Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Neither do 99% of NFL players. There is risk involved in this business, but not necessarily more than hundreds of other jobs that ordinary people work in (who don't receive millions of dollars to play a game).
But the risk and short lived career should be taken into account when commenting about a players so called "greed".

I may have misunderstood the original comment so I apologize if I did.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
The point was he should have plenty of money to last a year.
Of course. But is he going to turn down 7.2 million for nothing? I don't think so. But again, we'll see. Anything that anyone says right now is purely speculating. Briggs is property of the Chicago Bears. They own his rights. He can play and make money or not play and get nothing. If they trade him then good for him, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Of course. But is he going to turn down 7.2 million for nothing? I don't think so. But again, we'll see. Anything that anyone says right now is purely speculating. Briggs is property of the Chicago Bears. They own his rights. He can play and make money or not play and get nothing. If they trade him then good for him, but I don't think it's going to happen.
Just because you don't want it to happen dosen't mean it wont. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Just because you don't want it to happen dosen't mean it wont. :)
No I'm looking at this pretty objectively. I completely understand Briggs' perspective on this. He just doesn't have any leverage. Players say this every year and it never ever happens. In the history of the franchise tag there hasn't been a single player that has missed one game. Think about that.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he has all the leverage

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Go on.......

Old 03-12-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Why is that?

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No I'm looking at this pretty objectively. I completely understand Briggs' perspective on this. He just doesn't have any leverage. Players say this every year and it never ever happens. In the history of the franchise tag there hasn't been a single player that has missed one game. Think about that.
He wasn't tagged, but threatening to sit out unless he was traded worked for Deion Branch. I don't see how Branch had more leverage than Briggs has now.

Last edited by Basileus777 : 03-12-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how is going to hurt him not to play? I guarantee even if he sat out an entire year he would still make bank the next off season or if the bears chose to franchise him again its another 7 mill to sit on his can

and at this point any team that offers to trade for him is gonna want to know if he will play so thus giving him the option to choose where he goes

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I realize that, I was just giving you some ****.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who are some possible AFC teams that would trade for Briggs? I doubt Angelo will trade Briggs to any possible NFC contender much like how he trade Thomas Jones to the Jets.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He wasn't tagged, but threatening to sit out unless he was traded worked for Deion Branch. I don't see how Branch had more leverage than Briggs has now.
Yes he was. Lance Briggs was tagged by the Chicago Bears, hence why he is bitching. Am I missing something here?

Lance Briggs doesn't hold any leverage. We don't have to trade him. We don't have to do anything. He can sit on his ass this year and not play while not collecting a pay check. The ball is in his court, not the organizations.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok nevermind, I thought you were talking about Briggs Basileus. Or were you? Clear this up for me please.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yes he was. Lance Briggs was tagged by the Chicago Bears, hence why he is bitching. Am I missing something here?

Lance Briggs doesn't hold any leverage. We don't have to trade him. We don't have to do anything. He can sit on his ass this year and not play while not collecting a pay check. The ball is in his court, not the organizations.
The same was true for Deion Branch. In the end Branch still got what he wanted. Granted the Bears might refuse to cave in, but there is still probably a decent chance that Briggs will be traded.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

If Briggs sit this one out and the bears somehow get nothing for him he deserves man of the year.

they get smoked.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Quote:
Ok nevermind, I thought you were talking about Briggs Basileus. Or were you? Clear this up for me please.
I was using the example of Deion Branch from last year to show that threatening to sit the year out has forced teams to trade a player. Branch wasn't tagged, but he didn't have anymore leverage than Briggs has now. Yet Branch was still traded.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
The same was true for Deion Branch. In the end Branch still got what he wanted. Granted the Bears might refuse to cave in, but there is still probably a decent chance that Briggs will be traded.
So you were talking about Branch, ok gotcha. My fault.

Anywho, the Bears will trade him if they WANT to, not because they HAVE to. If they feel like the the best thing is to trade Lance because they get a good deal, they'll do it. But they won't trade him because he wants to be traded.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
If Briggs sit this one out and the bears somehow get nothing for him he deserves man of the year.
How funny though would that be if they franchised him again next year, hahahahah.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So you were talking about Branch, ok gotcha. My fault.

Anywho, the Bears will trade him if they WANT to, not because they HAVE to. If they feel like the the best thing is to trade Lance because they get a good deal, they'll do it. But they won't trade him because he wants to be traded.

Didn't they trade their best RB because he wanted to be traded?

they get smoked.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't they trade their best RB because he wanted to be traded?
They traded Thomas Jones because they were confident in Cedric Benson, and the value they were receiving was worth it in Jerry Angelo's mind. It was because Jerry and Lovie wanted to, not because Thomas wanted to.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 03-12-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know it may/will not happen..But Briggs would look damn sexy in a cowboys uniform!!!!!

I would be more then willing to give up a first(22nd) pick!
frogstomp

This thread is sextastic.

I've enjoyed laughing at about 5 different people's ignorance.

Bravo! Encore!
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
They traded Thomas Jones because they were confident in Cedric Benson, and the value they were receiving was worth it in Jerry Angelo's mind. It was because Jerry and Lovie wanted to, not because Thomas wanted to.
But wasn't the reason the whole issue of a trade came up because TJ wanted one?

they get smoked.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But wasn't the reason the whole issue of a trade came up because TJ wanted one?
He wanted one last year also, but JA didnt like any of the offers we were getting. So Jones didnt go anywhere and played a pretty good year.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
This thread is sextastic.

I've enjoyed laughing at about 5 different people's ignorance.

Bravo! Encore!
Who exactly are you calling ignorant?

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...