Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
Here is my mock draft for the Texans.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1st-CB Kareem Jackson-Alabama
2nd-DT Lamarr Houston-Texas
3rd-RB Toby Gerhart-Stanford -or- RB Ben Tate Auburn
4th-OG Mike Johnson-Alabama
5th-FS Myron Rolle-FSU -or- S Kurt Coleman-tOSU
6th A.-CB Walter McFadden-Auburn -or- OT Sam Young Notre Dame
6th B.-WR Jacoby Ford-Clemson
7th-C Kevin Matthews-Texas ATM -or- QB Jarett Brown WVU
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no idea if some of these guys will be there when the Texans pick. I tried to address all of the Texans needs.
Unless we trade back to the end of the 1st round i dont see Jackson as our first pick. Rick Smith is really big on not reaching for a need and IMO Jackson is a big reach at 20. I like the pick of Houston in the 2nd and I also like the idea of waiting till the 3rd round for a RB.

1st round is today, who is everyones finally pick for tonight?

Mine is Kyle Wilson, hopefully he is still there.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

Earl Thomas if hes there, Kyle Wilson, or Pouncey
Old 04-22-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton89 View Post
Exactly what I'm thinking.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton89 View Post
Pouncey would be cool.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
Here is my mock draft for the Texans.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1st-CB Kareem Jackson-Alabama
2nd-DT Lamarr Houston-Texas
3rd-RB Toby Gerhart-Stanford -or- RB Ben Tate Auburn
4th-OG Mike Johnson-Alabama
5th-FS Myron Rolle-FSU -or- S Kurt Coleman-tOSU
6th A.-CB Walter McFadden-Auburn -or- OT Sam Young Notre Dame
6th B.-WR Jacoby Ford-Clemson
7th-C Kevin Matthews-Texas ATM -or- QB Jarett Brown WVU
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no idea if some of these guys will be there when the Texans pick. I tried to address all of the Texans needs.
I think you are the only one that saw Kareem going to us, great call!!!!

I have to say im pretty dissappointed that we passed on Kyle Wilson, also Dan Williams fell to us, that would of been a nice pick to. But I know I shouldnt doubt what the Texans do on draft day, they seem to be right more times than not. I just cant get excited right now.

I really hope that over the night Steve Young loses his voice, i cant stand listening to him.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:55 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Texas homer

great call. no one saw that coming!!!!!

Nice.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, I still think Kyle Wilson would have been a better pick, but Kareem Jackson will be a good CB for us. Hopefully we can pick up a good offensive lineman tonight. Vlad Ducasse could be a mauler at guard, I dunno about the center value in the second round though.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Good day today. I really like the Tate pick. I dont know the DT from Arizona, but we filled a huge need.

I saw a deal on PFT that the Texans were in play for Haynesworth. I guess that didnt work out, but I was shocked to see that we were interested in him.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

As happy as I was yesterday I really dont understand some of todays picks. A LB and a TE in the 4th?????? Why do we need another TE? We are done in the 6th and no safety yet????? Maybe we will get a safety in the 7th that will not make the team.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I liked our first two days, dunno about today though. I like the Trindon Holliday pick, he will be a damn good return man.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Oh good another TE in the 7th. Lets see we now have 6 TEs on our roster if im right. That makes a lot of sense, since most teams only keep 3 on the roster. Im pretty upset we didnt take a chance on Rolle in the 6th. I guess we dont need help at safety since we didnt draft one, i thought we did, but i guess i was wrong.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
RGVBadBoy
Rookie

RGVBadBoy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Trindon Holliday huh? Well, lets see if he can catch in the NFL, he is a KR at best right now.... But he is dirty fast..
RGVBadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think ya'll got the steal of the Draft with Dorin Dickerson in the 7th RD.

Ya'll took another TE earlier (I'm assuming Dickerson will play more Slot than TE for ya'll though), and took a few TE's last year. That mean ya'll aren't planning on re-signing Owen Daniels and are preparing/grooming his replacement(s)? I think lettin' him go would be a major mistake.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think ya'll got the steal of the Draft with Dorin Dickerson in the 7th RD.

Ya'll took another TE earlier (I'm assuming Dickerson will play more Slot than TE for ya'll though), and took a few TE's last year. That mean ya'll aren't planning on re-signing Owen Daniels and are preparing/grooming his replacement(s)? I think lettin' him go would be a major mistake.
I think like 3 of our TE's had surgery and 2 of them wont be ready by training camp.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give the Texans a solid (B) grade on the draft. It is still too early to tell.

I like the Jackson and Tate pick. I think the Texans might have reached a little for Tate, but I think his running style for fit in well with the Texans.

I like the LB Darryl Sharpton from Miami. I didn't know the Texans were going to take a LB as early as the 4th Round. I hope he pushes for a starting job.

The TE pick surprised me.

I really really like CB Sherrick McManis from Northwestern. I think he is going to be a good player. I liked him as a prospect at NW. I think the Texans got good value for him in the 5th.

I also liked the WR/TE Dorin Dickerson pick.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I also like the Texans signing UDFA OT Adam Ulatoski. I hope he makes the team.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big kudos to yall for your A+ draft, & to Texas Homer for that great predraft call on Kareem Jackson.

Lots of luv for your #1 & my homer pick of Jackson, whom I've watched for yrs at Bama. He was the 2nd fastest player on the team behind Javier Arenas, vs. Mississippi 2 yrs ago Dexter McCluster broke a tackle & ran free for >65 yds & Jackson chased him down from behind to save the TD. this guy is a gamer, & nobody prepares CBs for the NFL better than a Saban defense with his disguised coverages & man coverage jamming from the LOS.

Tate will be an instant starter & bigtime power back help right away, great fill for a running game that was awful (30th last yr?), some compared Tate to a young Marion Barber III at Dallas in his running style. I had him as a late (3rd or later) rd. value pick in this draft.

The team has established its own unique identity now under Kubiak, not Denver South anymore! The Texans are the fastest-rising team in the NFL now, Schaub has impressed me ever since colege at UVA & has been The Answer, like manna from heaven. I think they're an improved OL & maybe another good DL to complement Mario & Okobe away from the playoffs. Got to beat Indy though & post a better division rcd. -- Indy has the best home rcd. in the league & somebody has to knock them off their pedestal, might as well be the Texans.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:48 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have rather had Wilson in rd one, but they didn't make a bad pick.

Tate-I think he will do really well. But I have two problems with the pick. Number one is I STILL believe in Slayton. If he returns to rookie form, no other back is needed. And I believe he can. My second problem with the pick is I think he could have been taken later, or another runningback with a similar prospect grade could have been found. Not good value, but a good player. I just can't love the pick.

I am ok with third round, but drafting linebackers and tight ends? I would have thought this would have been the bottom of the list of needs. On the other hand, if these were truly best player available picks, I love that in the later rounds.

All in all, I am not in love with this draft. But it is not bad. I am having trouble getting excited, though. I think Tate will change my mind though, when he goes for 1,500 yards!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote