Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 04-23-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Also a big fan of Roberts, started looking at him during the forum mock and he tape is amazing. Obviously vs lower level talent but it's how he plays that stands out the most. If you can catch you can catch no matter who is guarding you, great hands, goes out and grabs the ball doesn't let it come into his pads.

Jbond feel's he will be pushing Doucet for the #3 jump right away
The way Whis brings along rookies I would be really suprised if he gets much game time to start with. Remember when people were assuming Beanie was going to be the starter last year straight after the draft. If Doucet and Roberts show something during the year it will be interesting to see what happens with Breastons contract.

Washington and Williams will probably see decent time to start with simply because of the lack of depth at their respective positions.

Edit: From the Cards site

Quote:
Coach Ken Whisenhunt said Washington was the 12th-rated player on the Cards’ board (one behind Williams) and was considered with the first round pick. GM Rod Graves said there wasn’t much debate on trading the third-round pick because it was “the right decision.” Whisenhunt said after the pick, one NFC team called to say it was going to take Washington “a couple of picks later.” Whiz didn’t specifically name the team.

Last edited by Stranger : 04-23-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really loving the draft so far. Williams and Washington were perfect picks. Don't know a lot about Roberts, but everyone else seems to like it. Hoping with our 4th we get AOA, but if he's not there I wouldn't mind Campbell, Cox, or Pitta. I wonder if Campbell has some problems we don't know about. Hardly anybody saw him dropping out of the 2nd, much less the 3rd.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would have liked AOA but I am pretty happy with Schofield, probably the one mid round OLB I really wanted. We are backed up at the position for this season but he will probably redshirt this year with his injury and then next year he will move into the rotation when Haggans leaves.

Giving up McFadden for Skelton is a pretty big move so I am guessing the team feels confident in Toler. I liked what McFadden brought during the season but he was awful in the two playoff games, even with DRC/Rolle playing injured or off the field it seemed like it was him giving up all of the TDs. Skelton seems like a decent guy to take for a long term project at QB as well so hopefully he can show something over the next few years.

Don't know anything about Calvin. Looks like he was a JUCO guy and then missed last year after being declared academically ineligible. You guys know anything about him?

Dray - just a depth guy to compete with Becht/Spach for the blocking TE role.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schofield was an absolute monster when healthy, if he can return to form could be one of the bigger steals in the draft. He destroyed my Canes in our bowl game.

John Skelton may be my favorite pick in this draft, He has been my favorite developmental QB for awhile now. Has an amazing arm, great size, good vision and pocket awareness and a ton of upside. His main weakness is footwork and throwing short routes but these things can be taught.

Don't know much about Jorrick Calvin yet but here is the reason he didn't play last year.

Quote:
Calvin said he was academically ineligible because, after a “couple of deaths” in his family in the spring of 2009, he failed to inform one of his teachers he would be missing some classes and he ended up with a failing grade. That put him below the 24 credit hours for the year he needed to play. “I’ve had problems in my past, but I have come to realize there is more in life to worry about than bull,” he said.
Didn't know much about Dray but he looks like a amazing blocking TE with good hands, a younger Spach/Becht.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like all of the picks except for Jorrick Calvin in the 6th. Seems like there were better CB's left on the board there, and nothing really stands out about his game. Not to mention he hasn't played organized football in over a year. Not the player to pick for an already ailing CB corps.

I absolutely love the O'Brien Schofield pick if he can return to form before he blew out his knee. One of my favorite players in the draft since I watched a lot of Wisconsin games this year.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed A.J. Jefferson as a UDFA if that is any consolation.

As for Calvin, Whis said in a interview that due to the Bill Walsh Coaching Fellowship Program they were very close with Troy coaches and had a lot of good information about him. Said he was a very talented physical corner who can run.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just like to say that a d-line consisting of Dockett/Dan Williams/Campbell makes me poop my pants
Old 04-24-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

+ add in the 1st true pass rusher we've had in forever with Porter

Old 04-25-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
We signed A.J. Jefferson as a UDFA if that is any consolation.

As for Calvin, Whis said in a interview that due to the Bill Walsh Coaching Fellowship Program they were very close with Troy coaches and had a lot of good information about him. Said he was a very talented physical corner who can run.
Don't really know much about Jefferson either, but we'll see what happens.

Well if Whis likes him that's good enough for me. Just seemed like an oddball pick at the time given our corner situation.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2010, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post

Well if Whis likes him that's good enough for me. Just seemed like an oddball pick at the time given our corner situation.
Here's Calvin's Troy profile.

http://www.troytrojans.com/ViewArtic...ATCLID=1523227

Looks like he is a decent returner as well. Guess it will be Roberts on punt returns and him/LSH on kick returns.

Quote:
Took over as the Trojans' primary kick and punt returner from record-setting All-American Leodis McKelvin, taking one kickoff back 95 yards for a touchdown against North Texas ... Returned a blocked field goal 65 yards for a score against ULL ... Finished the season ranked 30th in the nation, and first in the Sun Belt, in kick returns, averaging 25.7 yards per return, or 2.5 yards more per return than McKelvin had as a senior to earn All-America honors
Old 04-26-2010, 03:46 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post

Quote:
A tall, long-armed corner who exhibits good length and physicality when lined up in press coverage. Jefferson shows good coordination when extending his arms and has the ability to remain balanced as he reroutes receivers off the line. However, he's a bit leggy when asked to redirect and isn't the most fluid of cornerbacks. Jefferson is a natural bender in his drop but struggles to quickly break down and explode out of his breaks, with a tendency to drift. But once he gets his feet under him, he can quickly close on the ball. He displays good range downfield and has an ability to turn and run with receivers vertically. However, he opens up his hips too early and struggles to quickly regain his footwork and change directions.
cant link the source but he was graded the same as Jerome Murphy, Patrick Robinson and Jorrick Calvin

Old 04-26-2010, 04:34 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Quote:
cant link the source but he was graded the same as Jerome Murphy, Patrick Robinson and Jorrick Calvin
Not big fans of Robinson I guess.

Sounds like Jefferson is a good pick up though. Hopefully him or Calvin can step up and contribute early because I don't really want to see Adams as our main nickelback. Wouldn't be suprised if we brought Brown back as well to give us some veteran experience at CB.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys signed former Ole Miss CB Marshay Green, is undersized but very athletic and tough and can return.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:36 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

we have so many potential returners on the team right now

Old 04-27-2010, 04:21 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Quote:
we have so many potential returners on the team right now
Bringing in Justin Miller for a tryout as well.

Found some highlight video for some of the UDFAs we brought in.

Stephen Williams WR Toledo 6-4 210 4.53

Max Komar WR 5-11 202

Marshay Green CB 5-9 175

Last edited by Stranger : 04-27-2010 at 05:45 AM.