Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Well you heard WAY wrong. We re-signed Colombo, who was a good RT last season. Davis will be playing RG, and will dominate it.
Leonard Davis. Leonard Davis. Leonard Davis.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Microphon200
Rookie

Microphon200 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Nate Clements

No way he can live up to that contract. $80 million for a corner not named Champ Bailey or Chris McAlister is ludicrious. Clements is a quality corner don't get me wrong but that contract places him as the elite guy and I don't see it happening. He will be matched up twice a year against the likes of Torry Holt, Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin, and Deion Branch, and while he has the chance to develop into a top caliber guy, he's being paid as one and I feel the pressure of said contract will be too much for him to handle.
Finally, somebody who mentions Nate Clements.
Microphon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leonard Davis, just like him and his high draft pick

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leonard Davis, no matter where he plays. There was an earlier post about him moving to NT that seems pretty good to me...

Just thought I would like to add that TNewFan41 thinks he can predict the future...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(I'm assuming by bust, you refer to a free agent who has the biggest chance to bomb. Hardly anyone will live up to their exact numbers, really.)

The Joey Porter signing by the Dolphins probably gets my vote. It's partly understandable/excusable in that it's a completely short-term response by Cam Cameron to help his tenure have a chance at the long-term, but looking at the signing itself in a void, to give 20 mil guaranteed to Joey Porter is questionable at best - especially as Porter could already be on the downslide of his career. Plus with age, injuries and recovery time could come into play.

As an aside, I actually think Derrick Dockery will work out the best among the offensive lineman changing teams this off-season. Steinbach might be the better player, but Dockery will have the better situation.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big will be a average RG getting paid LT money

Clements is getting insane money will only be a top 15 corner

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Nate Clements

No way he can live up to that contract. $80 million for a corner not named Champ Bailey or Chris McAlister is ludicrious. Clements is a quality corner don't get me wrong but that contract places him as the elite guy and I don't see it happening. He will be matched up twice a year against the likes of Torry Holt, Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin, and Deion Branch, and while he has the chance to develop into a top caliber guy, he's being paid as one and I feel the pressure of said contract will be too much for him to handle.
You are aware that no matter what, Clements will not see $80 mil from that contract with the 49ers, even if he comes close to playing at en elite level for them. Thats because the last year of the contract will get voided out as soon as he gets his bonuse ( I believe a roster bonus) the last year gets voided out. So its a 7 years 64 million contract, of which he will probably only last 5 or 6. Which is still a lot of money, but not quite that unreasonable considering the other free agent signings this offseason.
KBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Leonard Davis is not gonna be a bust, he will probably be the best signing because he is playing GUARD!!!!

But w/e, think what you want, we will just throw it in your face next year when he is in the pro-bowl.
And you wonder why you have -3 rep.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm mildly surprised that no one has mentioned Patrick Kerney yet. Like the guy for his UVA roots ... but 19.5 million guaranteed, or whatever the number was, for a 31 year old DE coming off an injury is a lot. He needs a couple 10+ sack seasons to justify that deal. The supporting DL cast around him in Seattle is decent-solid ... but is it enough to free him up for advantageous situations consistently? Extending this some more, if Kerney and Co. don't generate enough pressure, that'll force them to blitz more, exposing a back 7 that is iffy in coverage, although Grant will help some.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOT DONNIE EDWARDS and NOT BONAPARTE HARRIS
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Leonard Davis is not gonna be a bust, he will probably be the best signing because he is playing GUARD!!!!

But w/e, think what you want, we will just throw it in your face next year when he is in the pro-bowl.
Ok then....... why can't someone state there opinion about a certain player??

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leonard Davis won't be great, its been a while since he played guard and he looks like be ballooned up since those days, even if he gets back down and into shape switch positions again is never easy.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two signings I don't like;
  • Patrick Kerney to Seattle
  • Joey Porter to Miami

It reminds me of when Hugh Douglas got a large contract from Jacksonville, despite his age. Any time you give that much guaranteed money to 30+ year old pass rusher, it's a dicey proposition.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I'm mildly surprised that no one has mentioned Patrick Kerney yet. Like the guy for his UVA roots ... but 19.5 million guaranteed, or whatever the number was, for a 31 year old DE coming off an injury is a lot. He needs a couple 10+ sack seasons to justify that deal. The supporting DL cast around him in Seattle is decent-solid ... but is it enough to free him up for advantageous situations consistently? Extending this some more, if Kerney and Co. don't generate enough pressure, that'll force them to blitz more, exposing a back 7 that is iffy in coverage, although Grant will help some.
Excellent point, Kerney slipped my mind. I expect the exact situation with Winstrom to play itself out with Kerney.

Last edited by Geo : 03-13-2007 at 02:42 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
  • Joey Porter to Miami

It reminds me of when Hugh Douglas got a large contract from Jacksonville, despite his age. Any time you give that much guaranteed money to 30+ year old pass rusher, it's a dicey proposition.
exactly and when its gauranteed, its kick back mode...maybe he wont try as hard to come back from that injury and kick it will tony montana down in the m i a

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
  • Joey Porter to Miami

You dont have to sugar coat it, we can handle the truth. The team would be better of giving that money away to their fans in a publicity stunt.
KBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, well I've been into it with enough Dolphins fans about the Porter signing. I was one of those who was most vocal that the Dolphins screwed up. He really struggled last year. At his age I only expect his skills and production to further decline. At the least if you sign him to a contract, make it incentive laden. Instead he's getting 20$ Million guaranteed.

The Kerney signing is interesting because every single Falcons fan here was hoping Kerney would leave and the team wouldn't resign him. Because none of us felt he deserved what he was making, at the time, let alone getting a raise. I think that says everything right there. I like Kerney, but he hasn't been good at all the past two years.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-12-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hate the Langston Walker signing. I don't think he will be starting for us in 2009. I can't imagine a way for him to not be terrible. Not worth that money at all. Would have muich rather just given that money to Lance Briggs when he eventually becomes a Buffalo Bill :D
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

All of the Browns signings will go wrong because we're the Browns..............sigh
Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Clements.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
  • Joey Porter to Miami

Porter will be only 30 years old in like a couple of weeks. I know he's overrated, but I just don't understand why you dog the guy so much. Sure, he isn't great like he was, but he's still a good pass rushing LB and that is what we needed very BADLY on defense.

Last edited by Ace : 03-12-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

He's good, but he's being paid like he's great. I just think his production could be matched by a draftee at a much significantly lower price, with upside towards the future, that's all.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

langston walker

explanation: he played on the raiders oline last year

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrick0016 View Post
All of the Browns signings will go wrong because we're the Browns..............sigh
atleast you admit it:D
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I can't see how Vinsanthe Shiancoe could be a bust. It's not like we paid him that much money.
lol actually you paid a lot more than what he was worth.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote