Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 03-03-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BigBlue42
Rookie

BigBlue42 could make a wolverine purr.BigBlue42 could make a wolverine purr.BigBlue42 could make a wolverine purr.BigBlue42 could make a wolverine purr.BigBlue42 could make a wolverine purr.BigBlue42 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Which OL would Gibbs take?

With Alex Gibbs running the line, which olinemen would Gibbs look at in the draft?

Okung? - athletic enough to be LT of the future

Bruce Campbell? - athletic, but injury concerns

Charles Brown? - fast, athletic

What lower tier linemen would fit his style?

Also, what linemen would def. NOT fit in with the ZBS?
Is Anthony Davis too big?
BigBlue42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without looking it up I think the only first round tackle Alex Gibbs has ever been a part of drafting was duane Brown out of Vtech. He wants the blue collar hard working player over the highly touted prospects. So there's two ways to translate that into 2010 draft 1) he takes Bulaga 2) he doesn't need a first round OT.
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
KyleJames

I really like Kyle Calloway from Iowa at OL in round four. Shoot i like Bulaga at six if, McCoy, Sue, Okung are off the board. I have no ties to Iowa but im ok with taking both those guys. This years there are many good OL prospects, so i would like to see two taken this year.

Im not a fan of Anthony Davis not so much for size but overall work ethic and upside or lack of.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i bet gibbs would salivate over pouncey. he is a dream inside blocker.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.

I was reading an article, go find it so you can all read it (I highly suggested it), that said what kind of players he likes. He loves to build his line from the inside out. The center has a lot of responsibility, and he tells the gaurds what to do, and the gaurds tell the tackles, and the tackles tell the tight ends. The interior line has to be "crazy" smart, he said that you'd be "surprised" by how smart they have to be. His tackles are rarely over 6'3, size doesnt matter on the inside, and he doesnt care how strong they are (as long as its not a liability). He likes good lateral movement from his offensive line, and is of course famous for once saying that he could turn a garbage man into a great offensive lineman, hes all about continuity.

So, with that said. Unger seems like a solid center, and if not a gaurd, but other then that, we don't have anyone that fits Gibbs style. Locklears pretty much stuck here, and I think he'll be the RT, but LT, LG/C and RG all need to be adressed and he will likely be able to find guys in the middle rounds that he likes.
MikeTeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTeel View Post
I was reading an article, go find it so you can all read it (I highly suggested it), that said what kind of players he likes. He loves to build his line from the inside out. The center has a lot of responsibility, and he tells the gaurds what to do, and the gaurds tell the tackles, and the tackles tell the tight ends. The interior line has to be "crazy" smart, he said that you'd be "surprised" by how smart they have to be. His tackles are rarely over 6'3, size doesnt matter on the inside, and he doesnt care how strong they are (as long as its not a liability). He likes good lateral movement from his offensive line, and is of course famous for once saying that he could turn a garbage man into a great offensive lineman, hes all about continuity.

So, with that said. Unger seems like a solid center, and if not a gaurd, but other then that, we don't have anyone that fits Gibbs style. Locklears pretty much stuck here, and I think he'll be the RT, but LT, LG/C and RG all need to be adressed and he will likely be able to find guys in the middle rounds that he likes.
http://seahawksdraft.blogspot.com/20...-as-he-is.html
Old 03-31-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it hard to justify passing on an OT in the first round looking at the qualifications that Gibbs has for his line. Also, weren't they interviewing Jared Veldheer from Hillsdale? He's 6'8" so he doesn't fit the qualifications. The only player that could step in immediately that isn't a first round pick and fits those qualifications outlined is Selvish Capers IMO. The top OT's & Brown will be long gone by the time we draft @ 60.

But I still can't see us passing on Okung at 6, or really any of the first round OT's at 14.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bulaga fits his scheme the best and with them having traded down in the second round (thanks Pete) i doubt they feel they could get anything resembling a bookend tackle if not in the first. I think in order they'll look at:

Bulaga
Okung
Williams
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer has been playing center in mini-camp, Unger at RG and Locklear at RT, and they seem happy with that set. There's been rumors that Trent Williams and Eric Berry are the targets at 6 (assuming Suh, McCoy and Okung are all gone). Carroll is on the Berry wagon and Gibbs is on the Williams wagon. If Giibs doesn't get his way I would say Charles Brown is the next target. IMO Brown is the best ZBS LT in the draft, 14 might be too high for him so a trade down is possible.

LT and LG need to be addressed in the draft. I'd love to see Charles Brown and Rodger Saffold.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown and Saffold are both probably going in the first round. Bulaga isn't as athletic as Williams, and Williams has played all along the line. Even if he busts at LT he can slide inside to G, where I think that Bulaga is a RT with a chance at being a LT. Think the opinion on Jake Long a couple of years ago, except he's nowhere near as athletic as Long was/is.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is a late 1st guy, Saffold I see as a early-mid 2nd. I'm hoping they trade back in the first and get both. My next target if Saffold is gone would be Jon Asamoah.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Brown and Saffold are both probably going in the first round. Bulaga isn't as athletic as Williams, and Williams has played all along the line. Even if he busts at LT he can slide inside to G, where I think that Bulaga is a RT with a chance at being a LT. Think the opinion on Jake Long a couple of years ago, except he's nowhere near as athletic as Long was/is.
Bulaga has better balance and drive than Williams. Charles Brown better be an option if they trade down, he isnt a top 14 player.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote