Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-07-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, and to be honest, with the way these last few episodes have gone? I trust them to tell a kickass story for the last six episodes. In the last month this show has really gone back to what it originally was: an hour of fun.

I look for the ratings to increase slightly for the next few episodes.. hopefully enough for a renewal, even if only for 13 episodes as a replacement later in the year. One of the new pilots is destined to tank. It's on NBC after all.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah, and to be honest, with the way these last few episodes have gone? I trust them to tell a kickass story for the last six episodes. In the last month this show has really gone back to what it originally was: an hour of fun.

I look for the ratings to increase slightly for the next few episodes.. hopefully enough for a renewal, even if only for 13 episodes as a replacement later in the year. One of the new pilots is destined to tank. It's on NBC after all.
I would guess it'd be more like 3+. NBC has been horrible lately.

And seriously. Just move the show to Wednesday or something. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has to be something internal that the normal audience doesn't get. The show is not doing well in its current timeslot, so why not move it? Put it on Wednesday at 8, when it isn't up against much tougher competition, and allow it to grow there. If what I'm reading is true about dvr/hulu/nbc.com numbers, it should flourish on a night with some boring stuff on.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should put it on at 10 after the 2 hour comedy block on Thursday's, and move The Marriage Ref to somewhere else.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I was kind of hoping they'd throw their "reality" junk up against the other Monday stuff but so far it hasn't happened yet.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: Now that Agents Walker and Bartowski are together on Chuck, what’s next for our favorite couple? —Charles
Ausiello: A new obstacle! “Chuck has a secret he’s keeping from Sarah,” teases exec producer Josh Schwartz. “A secret that could cost Chuck what Sarah loves most about him — his mind.” Um, yikers!

Question: Two weeks in the row without any Chuck spoilers? What’s the matter, sad that Shaw is finally gone? I’m not! What’s next for Team Bartowski? —Marie
Ausiello: That Shaw crack may come back to haunt you, since I have it on very good authority that someone from Chuck’s past will return in the finale to do him great harm. Guesses? Hit the comments!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/...ouse-chuck-24/

Last edited by Whistler6 : 04-14-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Haha, oh snaps!

I don't think it's Shaw. If I had to guess? Chevy Chase.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

BUMP!

Just a reminder to the rest of the citizens of Buymoria here, Monday 4-26, first new episode since Chuck vs The Other Guy. Make sure to tune in live!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Chuck was done for a little while.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-26-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad I'll be writing a paper and in class. I'll have to catch it online tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I thought Chuck was done for a little while.
It was off the air for two weeks (no idea why) but it's back tonight for six more weeks. The next two or three will probably go in to determining whether or not it's picked up for a fourth season.

edit: Article about tonights episode and Chuck in general by Alan Sepinwall. No spoilers, just a good read:

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/i...is_better.html

Last edited by vidae : 04-26-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

That article makes me think the chances of Chuck getting renewed are slim. I cant' believe NBC is making another Law and Order.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-26-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That article had me at 'John Casey as a bearded clown'.

ps I guarantee Yvonne takes a dick better than anyone ever.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
That article had me at 'John Casey as a bearded clown'.

ps I guarantee Yvonne takes a dick better than anyone ever.
I bet Job would have something to say about this.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
That article makes me think the chances of Chuck getting renewed are slim. I cant' believe NBC is making another Law and Order.
There is a chance it is renewed and paired up with a new spy pilot/dramedy called "Undercovers".. they might go with a themed night type of deal. I'm not sure how true the rumors are, but it would be pretty cool.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
There is a chance it is renewed and paired up with a new spy pilot/dramedy called "Undercovers".. they might go with a themed night type of deal. I'm not sure how true the rumors are, but it would be pretty cool.
Would it be on a non-House/HIMYM night? If so that sounds great. I've never heard of this Undercovers.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah. It is rumored to be Wednesday nights.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't abandon hope just yet.

Quote:
To quote Professor Farnsworth, "Good news, everyone!" It's looking likely that 'Chuck' will be getting another season on NBC, according to the Ausiello Files, although no official word has been sent to the press as of yet.

This is comforting news, as ratings for its current season haven't been stellar, despite the excellent pseudo-season finale, which was written before its six-episode extension was commissioned. Our own Joel Keller has an excellent interview here on TV Squad with 'Chuck' co-creator Chris Fedak about "Season 3.2."

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/04/23/ch...claims-source/

Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I read that as well. Unsure how I feel about it, but Ausiello isn't wrong a lot and wouldn't post it unless it's true.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

"But off the record, it's about damn time."
-Gen. Beckman

Alan Sepinwall's instant recap puts a nice bow on the episode:

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2010/0...rah-smile.html

Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Polyphonic Spree ftw.

Great episode. Chuck and Sarah together = :) .

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved all the references to odd pairs throughout this episode, ie. Jeffster as Simon and Garfunkel, Morgan/Casey etc.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Chuck got a 2.1 again which is holding steady. I'm not sure what this means yet but hopefully it ticks upwards a LITTLE next week, and hopefully we know the future of our show sooner rather than later. :)

Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved this episode. Great blend of action and humor. Much lighter tone than the other episodes from this season. Felt like season 1/2 Chuck.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

General Beckman going out of character a bit and speaking for basically the entire Chuck fanbase = awesome
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote