Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Briggs come home to AZ
Briggs is from California, and refers to himself as such. Even when he does the MNF he usually says what high school he is from cause he's embaressed of the University of Arizona.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo #12(1200) Chicago #31(600) & Lance Briggs that trade values lance briggs as the same value of #31 overall depending on personal opions it could be considered a good deal
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
living on your own or with your friends for one year is not a big deal so you can be happy. there is a vast differnce i guarantee he has the resources to gut it out for a year if need be. i doubt he would.. but still.
You realize how stupid this is right?

Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Cause he said the Bears 31st and Briggs for the 12th.

Reading. It's fundamental.
You know it is quite possible to make a point on a messageboard without being a complete douchebag in the process. Just a thought.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you'd give up 7 million for one year to live on a buddy's couch? you think anyone, realistically, would? if the bears do nothing, he'll come back, if for no other reason than that it would be financially stupid not to.
Eh, with how crazy the markets are getting him sitting out a year is realistic. I'm sure he would never stay on a friend's couch, that is just dumb. But my guess is that Briggs had made about 3 million in his career so far. If he isn't a complete moron with his money, he could sit on his ass in a nice apartment for a year and do nothing. Going back and playing for 7 million guaranteed is a risk of getting a career ending injury when he could probably sit a full year, not risk injury, and get 18-20 million guaranteed in 2008.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
you'd give up 7 million for one year to live on a buddy's couch? you think anyone, realistically, would? if the bears do nothing, he'll come back, if for no other reason than that it would be financially stupid not to.
your asking the wrong person because i value being happy over anything else. like i said i doubt he has the balls to sit out a season.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Eh, with how crazy the markets are getting him sitting out a year in realistic. I'm sure he would never stay on a friend's couch, that is just dumb. But my guess is that Briggs had made about 3 million in his career so far. If he isn't a complete moron with his money, he could sit on his ass in a nice apartment for a year and do nothing. Going back and playing for 7 million guaranteed is a risk of getting a career ending injury when he could probably sit a full year, not risk injury, and get 18-20 million guaranteed in 2008.
exactly, nicely said.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
You know it is quite possible to make a point on a messageboard without being a complete douchebag in the process. Just a thought.
Yeah good one. Cause you weren't acting like a condescending know-it-all when you thought you knew what you were talking about. Just learn to use your brain next time and it won't be an issue.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
in spite of your join date and post total, i'd venture to guess you don't spend much time here. because 74% of the time, it's not.
And, I don't buy that logic at all. There are various ways to make a point without resulting to insults, however, it seems like some people prefer that way for whatever reason they see fit.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Everyone may know the Briggs and Jauron connection. And both have said great things about each other, as Briggs said he would like to play for Jauron again.

BUT.. Did you know that before Levy took the job as GM here in Buffalo, he was one of the announcers for the Bears. And he was one of the first to say that Briggs was a superstar in the making.

Both the Coach and GM love Briggs, and we have a need at LB. I have a feeling that this may be a draft day type trade. The Bills will see thier choices at the #12 and possibly make a move. That or I could even see giving a next years first round pick for him with one of thier thirds
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i can't comment on briggs' intelligence, but i'd have to guess he hasn't had a sound financial plan (based on nothing but watching MTV Cribs). if he hasn't invested well, that money is basically gone at this point, moreso because the taxes on his salary alone will roughly cut it in half. meh. the injury argument is the only one that makes any sense, but i think he's an idiot if he banks on next year's cap being anything like this years if there's money on the table.
Next year's cap will probably go up 3 million I'm guessing. Not nearly the 9 or so it has each of the last two years. Either way teams are still a ton of money under the cap with very few quality free agent left, if there were any to start off with. I don't think contract prices will go up next off season but I would assume we will see similar deals. Also I've never seen his MTV Cribs, ha. Only seen Will Demps. I don't know how he deserved one.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoyer421 View Post
Everyone may know the Briggs and Jauron connection. And both have said great things about each other, as Briggs said he would like to play for Jauron again.

BUT.. Did you know that before Levy took the job as GM here in Buffalo, he was one of the announcers for the Bears. And he was one of the first to say that Briggs was a superstar in the making.

Both the Coach and GM love Briggs, and we have a need at LB. I have a feeling that this may be a draft day type trade. The Bills will see thier choices at the #12 and possibly make a move. That or I could even see giving a next years first round pick for him with one of thier thirds
All very good points. Although as I recall Levy had a radio show, he wasn't an announcer. But yes, Marv is in love with all things Chicago, which is why he keeps trying to sign all of our coaches and players.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Eh, with how crazy the markets are getting him sitting out a year is realistic. I'm sure he would never stay on a friend's couch, that is just dumb. But my guess is that Briggs had made about 3 million in his career so far. If he isn't a complete moron with his money, he could sit on his ass in a nice apartment for a year and do nothing. Going back and playing for 7 million guaranteed is a risk of getting a career ending injury when he could probably sit a full year, not risk injury, and get 18-20 million guaranteed in 2008.
Unless they tag him again, which they probably will.

Jerry Angelo makes Jeffrey Lurie look like Santa Claus. I think you're all forgetting that. He traded Jones because he wanted to.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
All very good points. Although as I recall Levy had a radio show, he wasn't an announcer. But yes, Marv is in love with all things Chicago, which is why he keeps trying to sign all of our coaches and players.
Ha HA.. true. And yes you are right about the radio show. I mistyped!
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoyer421 View Post

Also the Bills are a non-conference team that the Bears won't be playing for another couple years. It's a good fit, but I definitely see it as a draft day trade once the Bills see what they have at 12.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Unless they tag him again, which they probably will.

Jerry Angelo makes Jeffrey Lurie look like Santa Claus. I think you're all forgetting that. He traded Jones because he wanted to.
If he tags him again then Angelo is just a spiteful ass. Bottom line.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm surprised they haven't gotten a trade for him yet. Would you mind trading a 1st round pick for him? Think about it, he's an all-pro quality player that will have an immediate impact on the defense, and on top of that, he's only 26. If you draft a lber in the first round, more than likely, he won't be as good as Briggs. It'll take him a while for him to adjust, and even after he does adjust, what's to say that he's going to be an all-pro like Briggs? I haven't heard how much the Bears have been asking though, so that might be why no deals been done.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Why the hell would you capitalize the first letter of every word, but then use an abbreviation for regular? Weird.
he didnt, if you post completely in caps it changes to that
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
He's a business man. This isn't the business of making friends.

And being a spiteful ass can get you very far in life. Maybe if Briggs has a problem with the franchise tag he should talk to his own union, which authorized the renewal of it. If they don't like it so much, don't put it in there. The Bears are doing what they are legally allowed to do to protect their interests.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoe20 View Post
I'm surprised they haven't gotten a trade for him yet. Would you mind trading a 1st round pick for him? Think about it, he's an all-pro quality player that will have an immediate impact on the defense, and on top of that, he's only 26. If you draft a lber in the first round, more than likely, he won't be as good as Briggs. It'll take him a while for him to adjust, and even after he does adjust, what's to say that he's going to be an all-pro like Briggs? I haven't heard how much the Bears have been asking though, so that might be why no deals been done.
According to Jerry (and take it for what it is worth) he said they would consider no trade offers.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
He's a business man. This isn't the business of making friends.

And being a spiteful ass can get you very far in life. Maybe if Briggs has a problem with the franchise tag he should talk to his own union, which authorized the renewal of it. If they don't like it so much, don't put it in there. The Bears are doing what they are legally allowed to do to protect their interests.
Well that is a whole another story. I could go on for a while about how poorly the football players union is run and how much of a clown Upshaw is.

What year did Angelo become GM by the way.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
yea, if he tags him the bears organization has no class.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or he wants to receive compensation for one of his best players.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quite frankly I doubt Briggs has the money to skip the whole season. He's been making less around 500k.
I'm sure 99.9% of the people in the world would love to live on 500k a year.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to Jerry (and take it for what it is worth) he said they would consider no trade offers.
According to Jerry we weren't trading Thomas Jones either.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote