Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I'm sure 99.9% of the people in the world would love to live on 500k a year.
Which is relavent because?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well that is a whole another story. I could go on for a while about how poorly the football players union is run and how much of a clown Upshaw is.

What year did Angelo become GM by the way.

Poop.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
According to Jerry we weren't trading Thomas Jones either.
Not true. He said that they would look to accomodate Jones' request this season because it was time for both parties to go a different way and they were ready for Benson to start. If you really don't believe me I can find you the quote.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Or he wants to receive compensation for one of his best players.
Tag and trade him. Thats fine. But if they tag him again thinking he will play to see if he will sit a second season would be quite spiteful.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure 99.9% of the people in the world would love to live on 500k a year.
99.9% of the people in the world don't retire before theyre 35 because their bodies have completely shut down and they can't remember their children's names because of one too may concussions.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Not true. He said that they would look to accomodate Jones' request this season because it was time for both parties to go a different way and they were ready for Benson to start. If you really don't believe me I can find you the quote.
I think after or on draft day Briggs is gone.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Tag and trade him. Thats fine. But if they tag him again thinking he will play to see if he will sit a second season would be quite spiteful.
If Briggs was smart he wouldn't go public and make a big **** about it. By doing that he's not only decreasing his value but he's putting the Bears in a corner where if they trade him they look like they are publicly backing down.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest im not so sure im sold on this whole buffalo trading #12 for briggs they need a LB but they also need RB now and with marshawn lynch(or possibly Adrian Peterson) sitting there why are they going to trade for briggs just to have a mediocre running back group next year? i think i can see Bills could trade their second round and maybe one of there two thirds but not so much the #12

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 03-12-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Briggs was smart he wouldn't go public and make a big **** about it. By doing that he's not only decreasing his value but he's putting the Bears in a corner where if they trade him they look like they are publicly backing down.
He's also making himself look like a baby. He doesn't want to take 7.2 million dollars to play for a contending football team? He'll only make himself money by playing.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree briggs should have just taken it all in stride gone and out there n had a MONSTER year and than get what he deserves being one of the TOP free agents next(assuming they wouldnt tag him again)
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Power to the people Briggs!! Don't let the man tell you what to do.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Power to the people Briggs!! Don't let the man tell you what to do.
The man was signing his 7.2 million paycheck. I can't even begin to tell you all the things I'd do for 7.2 million dollars.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 03-12-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what to believe about this.

One side is the obvious, Briggs wants leverage but I wouldn't expect him to say "I'M WHOLEDING OUT CUZ I WHANT MO MONES" in March, 4 months from the beginning of Training Camp. I mean, if the Bears had no interest in trading him, wouldn't Briggs' stock take a tumble if he held out for a whole season? Why would he risk that?

Also, at this time last year didn't Thomas Jones say something along the same lines without the franchise tag though? It's too early for me to take this seriously but I guess in theory anything is possible.

I'm a believer in that you should try to get what you are worth. If you feel that you are a top-5 LB, all the power to you. In today's age of contracts and guaranteed money you have to think what's going to happen down the line. Sure, 500k per year is nice and all but what happens once Briggs hits say, 35 and retires? He probably spends a bit of that money and has to go 20years with maybe kids going to college (if they don't get a scholarships) there will be quite a bit of money being needed. I'm not too sure if the NFL pension policy is any good so I can't hold judgement on it.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
99.9% of the people in the world don't retire before theyre 35 because their bodies have completely shut down and they can't remember their children's names because of one too may concussions.
And this has happened to Briggs?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And this has happened to Briggs?
It happens to football player in general. Its a terrible fallacy to say that just because something applies outside of football that it should apply inside the NFL. I gave you an example of something that applies to the NFL but doesnt apply to average Joe's.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It happens to football player in general. Its a terrible fallacy to say that just because something applies outside of football that it should apply inside the NFL. I gave you an example of something that applies to the NFL but doesnt apply to average Joe's.
But it has nothing to do with what he was saying.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just wondering who is Briggs' agent?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
just wondering who is Briggs' agent?
I believe it's Rosenhaus (sp)

Old 03-12-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok now i understand why he is holding out

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he will sit the whole year but...He is taking a HUGE risk there. If he does that, he can guarantee that any team that was looking into him this year will think twice about doing it next year. He will be seen as a player who only cares about himself and not his team. This is not a good idea if you ask me.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Neither do 99% of NFL players. There is risk involved in this business, but not necessarily more than hundreds of other jobs that ordinary people work in (who don't receive millions of dollars to play a game).
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

It's completely non-related. What people that don't play football would take as financial compensation doesn't matter. Who cares? That's probably why they don't play football.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Why the hell would you capitalize the first letter of every word, but then use an abbreviation for regular? Weird.
HAHA! Love it... great post.

+Rep.

(About topic: Good. Everyone thought that he'd just shut his mouth and play. If he's fed up with the organization, they should do the right thing and fix it... not just ignore him.)
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's completely non-related. What people that don't play football would take as financial compensation doesn't matter. Who cares? That's probably why they don't play football.
The point was he should have plenty of money to last a year.
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
HAHA! Love it... great post.

+Rep.

(About topic: Good. Everyone thought that he'd just shut his mouth and play. If he's fed up with the organization, they should do the right thing and fix it... not just ignore him.)

I already posted about that, he didn't.