Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-21-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Allen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna guess Nate Allen, but I don't think it will be at 27
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So with that, I'm going to predict...

With the 27th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Charles Brown, Offensive Tackle, University of Southern California.

This is a guy I like, and think he could develop into a very good LT, even if we went with Free at LT initially, Columbo at RT, and when Columbo is let go move Free back over and Charles in.

Still not sure I can buy it. Garrett, and Jerry both said they think Free is more of a LT, and they have faith, it doesn't seem like it's blowing smoke. I'd just be very surprised to see us take a LT before we even give him a chance. Then if Free steps in and does really well, we don't know if Charles Brown can play RT, and for all we know Brewster could be ready to play RT when Columbo is gone.

It's just tough to see it playing out that way, I'd be pretty shocked, but wouldn't be upset(just a little let down that we didn't address a position that really needed an upgrade and LT isn't one to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't trade up for ET, I really hope we trade down. Unless of course somebody falls into our laps we don't expect.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
If we don't trade up for ET, I really hope we trade down. Unless of course somebody falls into our laps we don't expect.
Ugh, I'd be super pissed if we traded out of the 1st, and I had to wait an extra day for us to pick lol. I don't know if I like of not having a 1st round pick two years running, there will be some good players who fall to us I'm pretty sure.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to hammer Jerrah tomorrow evening.

So excited for another WTF draftnight.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post

The good news is that it will be a drawn out pain since the draft will last span so many days now. GAH!!! I am also dreading this year's draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post

At least your keeping it real and expecting to do it no matter who we draft.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The good news is that it will be a drawn out pain since the draft will last span so many days now. GAH!!! I am also dreading this year's draft.
Does this mean we get to rain Goodell's office with torches and pitchforks? I've got my "angry mob" kit on stand-by.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This is a guy I like, and think he could develop into a very good LT, even if we went with Free at LT initially, Columbo at RT, and when Columbo is let go move Free back over and Charles in.

Still not sure I can buy it. Garrett, and Jerry both said they think Free is more of a LT, and they have faith, it doesn't seem like it's blowing smoke. I'd just be very surprised to see us take a LT before we even give him a chance. Then if Free steps in and does really well, we don't know if Charles Brown can play RT, and for all we know Brewster could be ready to play RT when Columbo is gone.

It's just tough to see it playing out that way, I'd be pretty shocked, but wouldn't be upset(just a little let down that we didn't address a position that really needed an upgrade and LT isn't one to me).
Even though I predict Charles Brown, he isn't near the top my wish list. I'm hoping for a skill position player... WR, S, CB.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
At least your keeping it real and expecting to do it no matter who we draft.
haha. that's funny.

I hope I can come away happy. :)
Old 04-22-2010, 03:37 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm buying the Dez Bryant talk. However after saying that I'm not sure if I'm sold on moving up for him.

I think the 27th pick in the draft will be taken from another team...not that dallas cowboys. AKA I'm garuntee'ing a trade of pick 27

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:59 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should bring back TO and Pacman Jones before we draft Dez Bryant. At this point, I am 90% sure that we will trade down. By the way Stephen Jones said he is not going use 27 picks to reach for Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, and OL.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Pouncey or trade back. That's assuming a guy like Bryant or another obvious choice is gone.
B/C Pouncey will "drop" b/c the Steelers will pass on him to take ...... gasp! .... a QB??!!

Bryant will be gone b/c some team will be desperate for a gamechanger WR before #27, Trent Williams will be gone, any other OLT worth a damn will be gone, so it's Nate Allen or best safety available not named Taylor Mays (who may be gone too).

It's draft night, it's Dallas, so yeah nothing should surprise any of us. Even if they trade back out of #27 b/c Jerry isn't wowed by anybody left on the board..... again. I'll be disappointed & pissed ...... again, but not surprised.

Great pick, LL, of Charles Brown holding vs. San Jose St. btw, hope you werent being sarcastic. After all the yellow flags Flozell had dropped on the team, I'd say weve been saturated with O-linemen who're flag magnets.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-22-2010 at 02:04 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Well, the Dez Bryant talk is certainly exciting, but I'm not buying it. I think Golden Tate will be the better pro and if it were up to me, I'd take him before Dez... but that's a whole nother story. I hope the trade up talk is for Earl Thomas and not Dez Bryant. We really need a damn good safety way more than a WR.

I dunno if we'll be trading the pick or not, but I'll guarantee this: Jerry will either make me very happy or very pissed. There is no middle ground. :p
Old 04-22-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I don't know what to think about the Dez talk, it's confusing to say the least. I'll be watching intently though, Goss said Jerry is still fuming about passing Randy Moss and he'll make up for it now.

I want Earl, just not for a 2nd and a 3rd. Really I'd be a bit upset at moving higher then 18 or so. This is a deep draft, you could find a future starter in rounds 2-5 pretty easily.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, the Dez Bryant talk is certainly exciting, but I'm not buying it. I think Golden Tate will be the better pro and if it were up to me, I'd take him before Dez... but that's a whole nother story. I hope the trade up talk is for Earl Thomas and not Dez Bryant. We really need a damn good safety way more than a WR.

I dunno if we'll be trading the pick or not, but I'll guarantee this: Jerry will either make me very happy or very pissed. There is no middle ground. :p
Is this like when you said Lynch would be a better pro than AD? Lol I kid, I kid;)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Is this like when you said Lynch would be a better pro than AD? Lol I kid, I kid;)
Haha. I'll eat crow for that one.... for the time being that is... ;)

Their careers are still young my friend. I didn't think AD would have a long career. ...and that may still be the case. Too many prior injuries and the upright running style would spell doom in a matter of time... that was my logic.

Another thing... Buffalo's OL is way inferior to Minnesota's OL. Just sayin'... ;)
Old 04-22-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lynch being a thug has already hurt his career. I remember the thug argument

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The draft being this late has really been killing my draft buzz. :( I reallllllly miss the old format.

And god, I hate this one round, in one day crap. ugh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote