Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a lot of people predicting the same order as last year, which is typical. However, it's not going to happen. It's very rare that the four teams in the division finish in the same order two years in a row.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I see a lot of people predicting the same order as last year, which is typical. However, it's not going to happen. It's very rare that the four teams in the division finish in the same order two years in a row.
The only difference from this year and last was Green Bay.

Chicago is entrenched at the top. Beyond that you could make some arguments.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The only difference from this year and last was Green Bay.

Chicago is entrenched at the top. Beyond that you could make some arguments.
Barring injuries, anyways.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Barring injuries, anyways.
Of course. Nobody is going to predict injuries.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Of course. Nobody is going to predict injuries.
After the last two years, Green Bay probably should... same with the Giants.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this. The Lions, Packers, and Bears fans can all get optimistic, but everyone would shoot down any Vikings fan that gets excited. This disgusts me.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I hate this. The Lions, Packers, and Bears fans can all get optimistic, but everyone would shoot down any Vikings fan that gets excited. This disgusts me.
WE'VE GOT TEH BRETT FARVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND DORSE THE HORSE!!!
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Anyone can be optomistic. What's your reasoning though? I've asked the same thing to Lions fans (the very few that are optomistic) and can't say I buy that reasoning.

In fact, I think toonster just made the best pro-Lions argument I've ever heard. 7-8 wins doesn't seem quite as insane as it once did.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
If we don't get Brady Quinn this year. I'll bet everything we have that we win more than 2 ******* games next year.
Who's your offense? Jackson, Taylor, McMullen, and that bust Williamson? The chance of them winning anymore than four is slim with that group.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Without seeing the schedules of the teams, I would predict something on this order:
1 Bears at 11-5
2 Packers 10-6
3 vikings 9-7
4 lions 2-14 Just don't see any hope in this franchise at all.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Chicago (11-5)
2. Green Bay (10-6)
3. Detroit (6-10)
4. Minnesota (6-10)
Old 03-12-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone can be optomistic. What's your reasoning though? I've asked the same thing to Lions fans (the very few that are optomistic) and can't say I buy that reasoning.

In fact, I think toonster just made the best pro-Lions argument I've ever heard. 7-8 wins doesn't seem quite as insane as it once did.
I'm just saying if I tried to be hopeful about the Vikings and post a record around .500, people would kill me. I'm pretty sure there's no way the Bears, Lions, and Packers will all be over .500. I won't say we'lll be .500 or over, just because I'm pessimestic and semi-realistic, but if I were to, I'd just point to some of the losses last year we gave up in the last minutes. But I'm sure the other people would just say "Look at all the wins you got lucky with". I don't know why I see these people saying that we're going to go 2-14 or 3-13. We didn't lose that much this offseason. There's no reason we can't be 5-11 or 6-10 at least.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
QFT.

Most people take the prior season and expect the teams to play the same. It just wont happen. The Bears could struggle, the Vikings could explode, and the Lions could finish 8-8. ANYTHING can happen each year.

Which is why this thread is pointless.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
QFT.

Most people take the prior season and expect the teams to play the same. It just wont happen. The Bears could struggle, the Vikings could explode, and the Lions could finish 8-8. ANYTHING can happen each year.

Which is why this thread is pointless.
Thank you. No one could have predicted that the Saints and Redskins would have the season that they did. Everyone also thought last year would be the Cardinals "breakout year".
Old 03-12-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think the Vikings 06 draft is an incomplete. At the end of the day, Chad Greenway was going to make or break that draft because he was drafted with the aim of being the centerpiece of that defensive scheme at the weakside spot. The rest of the class was okay. Griffin showed enough promise, and should fit fine within the scheme. Ray Edwards was a nice gamble who always had athletic ability but the off-field issues probably hurt him some last year.

I think thats right i think If greenway comes in and plays well there is no doubt we had a good draft, but i also believe it depnds on T-Jack if he stinks it up the draft will be written off as horrid(unjustly) but everyone else seems to focus in on the pick of Jackson. For that reason he will make or break our draft far more than Greenway.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just saying if I tried to be hopeful about the Vikings and post a record around .500, people would kill me. I'm pretty sure there's no way the Bears, Lions, and Packers will all be over .500. I won't say we'lll be .500 or over, just because I'm pessimestic and semi-realistic, but if I were to, I'd just point to some of the losses last year we gave up in the last minutes. But I'm sure the other people would just say "Look at all the wins you got lucky with". I don't know why I see these people saying that we're going to go 2-14 or 3-13. We didn't lose that much this offseason. There's no reason we can't be 5-11 or 6-10 at least.

yea i dont get all the 2-14, 3-13's and so on this team is not that bad. With any semi-decent offense we would have been a 12 win team this year, a lot of the reasons we didnt have a good offense are due to 1.offensive penaties i dont know just who all to put the blame on for this but penalties are always drive killers 2. Bad Play calling, there is a reason andy reid didnt let childress call plays in philly and ill just leave it at that 3. Recievers, the reason they are three is that they may not have been as bad as it seems, due to the first two things on the list, when put in bad situations by offensive line geting penalized that makes it all the more important to call the right play to get the yards needed, the recievers have to still make the play but its a team game and when you have a mediocre corp. of recievers they have to be put in a good situation to be any good. and also i know there was a few times one of the recievers make a great play but than its called back by penalty like in the game aginst the packers at Lambeau travis taylor made a great catch that could of broke it wide open but it was called back from a penalty... But what i can say with one Realiable wide reciever on last years team thats at least 3 more wins right there

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 03-12-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:13 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Who's your offense? Jackson, Taylor, McMullen, and that bust Williamson? The chance of them winning anymore than four is slim with that group.
No, they brought in Bobby Wade for something around $15 million and he'll likely be starting for them.

T-Jack<<
Old 03-14-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact is you reached for Jackson and now he *should* struggle mightily. Not only due to inexperience but lack of reliable options. Honestly the only thing he has going for him is his running attack and o-line. Now a couple years down the road could this team be good? Yes, but as of right now unless Jackson and your receivers are in perfect sync and he is far more advanced then I see him being, your team will struggle. On the positive, this year you should see your D growing by leaps and bounds with Greenway back.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote