it. Then got blown out in the big one, but at least they made it.

Listening to the UNLV game right now.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'm not the best at poker, but me and a few friends get together and play poker at my place about every other week.

I don't really know what this added to the conversation but hey, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

I'm going to a casino for my 21st B-Day and play in a few cash games. Don;t know what casino yet. Probably somewhere close to home. I can't wait.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Where is New Iberia?