Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoe20 View Post
lol actually you paid a lot more than what he was worth.
A LOT more than he was worth. I can't even gebin to explain how much they overpayed him.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
atleast you admit it:D
Hey, I hope for Steinbach's sake that he doesn't get hurt. I feel bad for all the FA's who sign with us and get messed up. I really feel sorry for Bentley because of how badly he wanted to play for us.

On the flip side, for the sake of our team, I hope he doesn't get hurt. If he stays healthy he'll be a great help to us.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Micheal Lewis.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Micheal Lewis.
Good one, I agree with this. Lewis was sad in coverage last year. His only hope is that a change of scenery will help.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoe20 View Post
lol actually you paid a lot more than what he was worth.
Anything more than league minimum is overpaying for the likes of Shiancoe.

Patrick Kerney and Willis McGahee will be the biggest FA/trade busts.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm....how about.....Cato June in _______.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Hmmm....how about.....Cato June in _______.
If Cato June ends up in anything but a Cover 2 defense I could see him being a bust.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fred Smoot, and by sayinbg he'll be a bust I'm saying worse than a nickelback

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leonard Davis
Langston Walker
Fred Smoot
Micheal Lewis
Patrick Kerney

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Leonard Davis, no matter where he plays. There was an earlier post about him moving to NT that seems pretty good to me...

That was me. There is a reason I smell like Sex Panther, I'm a sarcastic ace...
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:18 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

I agree with all the people who said Patrick Kerney. WHEN he gets injured, he'll look like a bust.

Like John Abraham... he's talented, but can't hold it together and stay healthy.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
I agree with all the people who said Patrick Kerney. WHEN he gets injured, he'll look like a bust.

Like John Abraham... he's talented, but can't hold it together and stay healthy.
Check your facts; the injury he had last year was the only time he's ever missed time. Per the ESPN commercials; this is what happens when people talk sports out of their ..... ignorance.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Check your facts; the injury he had last year was the only time he's ever missed time. Per the ESPN commercials; this is what happens when people talk sports out of their ..... ignorance.
Yeah, you're right. I thought he was injured the year before as well. No need to get all insulting over it.

30+ lineman who suffered a tough injury last year though, he's probably done.

Last edited by Non_Sequitur : 03-13-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:49 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Two signings I don't like;
  • Patrick Kerney to Seattle
  • Joey Porter to Miami

It reminds me of when Hugh Douglas got a large contract from Jacksonville, despite his age. Any time you give that much guaranteed money to 30+ year old pass rusher, it's a dicey proposition.
I'm sure both deal are structured in ways that the teams can get out of them early, if need be, much like the Douglas deal was.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:41 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Langston Walker, Bills are paying him like a pro bowler when really he shouldn’t even be starting.

Michael Lewis, I don’t see him as a starter in the NFL he can’t do much of anything right, he is better off as a role player, 49ers are paying way too much money for a backup.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Langston Walker

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. I thought he was injured the year before as well. No need to get all insulting over it.

30+ lineman who suffered a tough injury last year though, he's probably done.
Ahhh the stench of Sex Panther....................GET THE FIRE HOSE!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Abraham could stay healthy, he'd be a Top 10 DE in this league. I can't say the same for Kerney.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Micheal Lewis.
Thats a nice pick right there. Kind of out of the box. I agree to some degree, becuase who knows if he returns to pro-bowl form or not.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Michael Lewis, I don’t see him as a starter in the NFL he can’t do much of anything right, he is better off as a role player, 49ers are paying way too much money for a backup.
Not doing anything right must of made him a pro bowler in 05.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I heard he'll be playing RT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Leonard Davis is not gonna be a bust, he will probably be the best signing because he is playing GUARD!!!!

But w/e, think what you want, we will just throw it in your face next year when he is in the pro-bowl.
No Tnew's right he'll be playing gaurd...and most players who leave arizona turn out better ex:thomas jones...hell make at least 2 pro bowls in the next 4 years mark me down on that...nate clements is the biggest bust idc who you are no CB deserves 80 mil

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock View Post
No Tnew's right he'll be playing gaurd...and most players who leave arizona turn out better ex:thomas jones...hell make at least 2 pro bowls in the next 4 years mark me down on that...nate clements is the biggest bust idc who you are no CB deserves 80 mil
Well Clements has produced over his career unlike a Lazy unmotivated Leonard Davis.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I actually think Clements will do well in San Fran...he definitely has his ups and downs but his ups are very, very nice.

For my bust though I stay right in San Fran...Michael Lewis. He actually got benched for Sean Considine last year and he gets $10 mill guaranteed?
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The BIGGEST Bust will be Ahman Green to Houston.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
I actually think Clements will do well in San Fran...he definitely has his ups and downs but his ups are very, very nice.

For my bust though I stay right in San Fran...Michael Lewis. He actually got benched for Sean Considine last year and he gets $10 mill guaranteed?
"When safety Michael Lewis signed with the 49ers over the weekend, it was reported as a deal that included $10 million in guarantees. But, according to figures obtained by CBS SportsLine.com, the deal has almost $10 million in roster bonuses -- not guarantees.

Lewis will get a roster bonus of $3.5 million this season, and then if he plays well, he'll get one $3.5 next season and $3 million in 2009. If he doesn't play well, the 49ers can cut him without paying the last two. "

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/we...entry/10030961
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote