Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Dez Bryant Appreciation Thread

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great freaking pick. Didn't give up much, still have a chance at Nate Allen, and don't forget Gaither/Atogwe are still floating.

This pick pretty much sets up our offense for the future(providing we can protect romo).

Romo + MB/Felix + Austin/Dez(......Roy) + Witten(.....Bennett)
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been this excited about a pick in a very long time.

I've watched dude play in the Big XII for a long long time and never seemed realistic we would get him as it was known he was a top 5 player for as long as I can remember.

Not sure if the Randy Moss thing had anything to do with it, but I get chills thinking about Bryant playing out to his potential and how he contrast to Austin.

Just an overall good feeling and can't help but be excited about it. Thank goodness Jerry pulled the trigger and jumped Baltimore. I can already tell I'll be all over Training Camp this year checking in to see how he looks and if he has a shot to take over Roy's spot sooner then later.

Still calling Ogletree to take over slot WR duties over Crayton, not that it's an option, but that it'll happen. I'm very confident in that. Roy and Crayton will be gone soon, and then we could still use some depth behind those top 3 guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very excited. That highlight video makes me so ready for camp and we haven't even finished the freaking draft!

He reminds me so much of Irvin with a burst.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Jerry!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Dez pick, easily one of the most talented guys in this draft

Last edited by cdub11 : 04-23-2010 at 12:13 AM.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see Dez in a Cowboy uniform. He single handely led OK State while he was there.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Cowboys fan and am pissed that you guys moved ahead of the Ravens to take him. With that being said, Dez is going to be an absolute stud. I love how he fits in Dallas. He's going to come in with a chip on his shoulder and is going to be a beast. This is easily my favorite pick of the first round.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm not a Cowboys fan and am pissed that you guys moved ahead of the Ravens to take him. With that being said, Dez is going to be an absolute stud. I love how he fits in Dallas. He's going to come in with a chip on his shoulder and is going to be a beast. This is easily my favorite pick of the first round.
I really appreciate the comment. Much respect to one of my favorite non-Cowboys posters.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

As an Eagles fan, I'm pretty worried.

That having been said, this could either turn out really great for you guys (Michael Irvin 2.0) or it could just completely blow up in your face (Terrel Owens 2.0, and not in a good way).

I'm hoping for the latter, but anything's possible obviously. But regardless, you guys got great value at the end of the first round with Dez. Kudos to Jerry for pulling it off.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be the New England Patriots appreciation thread! I thought we were actually going to take him. Then I thought maybe Odrick or Kindle, but then a trade. Then another trade. But yeah congrats on Dez, love how Jerry has the balls to admit he ****** up by passing on Moss and won't make the same mistake again.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

From Extremeskins.

this ****in sucks...posted by Warhead36

They got the top receiver in the draft. Takes receivers some time to develop and he should turn out to a good one....posted by skeenzfan

Dez Bryant in that offense is scary. It's going to be an interesting season...posted by playofsplz

I like Bryant and I'm pissed the Cowboys got him. But the Cowboys OL needs some work so it might not matter who their WRs are...posted by MattFancy

That is bad news. I do not approve...posted by ArmchairRedskin

Man, this sickens me.

They have so much talent now...posted by BuddyLeeGhostHunter

A young TO would be a HUGE acquisition for ANY team. If this guy is TO Jr then the boys just made their draft on this pick. Personally I don't think he's the next TO but I do think he has the physical tools to make noise playing behind Miles and Roy. The threesome they have at wideout is gigantic and talented:

Miles Austin: 6-3 214
Roy Williams: 6-3 215
Dez Bryant: 6-2 225 .....................posted by destino

Because you have no idea how good Dez Bryant is. He is the best WR in the draft and considered top 5 talent. He has had a couple character issues which are really not that horrible. I can't believe the Cowgirls got him. Every game I've watched him in, he's been unstoppable. With Austin opposite of him, I think he's a probowler in a couple years...........posted by U C S D Skinsfan

Dez Bryant is not any kind of "Owens, Jr."

The stuff about him being an issue off the field was pretty overblown.

Great pick by Dallas, unfortunately............posted by Spartacus87

Dez is a great pick up, though. Especially as late as they got him. Those character concerns must have something to them for him to fall, but that talent is hard to pass over. I don't look forward to having to defend Austin, Witten and Bryant.....posted by Armchairredskin

I am a little worried about the Cowboys now...posted by Main-Maine
Old 04-23-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
As an Eagles fan, I'm pretty worried.

That having been said, this could either turn out really great for you guys (Michael Irvin 2.0) or it could just completely blow up in your face (Terrel Owens 2.0, and not in a good way).

I'm hoping for the latter, but anything's possible obviously. But regardless, you guys got great value at the end of the first round with Dez. Kudos to Jerry for pulling it off.
After Dez was picked, Deion Sanders was interviewed about it. He said Dez is a great kid and people who were worried about his character can put it all at rest. The way the Cowboys alumni are involved with the team in a close relationship, guys like Deion, Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith will be around to make sure he succeeds in a Cowboys uniform. The Boys are one of the few teams with the ability to guide him in the right direction.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given Miles and Witten in the offense, they can take a year to let Dez develop. Hell he may have a good first year like Crabtree did. He's in a damn near perfect position, and I can't help but be excited to have him here in Dallas. He's gonna develop right into a stud with another top wideout and elite QB.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Given Miles and Witten in the offense, they can take a year to let Dez develop. Hell he may have a good first year like Crabtree did. He's in a damn near perfect position, and I can't help but be excited to have him here in Dallas. He's gonna develop right into a stud with another top wideout and elite QB.
Talk about the offense being DYNAMIC! Add the expanded role to Felix...whoa!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix and Bryant makes me want to have a seizure. We're talking about giving D coordinators nightmares for years if they both stay healthy.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Good read. If you find some cool ones, please share with us here.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true
Old 04-23-2010, 02:58 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure would love to add his other troubled teammate to the mix. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:11 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Sure would love to add his other troubled teammate to the mix. :D

Sure would make me thrilled as well! I would have to change the name of this thread to The Oklahoma State University Appreciation Thread. :D
Old 04-23-2010, 08:47 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot the kid returned punts...any chance he does that his rookie year?
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say there is a 99.9% chance.

He's a great punt returner, he's way too big to do it in the NFL, long term, and he wont be running away from guys as easily but he'll more than likely stick there, until he finds himself starting at WR.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-23-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, sounds good to me!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

So much for us not playing Madden in real life this year...Austin, RW, Dez, Witten, Felix, MB, Choice, WOW!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just woke up and my first thought was Dez Bryant!, the cracked a smile lol
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If the EA guys had any balls, they'd make Roy Williams a 70 overall, like he should be. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS